-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "Notify Me" feature of the shooting supply houses works great. Night shifter here, and just got my sleep interrupted to order some mini mags that I got an email about.

But you gotta be ready when you get that notification. I had trouble signing in and called their order number. When I first called they had 43 boxes. By the time I could tell him I'd take 5 boxes they were down to only 14, and we're talking about maybe 15 seconds...

No idea how many they had to start, but they obviously go fast. You'd need to have an account set up and all your horsepower ready to plow when your phone chimes...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
The "Notify Me" feature of the shooting supply houses works great. Night shifter here, and just got my sleep interrupted to order some mini mags that I got an email about.

But you gotta be ready when you get that notification. I had trouble signing in and called their order number. When I first called they had 43 boxes. By the time I could tell him I'd take 5 boxes they were down to only 14, and we're talking about maybe 15 seconds...

No idea how many they had to start, but they obviously go fast. You'd need to have an account set up and all your horsepower ready to plow when your phone chimes...

If I'd taken the time to take a leak first, I'd have missed out...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw on the internet someone trying to return toilet paper after the panic subsided. The store wouldn't give the money back. haha!

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Items are selling out within minutes of hitting the shelf instead of weeks. That’s what’s happening.

I keep hearing that and seeing Youtube videos etc of ammo makers going full bore, but.........I just can help but thinking there is a stink in the air about this whole thing.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
the "third time" has been ongoing for more than a year.

vires,fortitudo,vigilantia
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by metricman

Not where I live

As late as September I was able to buy about any common ammo in the big box stores locally.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by HunterJim
As the Bible doesn't say... "This too shall pass".

Yep, and it will catch some of the resellers by surprise, like it did the guy I mentioned earlier who had a garage full of rimfire ammo marked with "Obama panic" prices, after the panic had dissipated.

Thanks, John, I needed a good laugh.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by metricman

Less than a year here. Last Feb. I bought 40 SW and had ample supply and variety
of ammo to choose. I ordered 2 or 3 diff brands & bullets, no problem.

Now— it’s hard to find ‘much’ of anything. The antifa, blm riots started the gun/ammo purchases and the closer to election the greater Panic accelerated. I didn’t need anything so I didn’t pay attention as to when
the real panic started.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Hornady appears to be spitting out bullets. I have had little issue finding them. Two boxes of their 150 gr .308 Interlocks arrived from Midway today. A number of same diameter ELDx's and m's over the past couple of weeks. Also seeing TSX's fairly regularly.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
I like what my LGS does. They keep ammunition in the back room. When someone buys a gun from them, they bring out a couple of boxes and offer to sell them the ammo for the gun they just purchased.

Liars should have good memories.
H. Babcock
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Items are selling out within minutes of hitting the shelf instead of weeks. That’s what’s happening.

I keep hearing that and seeing Youtube videos etc of ammo makers going full bore, but.........I just can help but thinking there is a stink in the air about this whole thing.

I suggest you drive up to Lewiston and take a look for yourself. Yes, while you're there you'll notice the stink of reduced sulphur compounds in the air of the Lewis-Clark Valley but it won't be coming from the CCI/Speer operations!

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwall

Less than a year here. Last Feb. I bought 40 SW and had ample supply and variety
of ammo to choose. I ordered 2 or 3 diff brands & bullets, no problem.

Now— it’s hard to find ‘much’ of anything. The antifa, blm riots started the gun/ammo purchases and the closer to election the greater Panic accelerated. I didn’t need anything so I didn’t pay attention as to when
the real panic started.

Some photo documentation:

A Feb 20, 2020 Day Purchased 40 SW

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B Mar 22, 2020 Ammo ordered arrived

C. Mar 27, 2020 Ammo at LGS

These pix will disappear in 1 week. ( pic management)

Last week I stopped by just to look ---- much less.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Per 22lr ammo in fort walton beach florida walmart - it was late 2019 before I saw 22lr ammo .

Asked an employee there ''why no 22lr ammo''? he said the same guys still come in and buy every bit of it .
Said a couple of women who worked there would get the ammo from the back as soon as it came off the truck - hide it under other stuff that they were going to restock on the shelves , then call the ammo buyers and hand it over to them .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

701 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 62 invisible), 3,138 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,096
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.