Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by SuperCub
"It's once fired." ........ <LOL>

Or "Never been fired" revolver.

Until you open the cylinder and look at the breach face, under the ejector rod or around the forcing cone.

Not so much at gun shows but apparently the current fad on gunbroker is to describe something as "doesn't look like it's been fired much". Gee, no [bleep], I can clean up a firearm real good so it doesn't look like it's been fired much, too.

Gunshows definitely ain't what they used to be when any T, D and H could get an FFL and didn't need to support a brick and mortar store. Used to be a fellow that would come down to Boise from someplace in Washington and would have 5 end tables loaded with every brand and kind of NIB handgun you could imagine. He kept them under plastic sheets to keep the looky-loos from fingerprinting them but you could examine them if you asked. He had excellent prices, well under any retail store in the area.

Still go to shows occasionally, partly out of something to do and partly 'cause you never know...

Last show here in February I found a nice Remington 121 from 1939 in better shape than most of them for sale on gunbroker. Got to examine it thoroughly before buying so I wasn't dependent on some half ass photographer's images of his socks next to his firearm lying on the floor, then got to haggle an agreeable price and didn't have to add shipping plus FFL fee plus waiting and hoping some shipping company didn't destroy it.

Also got a Smith Model 35-1 at that same show in very good to excellent shape, something I'd had my eye out for on gunbroker for a while. Also got it for a reasonable price, a good bit under what most all of them are selling for on GB, and again with no shipping or FFL fee or waiting.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Would rather watch Antiques Roadshow.

Isn't that what a gunshow is??

Yes, but you are not supposed to get drunk at a gun show and guess the prices of the items.

Well...you could I guess.

This might actually make most gun shows bearable.

It was a favorite drinking game back in the day.

Tune into a little AR....get drunk and everybody gets a guess.

Loser buys.

I am MAGA.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Of course you can still buy and sell children... if you know the right people.

Like Joe Biden

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
New in Box
Rare
(No box)

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Nice sign on table saying,
“Price according to attitude”

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If gun shows did not exist they would have to be invented so that folks would have a venue to wear the t-shirts that are too f-ing stupid to wear anywhere else.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
How much you gotta have for it ?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RufusG
If gun shows did not exist they would have to be invented so that folks would have a venue to wear the t-shirts that are too f-ing stupid to wear anywhere else.

Don’t forget the pasty, white, 350 lbs, 5’4” dudes all decked out in their SWAT garb walking around with “that look “.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Used to go to a couple small town shows in the winter just for something to do and from time to time I'd find a gem. Haven't been to one for a couple of years now though, some of them turned into tables and tables of cheap china junk accessories and the guys harassing you to buy their crap.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Years ago there was a guy that used to have quite a display of handguns at one of the shows around here.

Rumor was that he was quite wealthy and just traveled to gun shows as a hobby.

One year he had a Thompson sub on display, don’t know if it was a replica or not, with a BIG Sign saying DO NOT TOUCH.

Some guy didn’t think the sign applied to him, so he picked it up, then handed it to his son who was about 10-12 and the little guy dropped it on the concrete floor.

Never saw that seller at the gun shows ever again.

Guess he figured out that MN Liberals are to f*cken stupid to read, so it might be wise not to sell them any firearms.

Last edited by steve4102; 02/23/21.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I like going to small town gun shows.I find more deals at them.I used to have tables at 8 or 10 gun shows in the UP and Northern Wi. when I was making knives.Used to take a cot and sleep right in the gun show by my tables.Met a lot of interesting people at them.Most of the good trading and selling and buying goes on before or after the show.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I had a rifle from a few decades back, bought it used.
Explained that and the dumbfugs asked about " round count ".

Well its a bolt action, but before that it was a belt feed so...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Shrills, giggles,oooos and ahhhhhhhs of people marveling at the fat gun guy’s wife who also has her own enterprise of selling sugar gliders.

As a bonus, you might catch their 30 year old son wandering around with a 1/2 grown raccoon on his shoulder, with poodle leash.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by RufusG

Don’t forget the pasty, white, 350 lbs, 5’4” dudes all decked out in their SWAT garb walking around with “that look “.

Thousand yard stare....looking for that next donut and thinking about all the donuts he's ate in the past

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by hookeye
I had a rifle from a few decades back, bought it used.
Explained that and the dumbfugs asked about " round count ".

Well its a bolt action, but before that it was a belt feed so...

Based on looking at it , gotta be under 500 rounds

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Or the guys whose wife or daughter is a "west virginia 6" wearing very revealing clothes and acting like she knows anything about guns.

Elmer standing around pretending to look at a gun but hoping a titty pops out...

Shudder.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 02/23/21.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I will attend the next local show because a few decent guys show up and touching base w that network can be useful.

Im on the hunt for a rifle or two, older, nothing special but not common. Maybe one of the good guys knows where one is.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Went to a GS with nice 1953 Savage 99, 300 Savage.......... Want to sell it? YEs!,,What you asking? $600. That's way high!!! looking at his stuff I said, then I have come to the right table!!!!! He was not amused.

At a local Flea market, guy had a 99 that seriously looked like he had drug it there behind the truck, there was a gap between stock and tang you could put TWO quarters in side by side.... What you want I asked? $900 was the reply! I laughed out loud, belly laugh.....

I said I'll give you a hundred for the parts. He cussed me for 3 minutes.....

One of my favorites are the CALVARY Carbines..................... I usually tell them I don't think that's really that old!!!! They look at me puzzled.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Muffin

At a local Flea market, guy had a 99 that seriously looked like he had drug it there behind the truck, there was a gap between stock and tang you could put TWO quarters in side by side.... What you want I asked? $900 was the reply! I laughed out loud, belly laugh.....

I said I'll give you a hundred for the parts. He cussed me for 3 minutes.....

I can top that: about 20 years ago at the local outdoor flea market a guy had a few crapped-out lever-actions mounted on barn lumber he was selling as $700 'wall-hangers'. They were deteriorated to the point that they would possibly make gate-hangers at a ranch entrance.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I've been to the Tulsa show

Cool place to see

I went when it was still a small show, only 2500 tables! The lower portion was closed. What a show! A buddy that lived in Tulsa and I started Saturday morning and left when they closed the doors. Sunday afternoon they were packing up before we made it to all 2500 tables!

I would go back in a heartbeat! Local 180 table show is more of a social event where you get to see friends that you may only see once a year!

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
705 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 3,060 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.