Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Are they just trying to inflate the dollar until $15 is worth $7 so that the minimum wage has a chance of working?
And the dollar denominated national debt is worth less?
Or are they just crazy?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All that minimum wages have ever accomplished is to get people laid off and raise prices.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My parents bought the house I grew up in for $17,000 in 1971. Care to guess what it is worth today? About the same as in 1971. Care to guess what its dollar value is today?

Yes, they are intentionally inflating the currency in every way they can. They don't care about the debt, because they can inflate pay it off right now with more fake money. It's all a shell game for the people who create and manipulate the currency, and the purpose of the whole thing is to keep you creating real value and then exchanging that real value for fake money. That is power over you. That is you being a member of the slave class. That is them owning you.

That's what it's all about: them owning you. They don't care about the idiotic machinations that make such ownership easier to manage. People will spend tens of millions of dollars to get elected to Federal office so that they can be a part of the ruling class, rather than being rich slaves.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's what you need to know about the push for a higher minimum wage. Many union contracts are based on a scale that works off of minimum wage and require raises as the minimum wage rises.

IT IS A PAYOFF TO UNIONS for backing the Democrats.

one link of many on the subject:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwor...ise-in-the-minimum-wage/?sh=7b01effa3ae4

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yes, they are intentionally inflating the currency in every way they can.
I was in Home Depot yesterday. 7/16 OSB is up another $2 to $32/sheet. Last year it was about $7.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What does an increas in minum wage really do? It's a pay raise for union workers who make much more than minimum wage' it puts people out of work as business layoff as labor costs increase, and most importantly it becomes a barrier to entry level job creation preventing teens from entering the work force and gaining work experience.

Phouc that Dem mantra "We need a living wage". That is not what it is all about.

Last edited by hatari; 02/23/21.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
You can make “minimum wage” any number you want, when the dust settles from the gov. Interference, prices will adjust and you will still be the lowest earning bracket. Minimum isn’t a number, it’s an ordinal rank.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Are they just trying to inflate the dollar until $15 is worth $7 so that the minimum wage has a chance of working?
And the dollar denominated national debt is worth less?
Or are they just crazy?

Exactly.

Also an excellent way to keep fixed income and Social Security viable.

We will keep your $512 monthly stipend fully backed.

But we are sorry that $512 is insufficient to put a half a tank of fuel in your vehicle.

The one I have not figured out yet it's 2% home loans. People have financed and refinanced and refinanced again and have locked in on 30-year fixed mortgages at absurdly low interest rates. It just seems completely illogical to me unless the government intends to take over the lending institutions and you have to pay back your mortgage with some type of government issued script or currency other than the dollar that is used in the free Marketplace.

In normal economics if you have a super low interest rate 30-year loan on a $400,000 house and hyperinflation occurs as a direct result of the issuance of unbacked and unearned fiat currency your house will appreciate substantially and you will be a huge winner at the end of 30 years.

There is no way that this can possibly play out... but I have not figured out the endgame yet.

Last edited by CashisKing; 02/23/21. Reason: Damn phone typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah, I am all for politicians 'righting' to get me the 'minimum'..........................

I'm all for helping people, I often help people................ but I don't take them to raise, and you can't LIVE on my 'help'.....................

The FEDs need to learn and adopt that, IMHO.................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
All that minimum wages have ever accomplished is to get people laid off and raise prices.

AND..... buy votes.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My kids' friends dad (and by proxy our friends now) is the COO of a retail store chain frequently found in malls around the country. Every year the minimum wage increases in Colorado, Arkansas, Missouri until it reaches whatever minimum wage they were trying to get. He said every year that costs them an additional $200k in wages. Their solution was they immediately cut 20% of the workforce and reduced their hours from 2 shifts to 1 shift. How's that working out for those high school kids and others that never improved themselves to make more than minimum wage? Best case, they're now working fewer hours. Worst case, sorry, you're part of the 20% that just were cut.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
They are crazy, and see my sig line for the rest. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and increasing the minimum wage causes salary compression. Suddenly your worst employees are making more than your best ones. Those in turn demand a raise to keep up with the slackers. Endless cycle of financial disaster for business

Sam......

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Liberals have no clue how the market works. When you increase the minimum wage, you disproportionately hurt unskilled people.

I will not pay someone who has $7/hr skills $15/hr. I'll fire those people and hire people who bring more than $15/hr value to my company and pay them $15/hr.

Dumb liberals.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's also a big influx of Fed tax,SS,Med etc,,

Once businesses adjust pricing to accomodate the wage we are back to square one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Liberals have no clue how the market works. When you increase the minimum wage, you disproportionately hurt unskilled people.

I will not pay someone who has $7/hr skills $15/hr. I'll fire those people and hire people who bring more than $15/hr value to my company and pay them $15/hr.

Dumb liberals.

Ditto

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 02/23/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When kids in school do not learn about how capitalism works they never understand inflation or anything else that has to do with money. Our schools are more concerned with gender, feelings, fake racism, injustices, woke culture, global warming than they are in teaching reading, math, real history, civics. capitalism, geography and how money works.

So the kids think raising the minimum wage is a great idea. And vote democrap.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cheesy
My kids' friends dad (and by proxy our friends now) is the COO of a retail store chain frequently found in malls around the country. Every year the minimum wage increases in Colorado, Arkansas, Missouri until it reaches whatever minimum wage they were trying to get. He said every year that costs them an additional $200k in wages. Their solution was they immediately cut 20% of the workforce and reduced their hours from 2 shifts to 1 shift. How's that working out for those high school kids and others that never improved themselves to make more than minimum wage? Best case, they're now working fewer hours. Worst case, sorry, you're part of the 20% that just were cut.
correct ,.at the Big name factory i worked at (you know the company, they got plants all over ,) every time we got a Union contract negotiated raise ,the company would then lay off X- amount of workers to pay for everyone elses raise ,they just put the work from the laid off workers on to other workers ,they even told us they was doing this ,and did it everytime for years ,did not work out for us in the long run . which is exactly what companies would do ,plus growing up in W.Va everytime the union miners got a new contract with a raise ,as soon as contract was signed ,store owners would raise their price to get a cut of that raise ,..negating the raise ,heard lots of miners complain about that growing up, I wonder if bussness will do this also?

Last edited by rem shooter; 02/24/21.

NRA Life Member
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rem shooter
correct ,.at the Big name factory i worked at (you know the company, they got plants all over ,) every time we got a Union contract negotiated raise ,the company would then lay off X- amount of workers to pay for everyone elses raise ,they just put the work from the laid off workers on to other workers ,they even told us they was doing this ,and did it everytime for years ,did not work out for us in the long run . which is exactly what companies would do ,plus growing up in W.Va everytime the union miners got a new contract with a raise ,as soon as contract was signed ,store owners would raise their price to get a cut of that raise ,..negating the raise ,heard lots of miners complain about that growing up, I wonder if bussness will do this also?

And down goes quality as the number of eyes decreases and the time spent on each unit decreases until demand at that price point decreases and the rest of the dominoes start to fall..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by rem shooter

And down goes quality as the number of eyes decreases and the time spent on each unit decreases until demand at that price point decreases and the rest of the dominoes start to fall..

& eventually, the "Company" realizes that they are better off (financially) to import their product from some third world $hithole !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

680 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 11point, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 2,837 guests, and 1,388 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,472
Posts18,451,746
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.