OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I have to ship a 50-round box of 270.

Who is better/cheaper? Brown or purple?

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just send it in a Postal Priority box and write “ORM-D” on it. You are not “the shipper” according to DOT regulations and bear no responsibility for its packing or certification. Even the questions they ask you won’t stand up in a court of law unless you have been trained or certified.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Just send it in a Postal Priority box and write “ORM-D” on it. You are not “the shipper” according to DOT regulations and bear no responsibility for its packing or certification. Even the questions they ask you won’t stand up in a court of law unless you have been trained or certified.

These items may not be sent in U.S. mail:
Air Bags
Ammunition
Explosives
Gasoline
Marijuana (medical or otherwise)

Illegitimi non carborundum

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Excellent advice

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Raspy

These items may not be sent in U.S. mail:
Air Bags
Ammunition
Explosives
Gasoline
Marijuana (medical or otherwise)

+1

for me UPS has been cheaper

Ted
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sounds like advise from a 'barracks lawyer'. Let us know how that works out for you the next time you send ammo via USPS.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just tried to ship ammunition at FedEx, they refused to ship it. I guess I'll try UPS next.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
UPS is better in my experience.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Sako76
I just tried to ship ammunition at FedEx, they refused to ship it. I guess I'll try UPS next.

Was that a Fedex store or the main facility? Neither UPS or Fedex will take ammo at a store .They are not permitted to keep it over night.Their rules no tFeds.Either ones take it here at their facility

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I recently used UPS without issue. FedEx will ship but you need to set up an account, print the label and have them pick it up from you. At least that is what I was told at the time.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Wow, what a genius. USPS won’t ship it and UPS doesn’t want “ORM-D” on any box, they want a picture of a diamond with 2 black triangles on the top and bottom.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by Sako76

Was that a Fedex store or the main facility? Neither UPS or Fedex will take ammo at a store .They are not permitted to keep it over night.Their rules no tFeds.Either ones take it here at their facility

Main hub, a woman clerk and supervisor.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

Excellent advice

Solid, totally dude....

Geebus. Like the guys who say just put the handgun in a flat rate box and send it...

By submitting a package to the USPS you are affirming you are in compliance. Court of law? Bullchit.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 02/23/21.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don’t send it then, good luck

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 02/23/21.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Don’t send it then, good luck

Piss poor advice you have given. Zero correct.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
646 members (160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 74 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,172
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.