O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O

Was it justified? Should the shooter be publicly identified? Yes- No

If justified why?

Last edited by oldtimer303; 02/23/21.

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
1. No
2. Yes

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
1. No
2. Yes

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What they said ^^

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You would think by now someone on the right would have named her killer...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Good luck with that!!!!!!!

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I think it's about time they admit to many of the lies that the media has been telling. For example the guy that was beat to death with a fire extinguisher. NEVER HAPPENED. Was never struck at all. Died the next day from a stroke according to family. At some point the media has got to be held to some standards of truth. I don't see that happening, far to many creatures in the swamp.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Nancy Pelosi needs to be publicly BLAMED for the shooting of an unarmed woman. No defense like a good offense. It was her show.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, definitely justified! If you don't want to be shot, don't be part of a massive mob rampaging through the capitol, breaking glass, busting through doors and trying to enter the secure area behind the house Chamber itself as representatives are being evacuated!

"Waaa! They should have pepper sprayed her! They should have used a taser!" as hundreds of rioters are swarming the building. The right wing became such humanitarians all of a sudden! Gimme a break!

POP!

And I notice suddenly no one else attempted to climb through after that. Seemed pretty effective.

No reason to identify the officer and plenty not to!

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Unarmed person shot for trying to get thru a broken window. Hmmm. Ya I would be totally terrified of her. She might unleash her fingernails on me. Yup kill her for sure. Your such a pussy gooses you probably would be scared enough to shoot her. You Knut. Edk

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

Was it justified? Should the shooter be publicly identified? Yes- No

If justified why?

1. Of course not.
2. Of course.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I think it's about time they admit to many of the lies that the media has been telling. For example the guy that was beat to death with a fire extinguisher. NEVER HAPPENED. Was never struck at all. Died the next day from a stroke according to family. At some point the media has got to be held to some standards of truth. I don't see that happening, far to many creatures in the swamp.

Liars.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/capitol...l&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-02-23-2

Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick’s Mother: ‘He Wasn’t Hit on the Head’ on Jan. 6

BY JACK PHILLIPS

February 23, 2021 Updated: February 23, 2021
FacebookTweetEmail
6160 Shares
942 Comments

The mother of Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick said her son was not beaten with a fire extinguisher by a mob on Jan. 6, saying he likely suffered a stroke instead—refuting reports from the New York Times and other outlets claiming otherwise.

“He wasn’t hit on the head, no. We think he had a stroke, but we don’t know anything for sure,” Gladys Sicknick told the Daily Mail in an exclusive interview on Feb. 22. “We’d love to know what happened.”

The NY Times, CNN, and NBC updated their reports weeks after the Jan. 6 breach to assert that Sicknick was not killed by a fire extinguisher. Originally, the NY Times reported, based on anonymous sources, that Sicknick was beaten to death.

According to the NY Times’ update in February, “New information has emerged regarding the death of the Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick that questions the initial cause of his death provided by officials close to the Capitol Police.” However, there were reports of new information emerging about the circumstances of Sicknick’s death around the same time the NY Times published its report on Jan. 8.

The allegation Sicknick was killed by a protester was cited during the House impeachment managers’ presentations and arguments that former President Donald Trump should be convicted in the Senate impeachment trial over his speech on Jan. 6. Since the Capitol breach, some pundits and elected officials have cited Sicknick’s death while pushing claims that new domestic terrorism laws are needed.

Sicknick’s brother also disputed the reports about his death in early January. “[Officer Sicknick] texted me last night and said, ‘I got pepper-sprayed twice,’ and he was in good shape,” his brother, Ken Sicknick, said to news outlets last month, appearing to dispute key details of the original NY Times report.

Medical examiners have not released an official report on Sicknick’s cause of death. An autopsy report also was not released.

