-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Back in the 80s there was a guy selling WW2 junk along the back wall at AgHall shows in Allentown PA who had a piece of rope complete with a letter of authenticity from Sargent Joe Bagadonuts (the supposed hangman) that it was from the actual rope that was used to hang Hermann Goering after the Nuremberg trials. He was trying to get a lot of $$ for it.

Funny thing... old Hermann killed himself in his cell before the sentence could be carried out.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Where are all the hot girls?"

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by RufusG
If gun shows did not exist they would have to be invented so that folks would have a venue to wear the t-shirts that are too f-ing stupid to wear anywhere else.

you've never been to a Nascar race have you

I ain't wearin' no t-shirt when I go to da races....

that' is sort fo the same

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Osprey Internatinal Tactical Scopes 12 table spread....

These are what the special forces use....

Snipah scopes.....

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those sketchy raffles too.

Not the legit VFW raffles. I like those.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steve4102
Years ago there was a guy that used to have quite a display of handguns at one of the shows around here.

Rumor was that he was quite wealthy and just traveled to gun shows as a hobby.

One year he had a Thompson sub on display, don’t know if it was a replica or not, with a BIG Sign saying DO NOT TOUCH.

Some guy didn’t think the sign applied to him, so he picked it up, then handed it to his son who was about 10-12 and the little guy dropped it on the concrete floor.

Never saw that seller at the gun shows ever again.

Guess he figured out that MN Liberals are to f*cken stupid to read, so it might be wise not to sell them any firearms.

He should have beat the father over the head with it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Would rather watch Antiques Roadshow.

I'm with ya there. Gun shows irritate.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by OGB
I remember when guns shows had guns. Now they seem like a junk shop swap meets, at least in my area.

I go on occasion because there are still some hidden gems but they are getting more rare.

Best line I heard was while checking out a fairly nice pre-cross bolt Marlin. Guy behind the table proudly declared it a pre-64. Kid you not.

I have seen that a few times.
Frighing rubes selling rifles....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've went to gunshows before and carried around a couple of guns I wanted to get rid of. If I needed to hit the head, my wife would stand outside and hold the firearms. No telling how many geezers would come up to her, thinking she was a divorcee or had kicked her old man out with a pc and was disposing of his guns...trying to lowball her.

Then there are all the guys who come up to your table and hand their bag of cheetos to their buddy so they can freaking handle your $3000 SAA...right after they had salt all over their hands. If I'm setting up at a show I always keep a microfiber towel and some RemOil around in case I don't catch one before they pick something up. No wonder there is so much "patina" on guns.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For certain it has been many years since I have gone to any of those big gun shows put on by the guys who do that for a living ("Crossroads of the West", etc.) but I always have enjoyed the small local gun club sponsored shows up in Reserve, NM, Silver City, NM and over in Springerville and Show Low. AZ. Lot of good used firearms at decent prices and guys willing to trade stuff, and plenty of local color.

A few years back I decided it was time to sell quite a number of rifles - I thought them to be nice - so I got a table at the nearest show as sponsored by a local shooter's club in Reserve, NM. First time experience for me. It was fun, and i had constant traffic because I was not the usual every-show vendor and most folks there had figured out I was selling only things I had owned and used for years. I sold every rifle and piece of reloading equipment taken to the show except a Win 1970s Alaskan in .375 H&H. Minimal haggling and maybe I priced them a bit too low. I do think folks like to purchase firearms from folks who know and have used/taken care of the guns.

I next went to the show in Springerville, AZ and sold some more - including the .375 H&H to a guy who "had to have it" - partly because it came with reloading dies, 40 good cases and two boxes of factory ammo. I saw him again later - he had gone to Kodiak and shot the Brown Bear I never had because my dear brother died before I could get back up there to his place.

I would go to some more small, local shows if the opp presented itself.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by OGB
I remember when guns shows had guns. Now they seem like a junk shop swap meets, at least in my area.

I go on occasion because there are still some hidden gems but they are getting more rare.

Best line I heard was while checking out a fairly nice pre-cross bolt Marlin. Guy behind the table proudly declared it a pre-64. Kid you not.

