Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
STA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What meat grinder and sausage stuffer you all using to process your game? Thanks!

randy..
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
10ish+year old Cabelas 3/4 HP and a Weston 11# stuffer.

Grinder grinds as fast as my kids can feed it.

I wish my stuffer was bigger volume. Might solved that issue by trying to force some snack sticks and sprung something in the gear set. Haven’t dug into it yet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cabela's 1 hp and a sausage maker stuffer. For the fun of it I tried stuffing using the grinder, what a joke, threw those attachments away. Only use stand alone stuffer.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Lem #12 big bite 3/4 hp grinder does well and I use stuffing tubes off it.

I have a momentary foot switch to control my grinder when stuffing brats and don't see the need for a stuffer. Foot switch was $12 at harbor freight.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I stuff with a LEM stuffer and grind with a Cabelas grinder. Separate stuffer is good because you can do ground meat you buy, and it is very easy to clean. It also allows you to make chunkier meat. Running meat through the grinder twice really makes it fine, and that is OK if that is what is desired.
I also have a huge industrial grinder, and it is just too big for me. I never use it. I should sell that one to a hunting camp.

IC B2

STA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks I just got me a Weston #32 and a Hakka 11lb stuffer. Looks like I’ll need a meat mixer now...🤣

randy..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by STA
Thanks I just got me a Weston #32 and a Hakka 11lb stuffer. Looks like I’ll need a meat mixer now...🤣

Used a meat mixer, did not like all the clean up. Mix my seasonings with the meat run it through the grinder, mix a little , regrind good to go

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Terryk
I stuff with a LEM stuffer and grind with a Cabelas grinder. Separate stuffer is good because you can do ground meat you buy, and it is very easy to clean. It also allows you to make chunkier meat. Running meat through the grinder twice really makes it fine, and that is OK if that is what is desired.
I also have a huge industrial grinder, and it is just too big for me. I never use it. I should sell that one to a hunting camp.

My grinder came with a stuffing plate that has 3 large kidney shaped holes to minimize secondary cut making it too fine.

I haven't used it because run my meat through a second time with a 3/8 plate to cut the fat up and mix it better.

Your mileage may vary.

I also have a big old #32 neck Klien Kleen Cut grinder my dad bought from a meat market. Its a two man lift and the double reduction gears are so much quieter than the LEM. It sits un used because its too much to handle.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I dont like using the grinder to stuff casings. It emulsifies everything in to a grayish paste. I have since purchased the Hakka sausage stuffer from Amazon. Works a treat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
#8 cabelas grinder, 10 lb gander mtn stuffer. No meat mixer. Easier to mix by hand. Don’t buy a 5 lb stuffer, go atleast 10 lb. get metal stuffing tubes. Mix seasonings before grinding and grind once. Foot control on grinder is a must. Keeps you from overheating meat and less cleanup on the grinder because you are not smearing meat all over it turning it on and off.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Lem big bite grinder I think its a 1 hp. I have a Lem stuffer 5 lb. messed up there. It works great but I should have saved for a bigger one. Doing it again I would go minimum 15 lb. will probably upgrade.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Cheesy
10ish+year old Cabelas 3/4 HP and a Weston 11# stuffer.

Grinder grinds as fast as my kids can feed it.

I wish my stuffer was bigger volume. Might solved that issue by trying to force some snack sticks and sprung something in the gear set. Haven’t dug into it yet.

This, except my Weston stuffer is only 5lb capacity. If I had it to do,over again, I would get a stuffer with at least 10lb capacity.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by STA

#32! Don't get your arm in there!

Please review the Hakka for us.

Congratulations.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
One extremely important facet of sausage making is to maintain a very tight schedule of processing. At home one year, Warnie and Otto were doing fine until Otto inadvertently sat down in the grinder and they got a little behind in their work.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

599 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,197 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,304
Posts18,449,089
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.