-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
in the last 60 years of hunting i have done the full circle . wish i had all the money i spent on the newest Gucci hunting aid. I started out with a Springfield Trapdoor 45/70 loaded with bp. this year i used a muzzleloader.
guess i went more then full circle. if i get to the place i couldn't track and find my game before and after the shot i will stay out of the woods.
closest thing i carry to high tech is a compass if i am in unfamiliar ground. i bow hunted for 30 years and never once lost a deer/elk/bear or wolf. never needed a drone though i think one would be fun .
just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited by deerstalker; 12/23/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OregonCoot
I suspect the ethically challenged will use "recovery" as a pretext for scouting.

The state of WI has already proven the OP to be ethically-challenged. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Going to take a long time to recoup that investment.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good morning all;
Since this is to no one in particular, I'll wish you all Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year as a generic yet heart felt salutation.

Out on the coast of BC where our youngest daughter lives, the Search and Rescue folks have used drones a few times to find snow boarders who've gone out of bounds. As I recall from one news item on it, the drones are cheaper than a helicopter and can fly in some weather that it'd be unsafe to send up humans in.

That said, for anyone reading this up here in BC, since 2016 this has been the provincial opinion on drone use for hunting.

"The Province has strengthened regulations to ensure that hunters do not use flying drones to help them track wildlife, Minister of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations Steve Thomson announced today.

The Province amended the Wildlife Act hunting regulation, making it illegal for people to operate or possess a drone, or use data obtained by a drone, while on a hunting or trapping expedition. It is also now illegal for a third party to use a drone to help a hunter or trapper.

Before the change, Section 27 of the Wildlife Act made it illegal to use a helicopter to hunt in British Columbia, although the Province contended that drones were a kind of helicopter. The minimum fine for hunting with a helicopter or drone is $2,500 – although a first conviction could cost a hunter $250,000 and up to two years in jail."

That all said then, even though the good folks in Letterkenny are across the country in Ontario, for us here in BC it would be.

[Linked Image from memegenerator.net]

Again, Merry Christmas to each and every one of you and all the best in 2021.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, I just figured out what my 2021 New Years resolution will be:

"Be more like BC30cal."

Merry Christmas, Dwayne!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
smokepole;
Good morning to you sir, thanks for the kind words in your reply.

I appreciate it and will do my best to deserve them for sure.

We're cold here this morning, but were just watching the veritable herds of California Quail heading over to the next door neighbor's feeding station as well as 2 mulie fawns and a mulie heifer with a really bad limp who hangs out with them.

She's been hopping around on 3 legs since July - it's the right rear that's out of alignment - but so far she's still with us and since there's a couple of us who thin the local coyotes out, if she stays local she just might make spring.

Anyways sir, all that report to say that while the year's been absolutely trying and in fact heartbreaking on a few personal levels, the fact that I'm still on this side of the grass - snow covered as it is this morning - is an indication that I need to be thankful for what I've got.

Thanks very much again, it was kind of you to say so, Merry Christmas to you and yours and the very best in 2021 to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Wow! what a year. And this thread. LOL approaching 5 pages, 71 posts, more than 4,600 views. WOW! You guys are super fans. You rock. Being able you get you to behave as I wish is freaking awesome. Just another thread that is again one of the most visited and commented on in the bowhunting section in 2020. But none of this would be possible without you doing exactly as I wish. Looking forward to more of the same in 2021.

Last night we had a snow storm so after cleaning it up I did a little more drone practice to perfect flying for this new venture and because it was windy at 20 MPH and only 30 F and I wanted to see the drain time on a battery in those conditions. As luck would have it I spotted a deer (they sure are easy to see in the fresh snow) so I switched over to thermal mode. My lovely bride even made it out with me (bum knee and crutch and all)

Despite what you may have been lead to believe, 2020 was truly a great year. It was one of my best. Lots a great animals taken with a bow, Great trips to other states with bow in hand, the bowhunting business had a record breaking year, Ive started some new ventures, and we welcomed a couple new grand babies. If you have been following along this year (and we both know you have) you have seen that 2020 was a fantastic year for this adventure bowhunter.