MOST READ
Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick’s Mother: ‘He Wasn’t Hit on the Head’ on Jan. 6
Justice Thomas Issues Dissenting Opinion From Supreme Court in Election Case
Meanwhile, there have been no arrests related to the slain officer’s death, and officials have not released details about a potential suspect. And while the breach was captured via live-streaming video, there is no footage that surfaced of demonstrators hitting Sicknick with a fire extinguisher.

An official Capitol Police statement said that “officer Brian D. Sicknick passed away due to injuries sustained while on duty,” continuing to say, “Officer Sicknick was responding to the riots on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at the US Capitol and was injured while physically engaging with protesters. He returned to his division office and collapsed. He was taken to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.”

Investigative journalist Glenn Greenwald noted last week that Sicknick’s death was referenced so much because it is “the only example the media had of the pro-Trump mob deliberately killing anyone,” adding that “none of the other four deaths” during the riots “were at the hands of the protesters: the only other person killed with deliberate violence was a pro-Trump protester, Ashli Babbitt, unarmed when shot in the neck by a police officer at close range.” Two other protesters, according to officials, died of medical-related causes while another died allegedly due to a crush of fellow protesters.

RELATED
Kentucky Police Officer Fired for Allegedly Giving Officers' Information to Black Lives Matter Protesters
Kentucky Police Officer Fired for Allegedly Giving Officers' Information to Black Lives Matter Protesters

The Epoch Times has reached out to the U.S. Capitol Police for comment.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Goosey
Yes, definitely justified! If you don't want to be shot, don't be part of a massive mob rampaging through the capitol, breaking glass, busting through doors and trying to enter the secure area behind the house Chamber itself as representatives are being evacuated!

"Waaa! They should have pepper sprayed her! They should have used a taser!" as hundreds of rioters are swarming the building. The right wing became such humanitarians all of a sudden! Gimme a break!

POP!

And I notice suddenly no one else attempted to climb through after that. Seemed pretty effective.

No reason to identify the officer and plenty not to!

Go suck a bag of dicks you coward.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Absolutely NOT justified!
Yes, shooter should be named, indicted, and tried!
Word on the street is that it was David Bailey that fired the shot. Bailey was wounded at the softball practice along with Steve Scalise.
I've tried to pry that info from some of my Capitol Police shooting buddies....nobody will cough up a name, but none deny that it might have been Bailey , either. I get mixed reactions as to whether they thought it was a righteous shooting, too. The guys that have left the Capitol Police for the Air Marshal service, pretty much don't think Babbit should have been shot under the circumstances. The others won't commit to a hard stance.....basically covering for their own...to some degree. One is an ASSWHOLE.....

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

Only Babbit died of intentional violence, the rest were strokes, heart attacks, and a probable trampling.

No
Yes

Last edited by las; 02/24/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

Was it justified?

If justified why?

Trump praised LE efforts at the Capitol
calling them heroic true Americans.

So in his mind a good shoot.

I'd say he was much better briefed on the
matter than anyone here.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My non-professional take:
It was a legal shoot.

I wouldn't call it moral or right though.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Would anyone on here be arrested if they shot and killed an unarmed person coming through a broken window into their house ? I'm not defending Babbitt , she never should have been there. I personally think someone had to die to put blood on the hands of Trump. Watch the Video--- why did the police guarding the doors leave ?

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I cannot say until the investigation is over. To many unknowns, like ..... Who fired the shot. What item , area or human asset were they protecting. What is that agency's use of force policy? That information would allow me to try answer the key questions. We do not know and may not ever know what the facts of the incident are. know that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wldthg
Would anyone on here be arrested if they shot and killed an unarmed person coming through a broken window into their house ?

No they wouldn’t be arrested at all in our state. Perfectly legal to kill them. Does not matter if they are armed or not. You bust a window in a residence and try to climb through it in Oklahoma and you get what’s coming even if you are a white 14 year old choirboy. You are assumed to be there to cause bodily harm.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

388 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 49 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,001
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.