I'm constantly shocked at the lack of simple knowledge of some of the "gun peddlers". There's a crappy little LGS between home and work that I occasionally pop into "just in case". He had an 94 mauser (cock on closing) that was labled "98" mauser. I told him, discreetly, it wasn't a 98 and he just looked at me like I was stupid.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by OGB
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by OGB

I'm constantly shocked at the lack of simple knowledge of some of the "gun peddlers". There's a crappy little LGS between home and work that I occasionally pop into "just in case". He had an 94 mauser (cock on closing) that was labled "98" mauser. I told him, discreetly, it wasn't a 98 and he just looked at me like I was stupid.

You cant tell tackleberry gun pro,s anything.
Espeically at a local LGS.

Im kinda interested in the Glock G17 gen5,s
Done alotta google fu on em
Have handled a few.
Like the feel of the new designed trigger on em
DLC finish on the slide, Big plus in my eyes

Regular rifled barrel instead of the polygonal, supposed to be more accurate.

Had a 21 yr old friends and family hiring plan pro telling me they are exactly like previous gen glocks mechanically and design.

Told my bud the owner his employee needs ta spend some time
educating himself via smart phone on products in his spare time.

It was a glock blue label gun.
492 otd.
Like a fool I went back a week later.
Gone......

Oh well........

Last edited by renegade50; 02/23/21.
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Had a Gen 3 19 for years. When the Gen 4 came out I wasn't impressed enough to upgrade. Gen 5s however are meaningfully better, in my opinion. Had 2 until that darned boating accident!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The 19 gen 5 are nice also.
Kinda like feel of the bigger 17,s grip.
More purchase on it for my hand size.

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I'm with you. Mine were a 17 and a 45. Had the 17 milled for a red dot. I can see across the room fine but my arms have gotten too short for me to read! Pistol sights all appear to be covered in dryer lint these days.

Before the accident.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I used to hit the ones in up-state N.Y. alot in the 80's-90's picked up some good things,saw alot and learned alot from some very knowledgeable older guys,went to dinner with a couple of them and their wives with my girlfriend and had a really good time.But the shows changed,alot of flea market junk,beef jerky,hot sauces,etc. Bunch of guys selling that were liars,i picked up a 12,ga. Remington 1100 w slug barrel ,with permission, off the guys table,looked clean,he said he d fired it,it was very accurate with slugs..i asked,with permission,to take off the barrel,barrel was on super tight..i put my bandana on the floor,put the butt on bandana,pushed HARD on the barrel and undid magazine cap.pulled barrel.there was no gas system parts,no rings,no rubber o ring.just the sticker with arrow.i asked him how it could function with no gas system,he said it shot fine.he wanted $380.00 for it,i told him i d give him $280.00 because i d have to order the parts.i figured we d settle on $300.00 and i d get the parts form Brownell s,nope he wouldn t budge ,so i walked away,picked up a Senaca green nylon 66 instead.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
BULLSHlT and BO, people should bathe and be truthful/nice when engaged in our favorite hobby.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by srwshooter
jack mtn,so you were in harrisonburg?

Yeah. $9 for that is tough to swallow. At least yard sales are free which is basically what it was.

I was setup at the front door where came in. You should have been at the roanoke show last year when the pickle guys table collapsed. Pickles went 40 yards in every direction . Yeah, wasn’t much there . It was more like a fleamarket. I do it because it’s 25 min away

Last edited by srwshooter; 02/23/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every time I leave a gun show I have two recurring thoughts. First, I think "I can't believe I keep going to these things" and second, "If I ever need to sell a dozen firearms in a hurry, I'm renting a table at a gun show". Think about it. If you want to sell your firearms at reasonable, market values, the best place to list them is where your competition is advertised or listed way above market value.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OGB
Had a Gen 3 19 for years. When the Gen 4 came out I wasn't impressed enough to upgrade. Gen 5s however are meaningfully better, in my opinion. Had 2 until that darned boating accident!

I still like the gen 3 the best

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

281 members (160user, 2500HD, 163bc, 12344mag, 2UP, 28 invisible), 1,904 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,306
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.