Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thinking about getting a new pup after retirement so have been perusing the local ads. Seems "-doodle" is all the rage - labradoodle, schnoodle, lhasadoodle, goldendoodle - lots and lots of goldendoodles, blooddoodle, even one "Australian Mountain Doodle". I'm surprised no one is advertising any poodledoodles.

So, not ranting or satirizing here (although it is a bit comical), but a semi-serious question; what's the big attraction to mixing breeds with poodles? Or is it just the inevitable result of poodles sneaking out of the house to find horny bitches lots more than other dogs?

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Have you seen all the men walking around with skinny jeans?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They're the same people that believe we can vaccinate colds.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it’s a combination of fad and sounding “cute” to some buyers and the appeal of poodles and poodle crosses generally not shedding.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Poodles are high on the intelligence scale and they don't shed. I had a labradoodle for 13 years and she was the best dog I've ever had.

Now I'm looking for a standard poodle for my next dog. Bypassing all those doodle half breeds and go straight to the source.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
They are smart Basstards for one and they don’t shed. Personally I don’t care for poodles though.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
They a mutts but the cool thing to have now I guess. People get a lot of money for them, i ran across a litter of double golden doodles...like a three way incest thing it sounded like when the lady explained it, she was getting 800 a piece like it was nothing.

I hear they dont shed and are hypoallergenic so I guess thats a good thing

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Meeeahh....... They are all MUTS, PERIOD. You never know what you will get with a "MUT". The "Doodles" do shed and they are NOT "Anti Allergic" either . All kinds of temperament and inherited conformation issues too.

There are NO "BREEDERS" of Doodle-anything............... They are all just Scam Artists.......

There are over 100 different breeds registered by the AKC. Do a search on the various breeds, pick a good breeder and be happy for many years because you will know what you will get.

Last edited by Natty_Bumpo; 02/23/21.

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I don't know. One of my SIL is allergic to all dogs except a "doodle". That's what they got, and he's fine with it, so for some people at least they ARE hypoallergenic.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The faithfulness of a lab and the non-shedding of a poodle.

Having said that, they’re just the latest “must have” pet.

I saw an “Australian” doodle the other day, too and thought WTF? Just another way to add some cache to the mutt.

Bottom line - people are idiots.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
They're the same people that believe we can vaccinate colds.

I think cuck911 has a doodle. The few people I know that picked up doodle has serious health issues. Not much regulation of breed. Lots of puppy mills. I know of no reputable longterm breeders of doodles.

Stick with a well known breed with a good breeder who cares, with health certs. Just get a standard poodle from a reputable breeder.

Last edited by ribka; 02/23/21.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They are great if your allergic, but that's the only benefit I can see. If you price a pup. you'll go to a shelter to get a dog.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Oldest daughter's Poodle-Ausie Shepard bitch mix had a litter of 11 pups late last year and had them all sold but one (they kept one) for big bucks before they were a month old. The sire is a Goldendoodle. She's got another litter due next weekend from the same two dogs. Bunch of people have already spoke interest in buying them once born.

I haven't seen anything out of any of her Doodle mix dogs that made me believe they were especially intelligent. She had another one a few years ago and I developed a strong dislike for. That dog was a really hard headed thing. It refused to do anything it didn't want to do and would fight you every step of the way to not do it. The only redeeming quality it had was it was very protective of their family. It would even try to "save" daughter and grandkids when they were swimming in their swimming pool by jumping in and pulling them to safety even though they didn't need saving.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The F1 cross is pretty predictable. A first generation golden doodle is pretty much the same where ever you look.

My son has a standard poodle x springer. He is a big furry white with black speckles mop, loves the water, loves the kids, and leaves gallons of water in his wake when he crawls out of the pond. He is hilarious. My son loves him as do the grandkids, But I would not have him around.

F2 crosses are where things get unpredictable, as you never know how many genes or which genes of each breed you will end up with.

My wife and daughter each bought respectively a female and a male (brother and sister) from a litter of "morkies". maltese X yorkie.

My wife's female appears to be about 80% maltese, while my daughter's male appears to be 80% yorkie. Typical of an F2 cross.

Yes, they could have just gone to the pound and picked any toy sized mutt, and saved $1500 apiece. But at least this way they are fairly assured there is not a damned pitbull in the ancestry anywhere.

Myself, our next and probably last dog is going to be a fine Golden from Ponderay Kennels. I will have to drive to Colorado to get him.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like a good mutt for the house. Helps if they don't shed. But I'm not going to pay mid or even high 3 figures or more for one.

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
We've got a golden doodle that was rehomed. The family that originally bought him was in over their heads with a new pup, so we didn't pay the insane breeder fees.

Say what you will about them being the trendy pet for suburban housewives, he's a great dog. Gentle with kids, smart, and obedient. Absolutely no regrets.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They don't shed, at least not as much, and they're supposed to be non-allergenic.
Get a large one bred from a standard poodle. Some of the standards still have some brains. The small ones are bred from toy poodles and the toy breed is as stupid as dogs can come. They've bred them for small size and zero brains.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Like already stated. No shedding and very smart which makes them easy to train. If you just want a pet, they are a great option and and generally great dogs. Nothing worse than a stupid pup.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Natty_Bumpo
Meeeahh....... They are all MUTS, PERIOD. You never know what you will get with a "MUT". The "Doodles" do shed and they are NOT "Anti Allergic" either . All kinds of temperament and inherited conformation issues too.

There are NO "BREEDERS" of Doodle-anything............... They are all just Scam Artists.......

There are over 100 different breeds registered by the AKC. Do a search on the various breeds, pick a good breeder and be happy for many years because you will know what you will get.

Correct.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would’nt pay 2,000$ for stupid ass, inbred, hyper-active dog.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
386 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,044 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.