Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by deflave
They're the same people that believe we can vaccinate colds.

I think cuck911 has a doodle. The few people I know that picked up doodle has serious health issues. Not much regulation of breed. Lots of puppy mills. I know of no reputable longterm breeders of doodles.

Stick with a well known breed with a good breeder who cares, with health certs. Just get a standard poodle from a reputable breeder.

Yes, that is affirmative

The Duck-of-Doodles

BP-B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
They are a ridiculous fad.
Neighbor two doors up has two. Dumbest dogs I have ever met. And for the record they both shed. I would never ruin a Lab by producing these mutts.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
What gets me is they sell these dogs of mixed breeds for outrageous prices.

Last time I knew a mixed breed was a purebred american cheesehound .
Aka: Mutt.

I havent had a purebred dog with papers since 2011 when my Black lab Sonja died.
I think Sonja had a mild case of doggy downes syndrome.
Narrower than normal eyes when compared to other labs.
Sweet dog.
But dumber than a bag of rocks.
At least she mastered house training at an early age and would go to the door for the I gotta go cue.
0 retention beyond a day or 2 in anything she was taught.
Had me seriously doubting my train a dog skills at times.
But then I got Cookie as a pup in 06 and he got everything fast with retention I ever taught him.

I still catch myself at slumlords calling his lab Sonja instead of Dixie every once in awhile.

Last edited by renegade50; 02/23/21.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Doodle dogs live on a strictly tofu diet, therefore they make excellent companions for many.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I have a golden-doodle. Best dog I've ever had.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s the 6.5 Creedmoor of dogs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RIP Reggie
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ex GF has a miniature Golden Doodle..incredibly smart little guy..
Hypoallergenic...

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by deflave
They're the same people that believe we can vaccinate colds.

I think cuck911 has a doodle. The few people I know that picked up doodle has serious health issues. Not much regulation of breed. Lots of puppy mills. I know of no reputable longterm breeders of doodles.

Stick with a well known breed with a good breeder who cares, with health certs. Just get a standard poodle from a reputable breeder.

When we were up there over summer I was stunned at how many were for sale in the Nickel's Worth often selling for $2 - 3K. The "breeders" source of income it appears.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I paid $600 for my Lab and he has a good bloodline. Totally non aggressive with anything or anybody. Always upbeat and happy.

He's about as good of a companion dog as you could ask for. It's no wonder to me that Labs have been the most popular breed for 25+ years.

I don't know why people will pay twice that amount for a Lab crossed with anything.

It's hard to improve on the original.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've had boxers since '96.
My last girl died November and my wife decided I was not completely sane without a dog so she went and got me a Golden doodle.
25% golden %75 poodle. Solid black.
She's 11 weeks old. Always through the night and it's house trained 90%.
Great little dog and I'm sure she's smart.
However, I still prefer square head dogs like boxers and bulls.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Honestly, I have nothing against any dog. the little "kick-its" aren't my thing. But I like about any normal-ish dog better then most humans! I too had a lab years ago. Hard headed and dumber then a sack of lag bolts. I've had better luck with mutts. I think any "pure breed" can get a little too pure as in, in-bread and stupid. Beagles got puppy milled pretty bad. My golden doodle is smart and has chosen the wife as his human. She calls him her "supervisor" as he is constantly by her side.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Wife bought one of these things. Bernedoodle. Bernese Mountain dog and poodle.

It's be a fun dog, but the grooming is pretty excessive. No shedding though, and a good disposition, which is nice since she's 85lbs.

[Linked Image from images.squarespace-cdn.com]

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I had a Weimaraner for 15 years that was super intelligent and a FANTASTIC dog. After she passed we ended up getting the kids an AussieDoodle. He’s 14 months old and has shown more intelligence than Weim ever did. He’s extremely intelligent, easy to train and is really good with the kids. All he wants is to be beside you. He rides the fork lift With my dad at the shop, will follow you all day if you are on the tractor, etc, etc. I’m currently training him to find whitetail sheds. Started the training at 6 months but stopped because he wasn’t really using his nose. Now that we’ve got that fixed he’s doing a pretty good job. I’m impressed.

Last edited by Joshm28; 02/23/21.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I have had a labradoodle for 8 years now. Best house dog I ever had. Well manered ( but very protective of our family ) and easily trained. Was great with the kids when they younger too.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Responsibly breeding a sound Lab, due to the breeds popularity and ubiquity, requires considerable investment in time and energy.
The sire and dam will have had their hips and elbows x-rayed prior to breeding, genetic tests for EIC, PRA, and CNM will have been done. Eyes checked for retinal detachment.
Then include training/travel for hunt and/or field trial titles.

You can bet these upper level dogs are not the ones being crossed with poodles to produce doodle-whateverthehell.

A well bred Lab pup starts around $1200 or so here. The neighbors I mentioned in an earlier post with doodle dogs spent $3k each on them and drove to Utah to get them. I hope they got what they wanted, but to me that is ridiculous.

As Bristoe said, "It's hard to improve on the original."

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
While hanging out at a local winery last year the owners were babysitting their miniature labradoodle. This dog was amazing, very smart and socialable; just a little sweetheart. I would have took her home in a minute.

I'm not home enough to have a dog but when I decide to get one a miniature labradoodle is what I'll be looking at. I will say that if it has a 2k price tag I'll take a pass.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by davet
Wife bought one of these things. Bernedoodle. Bernese Mountain dog and poodle.

It's be a fun dog, but the grooming is pretty excessive. No shedding though, and a good disposition, which is nice since she's 85lbs.

[Linked Image from images.squarespace-cdn.com]

Looks like she's smiling.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just to be clear, I'm not looking for a doodle anything. I'm really leaning toward a lab which would be my 4th of that breed but keeping an open mind*. Just noticed that ads for various doodles were approaching 50% of the total dogs for sale ads in the Zidaho classifieds and was curious about that.

* toying with the idea of a Brittany since they're a bit smaller than your average lab, or outside chance of a Border Collie. The border collie would be good since it could go get the groceries, do my taxes and stuff like that...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I was against the doodle dogs for a long time. Thought they were ridiculous and overpriced. Still think they are overpriced but besides our late German Shorthair, not sure you can beat them for a pet. Our 11 pounder is great at finding whitetail sheds and never leaves your side.

davet: awesome looking pup!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
134 members (2UP, 300_savage, 257 mag, 160user, 35, 10Glocks, 12 invisible), 1,805 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.