Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I really don't know where to put this post so I' thought I'd put it here.

I took my Teslong borescope out the other day to check the bore of that new 760 Carbine I picked up and was JB borepasting to bring it down to bare steel in prep for Dyna Bore Coat and noticed these 2 big black marks(circles) on my computer screen. It appears the mirror coating lifted on the mirror in 2 spots.

It worked but was annoying. Anyways I found their website on the internet, called and explained. The Customer Service Rep simply replied no problem, give me your name and address and I'll send you 2 new mirrors out this afternoon, the bore scope now comes with a 2 pack of mirrors he said.

3 business days and the package was in my mailbox, from across the country, California. Additionally, he gave me a 3rd mirror that has a slightly different angle, maybe 35 degrees instead of 45.

Excellent customer service from the phone call to the package at my mailbox. I try to let people know when a company gives good customer service most people I know only tend to complain when it's bad and say nothing when it's good.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never heard anything but good things about their CS. They seem to really want the business.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Good deal!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sure like mine. They're a genuine bargain.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
J
Good to hear that their customer service is solid!

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Haven't had to use their customer service, but I'm really happy with the unit. I bought their four mirror pack, which isn't expensive. It gives me an additional .22 mirror and three larger ones. They do help get a better look in the bigger bores.

Member:
NRA
Ohio Gun Collectors Association
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
I've had a similar experience. In fact, when my corded borescope failed, they sent me the rigid scope as a replacement. No issues at all.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

That’s good to hear!

I bought the 4 mirror set along with the bore scope, still haven’t decided which mirror I like best......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

That’s good to hear!

I bought the 4 mirror set along with the bore scope, still haven’t decided which mirror I like best......

I've found that moving the existing mirror backward on the threads (but not all the way off), brought the lens right into focus. I put a piece of scotch tape around the base to keep it from rotating inside the barrel as I manipulate the scope for a 12 oclock peek, or any other orientation for that matter.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Had a mirror go bad in a old style high dollar borescope in the past.
New mirror was FAR from free!

Best place to get a Teslong borescope?

Last edited by LouisB; 02/20/21. Reason: Ask question

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by LouisB

I got mine off of Amazon, I don't know if you can find them cheaper though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just contacted them about mine having problems. Suddenly the computer doesn't acknowledge it being plugged in, was sometimes a little touchy about it but now doesn't work at all. The light at the lens end comes on, but no "honk" by the computer when plugging in or unplugging it. We'll see how it goes. This is the semi-flexable probe model.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Sniggly

That’s good to hear!

I've found that moving the existing mirror backward on the threads (but not all the way off), brought the lens right into focus. I put a piece of scotch tape around the base to keep it from rotating inside the barrel as I manipulate the scope for a 12 oclock peek, or any other orientation for that matter.

Alpine crick, I have the 4 mirror set also, not expensive at all and well worth it in my opinion.

Sniggly, I discovered the same thing, and also discovered there is a small lock ring at the end of the mirror on the borescope, it looks like it's actually part of the mirror assembly, but it's not. Hold the very bottom of the mirror and turn the top of it and they separate, then you can lock it on at the position you want without tape.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Garry
Trump won !!!
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by wink_man
Originally Posted by Sniggly

That’s good to hear!

Alpine crick, I have the 4 mirror set also, not expensive at all and well worth it in my opinion.

Sniggly, I discovered the same thing, and also discovered there is a small lock ring at the end of the mirror on the borescope, it looks like it's actually part of the mirror assembly, but it's not. Hold the very bottom of the mirror and turn the top of it and they separate, then you can lock it on at the position you want without tape.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
,m

Wow! Thanks! - I'm at that age ya know, where I have to have the equivalent of a Hubble Scope snapped to the frames of my no longer effective readers just to see quarter sized things. I'll check it out.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

So that's what that lock ring is for! I almost lost it the first time I used the scope.............

I'm also still trying to figure out what the red lock ring is for on the 4 mirror set.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W

So that's what that lock ring is for! I almost lost it the first time I used the scope.............

I'm also still trying to figure out what the red lock ring is for on the 4 mirror set.

There was no lock ring with the 4 mirror set that I received. Perhaps the red lock ring is so you can see that there is a lock ring, because the silver one is easy to miss, especially with my old eyes?

Garry
Trump won !!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After a series of emails back and forth Teslong decided that mine was broken. They said their warranty was 18 months and that was up 2 weeks ago. Their "fix"? Buy a new one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ole_270
After a series of emails back and forth Teslong decided that mine was broken. They said their warranty was 18 months and that was up 2 weeks ago. Their "fix"? Buy a new one.

And how is that any different than paying 3-400 bucks for an electronic powder dispenser with a 1 year warranty that goes tits up at 13 months. Or the motor on your vehicle goes tits up 2 weeks after the warranty period?

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LouisB
Had a mirror go bad in a old style high dollar borescope in the past.
New mirror was FAR from free!

The UPS guy left one at my front door today. I'm liking this tool!

I bought mine from teslong website, free ups shipping. $70.

https://teslong.com/collections/rifle-borescopes/products/26inch-rigid-borescope

GOA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,109
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.