Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
One thing I've noticed is that after the surgery, bright light is more intense. Sun glasses become much more important. It's been 14 years since mine and it's still bright.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rocky, real glad it worked out well for you. On both of mine I didn't hear much of anything after it got to "three martinis". wink

On the bright light, yes, I'm noticing that as well. Don't know if it's because the translucent shade has been removed from my eyes or if the iris can't close enough. Been doing with some cheaper generic sunglasses but might invest in some high quality ones going forward.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It did go well. My eye is still a bit milky this morning, but it's improving. No discomfort at all. Have my post-op check later today, then a vision check in a week. I made the anesthesiologist laugh. He announced that he had started the drip and a few seconds later, I confirmed that he had reached "One martini."

One thing irked me. Halfway through the procedure, the nurses started talking about their resumes and related stuff. I finally said "Can we cut the chit-chat and do our jobs?" The doctor didn't say anything right then but I suspect he may have later I was wheeled out. I thought it was unprofessional and lax. If he brings it up again today, that's what I'm going to tell him.

During a recent colonoscopy, it didn't bother me at all that the nurses and doctor talked about things unrelated to my wrinkled old butt! When I had my eyes done, the whole procedure was accomplished so quickly, once the doctor picked up the instrument, there was no time for much of a conversation though we talked about shooting a bit. GD

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I was completely out during both of mine. They could have talked about my manhood and I wouldn't have known or cared.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. Had mine done in the previous March and July getting tuned up for distance. Had always been near sighted and needed glasses for way out there. Now I'm far sighted and need glasses for reading, fly tying, etc. If I need to tighten a screw or address some issue with my reading glasses now, I need glasses to work on my glasses.

Extremely pleased with my results. Surgeon said when he first began such work, it was a 3 day inpatient process. Now prep time takes longer than the surgery and one is out the door.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The process is a little different when they use the laser to break up the old lens.
You're wide awake for the laser part. Doc is telling you when it's coming and not to move.
They do give you a happy pill and all kinds of drops in the eye. When he put that tool that holds the lids back it was a little unnerving but I didn't give a chit. Good pill.
After the laser they roll you to another room to finish up. Got the joy juice in the arm then and completely out.
The folks working in there were all business no chit chat. The surgeon was like a machine himself, he questioned the help like it was a preflight.

Glad you're doing well Rocky.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I wasn't even aware of the device that held my eyelid open until they tore it off. I was told that I had to stay awake so as to stare at the light while the Doc worked, and if I felt like I was going to nod off, to say so.

I do realize that the op room staff can probably work perfectly while chit chatting due to the amount of practice they get. But to the PATIENT it is unprofessional, unnerving, and frightening.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 1minute
Yes. Had mine done in the previous March and July getting tuned up for distance. Had always been near sighted and needed glasses for way out there. Now I'm far sighted and need glasses for reading, fly tying, etc. If I need to tighten a screw or address some issue with my reading glasses now, I need glasses to work on my glasses.

Extremely pleased with my results. Surgeon said when he first began such work, it was a 3 day inpatient process. Now prep time takes longer than the surgery and one is out the door.

I’ve worn eyeglasses since 7th grade, so used to having them in place.

I found I needed two sets of cheater glasses. One for phone/laptop distance, and one for bench distance.

I have full time eyeglasses now that other than correction for astigmatism, are basically panes with progressive bifocals. Works great!

Still need a pair for glasses work. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I found I needed two sets of cheater glasses. One for phone/laptop distance, and one for bench distance.

I have full time eyeglasses now that other than correction for astigmatism, are basically panes with progressive bifocals. Works great!
My situation exactly. I've been wearing them for 70 years and would have a hard time getting used to them being gone.

― George Orwell

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by 1minute

I’ve worn eyeglasses since 7th grade, so used to having them in place.

Still need a pair for glasses work. wink

four eyes bender

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
155 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 12 invisible), 1,465 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,904
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.