Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
As they are available.. I need one more.

BCM phosphate $189
Toolcraft phosphate $144

Both seem to be the proper stuff. Either or?

Rubber City fancy melonite but bolt not Carpenter 158. $199.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
On this topic.

Springco 5 coil extractor spring is the go to? Keep or ditch the o-ring? SOLGW guy says trash them. What's the scoop?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The Toolcraft will be just fine...and I love BCM stuff. For a play gun, I have pretty much figured out any decent BCG is "good enough." I have been using the piss out of a cheap Melonite BCG from AIM Surplus for a few years and its been just as good as the "proper" BCGs I have.

I stopped using the O-Ring years back. I haven't taken the time to remove the ones I do have, but I dont put them in any more, and haven't had an issue as long as the 5-coil springs are used. The 5 coil Springco ought to be even betterer.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks.

Anyone have any info on Pamax Tactical? They have melonite 556 Carpenter 158 bolts, $50.

--- Kid Rock 2022

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
MB,

The general rules is to run either the insert or the 0-ring but not both unless you're running pistol gas.
And on rifle gas, you commonly need neither.

I really like the BCM stuff, but I have plenty of Tool Craft stuff that doesn't tool craft on the side and have had exactly zero issue with them.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 02/24/21.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You'll never know the difference between those 2 BCG's.

But all things being equal, I really prefer a nitrided or PVD coated bolt simply for the ease of cleaning the bolt stem if you shoot it much. Given a choice, mag phos is last on my preference list.

You can get a "BLEM" complete nitrided BCG from RCA for $130. And don't worry about the 9310 bolt...........RCA knows what they are doing & they make BCG's for OEM's, most notably, Noveske.

He says subject to availability or backorder, but they usually go out within a day or 2.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
You'll never know the difference between those 2 BCG's.

But all things being equal, I really prefer a nitrided or PVD coated bolt simply for the ease of cleaning the bolt stem if you shoot it much. Given a choice, mag phos is last on my preference list.

You can get a "BLEM" complete nitrided BCG from RCA for $130. And don't worry about the 9310 bolt...........RCA knows what they are doing & they make BCG's for OEM's, most notably, Noveske.

He says subject to availability or backorder, but they usually go out within a day or 2.

MM

^^^^^^^^^+

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You can get a "BLEM" complete nitrided BCG from RCA for $130.

Thanks for that. That's an insane deal considering general availability and what some quality bcgs are going for on GunBroker, for example.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RufusG
You can get a "BLEM" complete nitrided BCG from RCA for $130.

Thanks for that. That's an insane deal considering general availability and what some quality bcgs are going for on GunBroker, for example.

Rufus, I picked one up as a spare on MM's recommendation and it's very nicely done. The coating is impeccable. I don't know where the "blem" is, but it's not noticeable to me. He's obviously very picky about his work.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Great. RCA for another look. (ORDERED) I have 3 of the Toolcrafts, just like have another option of comparable quality. I have RCA 7.62x39 bolt and a carrier on backorder thru a vendor.

Ar15part.com has their Carpenter 158 bolt assembly on sale for $50... Shows 24 available. Fughme $18 for UPS!

Thanks guys.

For SaGs I will put this here.
Wanting to use a carbine buffer and not wanting to spend SBA3 money, I got this KAK Blade 2M... They're toolfree length adjustable but otherwise like the other Blades, simple and economical. Like.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And stupid Optics Planet finally came through with this.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 02/24/21.

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Great. RCA for another look. (ORDERED) I have 3 of the Toolcrafts, just like have another option of comparable quality. I have RCA 7.62x39 bolt and a carrier on backorder thru a vendor.

Ar15part.com has their Carpenter 158 bolt assembly on sale for $50... Shows 24 available. Fughme $18 for UPS!

Thanks guys.

For SaGs I will put this here.
Wanting to use a carbine buffer and not wanting to spend SBA3 money, I got this KAK Blade 2M... They're toolfree length adjustable but otherwise like the other Blades, simple and economical. Like.

And stupid Optics Planet finally came through with this.

I have that exact same barrel.
I'm very happy with it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
See, I listen..... LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Did I see previously that the Carpenter 158, Premium Bolt Assembly from Ar15part.com is AOK? (Purely securing for backup spare part purposes. Or might throw one in the PSA Pistol.)

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never done any business with them, but I'd take a chance on it, maybe replace the extractor spring. BCM springs or the Sprinco's are both very good & known performers.

For sure check the headspace with several barrels & also check firing pin protrusion with the FP's that you might use.

I have several spare bolts, the most recent one from Faxon for $52, but 9310, not C-158.

MM

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Looked on RCAs website for the blem 556 BCGs but couldn’t find it so I sent them an email. Is it on the web somewhere that I missed?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
We'll see what I get... BTW their site says both Carpenter 158 and 9310... Was a misprint from their BCG listing, per email, the bolt is Carpenter 158.

I am all set for five builds, 'cept one handguard, length tbd! Damn OCD.

https://www.ar15part.com/5-56-223-Bolt-Assembly-p/556b.htm

I will have a couple extra to part with to spit the shipping.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're not too worried about being very light weight, take a look at WOA's handguard's..........they are fairly new, very nicely finished & have a long nut for solid mounting.

I used several of them in the past year & the price is unbeatable at $140, but they only offer 2 lengths & is does require a special (& expensive) wrench.

If you want a pic, let me know & I can take one.

If you end up deciding to use one, I will loan you the wrench.

MM

WOA Handguards

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Looked on RCAs website for the blem 556 BCGs but couldn’t find it so I sent them an email. Is it on the web somewhere that I missed?

Out of stock

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad

Out of stock

It apparently always says that. But, guys say that they ship within a few days. A coating expert by all reports.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,660 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.