Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
He quit Wolfe and writing all together. Hes now pursuing an much more lucrative career in professional armwrestling.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, is there any way to get his past articles? (I guess I should have kept all those old mags)

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Magnum Bob,

Doubt he ever "takes the wife hunting." She grew up hunting, and knew how to hunt, shoot and otherwise deal with defunct big game very well. I know this from having hunted with Gail.

JB no condescension intended probably poor wording on my part what I meant is it's just like you and Eileen , you hunt together as partners and equals. I will miss his articles because the NRA will not get another dime of mine till wayne lp is gone. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I feel the same way about the NRA. Have been a Life Member for 30 years, but they quit sending me AR a couple years ago. Maybe it was eating into Wayne's clothing allowance. :-)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Wow, did you make them mad, I have been getting mine since ~86 and still get it. I did give them $100 2 years ago though.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Wow, did you make them mad, I have been getting mine since ~86 and still get it. I did give them $100 2 years ago though.

Not so free

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Just a Hunter,

I sent them at least $100 a year for decades.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I feel the same way about the NRA. Have been a Life Member for 30 years, but they quit sending me AR a couple years ago. Maybe it was eating into Wayne's clothing allowance. :-)

MD, I've been sending a note back to them in their postage-paid envelopes telling them that I will never donate another penny until Wayne and his cronies are gone. Where is someone like Harlon when we need him so badly?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
He quit Wolfe and writing all together. Hes now pursuing an much more lucrative career in professional armwrestling.

That right there is funny.

I’ve always like JH’s writing because it’s real.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by model70man

MD, I've been sending a note back to them in their postage-paid envelopes telling them that I will never donate another penny until Wayne and his cronies are gone. Where is someone like Harlon when we need him so badly?

Benefactor member here. After the WLP revelations, I cut them off. No longer add a donation to Midway orders.

If WLP was really concerned about the NRA, he’d resign.

Don’t see that happening. Maybe when they perp walk him out of the building in cuffs.

The Board needs to run the organization, hiring staff including the CEO. And members need to elected the board.

It’s my understanding it’s all run from the top down, which is a flawed organizational model.

Not many checks and balances. Well, maybe checks (evidently lots of them going out the door) without balance or accountability.

DF

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Have to agree with Dirtfarmer!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Don't sugar-coat it John, tell us how you really feel!

I hear you,
Rex

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by TRexF16

Don't sugar-coat it John, tell us how you really feel!

I hear you,
Rex

Brutally honest and spot on. I appreciate that, as we all do.

I became a Life Member when it was $100. I picked up pecans, worked for that money, over 50 yrs ago.

IMO, NRA cleans house, gets its act together or fades into irrelevance.

DF

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
2nd Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America have been getting money from me lately.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by shootinurse
2nd Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America have been getting money from me lately.

Other groups will emerge. I wonder if any one of them will ever have the mass and power the NRA once enjoyed before greed set in.

Destruction from within, sorta like our great country. No adversary had a chance, we doing it to ourselves, greed still the driving force. Swamp greed.

Sad day.

DF

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by shootinurse

Other groups will emerge. I wonder if any one of them will ever have the mass and power the NRA once enjoyed before greed set in.

Destruction from within, sorta like our great country. No adversary had a chance, we doing it to ourselves, greed still the driving force. Swamp greed.

Sad day.

DF

Nailed it

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really enjoyed John Haviland’s familiarity and affinity for the 7mm08 - his writings are part of what led me to buy one. Now I won’t be without one in the stable.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

If WLP was really concerned about the NRA, he’d resign.

I have said the same thing many times over. Surely he knows the members have long since lost confidence in him.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The NRA is a reflection of the deep swamp - WLP is in power because of the Board who is supposed to oversee him. They are the ones failing to do their job properly, the Board is as much of the problem as WLP.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Spot on Drover!!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugemag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,654
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.