Sadly, Not-for-profit hunting orgs took it pretty hard this year and could not do their usual, in-person fund raising so they took a revenue loss. Because we had such a stellar year, I opted to spread the joy by leaving tens of thousands of things in the stockings of Pope and Young, The Wisconsin Bowhunters Assoc., Wisconsin Traditional Archers, The Wisconsin Bowhunting Heritage Foundation Museum. A few press releases from them will come out soon, detailing it all. Everybody was a winner this year. The sport of bowhunting has been pretty good to this adventure bowhunter so giving back just seemed right.

The 2020 archery season here in WI still has a lot of time left and while my buck tag is punched with a nice 10 pointer, I still have many suburban antlerless tags I can fill. Im hoping to get some prototype ferules in for the new broadhead I'm designing and if time allows, I hope to take another deer with a homemade broadhead.

I found time to make the first set of blades for project "H".

I know many of you did not have very good year. Your sour and pouty and whining posts and lack of any bowhunting harvest pics made it pretty clear. Here's to wishing you better fortune in 2021. Try to change things up this year. Get away from the keyboard. Get outside for a change, give bowhunting try (or more of a try than you have been) PM with any bowhunting questions you may have. Im here to help you out.

2021 looks to be another great year with more great adventure bowhunts and product testing that you will get to share in (for many here it will be a close to actual bowhunting as you will get)

Wishing you and yours a better 2021

Your pal
The Adventure Bowhunter

P.S. Now this is where I can get you do as I please. (you have been patterned) I can own and control your emotions and make you flip out and make you post jealous and pouty replies at my command. Ready, set............................. go. hahahahahaha (too easy . Even after I tell you that Im able to control you you still willingly comply with my directives). Good sheep.

And remember, I NEVER treat people "good" or "bad". I always treat them "accordingly". You are being treated accordingly. Always remember that.

So here is looking forward to 2021. I will create interesting bowhunting topics. You will flock to them like a moth to a flame. You will get jealous, pouty and whine and complain. You will feel inadequate and you will lash out.. I will kick you in the tiny plums. You will gladly line up to be kicked in the plums by me over and over and over because you cant control yourself. ITS FREAKING AWESOME and you let me do it over and over.! You know this to be true. You cannot deny this simple truth. You guys entertain me. Thank you. grin

Last edited by sharp_things; 12/31/20.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
If you represent bowhunting, I have no desire to every try it. If you represent bowhunters then I guess I should think that all of you are arrogant, poaching [bleep]. Don't try and deny it, you got busted. Is this the "legacy" you strive for?

Why would I ever ask you for bowhunting advice? I wouldn't. I'd ask Merritt Compton. Ever heard of him? Probably not, since he is somebody and you are who again? The guy that "invented" the man vagina for fat guys who can't dress correctly for the weather?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Isn 't this the same Clown Show that was testing a GPS tracker on an arrow?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The OP needs to change his sig line to Adventure Buffet Hunter. This guy is a joke.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wondered where Safariman had gone to roost .

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by sharp_things
Being able you get you to behave as I wish is freaking awesome.

Well OK but I find it strange that you wish for everyone on the forum to keep telling you you're a douche.

To each his own I guess.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once they are in the air over our happy hunting grounds they will, will, be used for scoutin' and spottin'.
So lets have another side license for the drones, bird shot only of course.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is the anthesis of hunting. If you need a drone to recover an animal please sell all your gear and take up bowling.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There are no real bowhunters in here. Real bowhunters use drones.

You Pal,

The Adventure Dronehunter

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
This is the anthesis of hunting. If you need a drone to recover an animal please sell all your gear and take up bowling.

Bowling is much too strenuous. Become an "adventure bowhunter."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Glanced at the video that said the drone was way faster than a tracking dog.

I've had one for 5 plus years now. Lets just say in the time it took to find the deer in the video our Dog would have been standing over it quite some time as we often have to run with him as I run him only on a check cord. Never free.

Does it work? Yep. I'll give you that.

I'll also say whoever shot that video is a true newbie to FLIR. You dont' waste time looking at bunnies and you have to keep moving and changing angles. If you don't see heat you move. You aren't going to see heat sitting still. I"ve done FLIR for years now.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How would it do on an ass shot bear?

Asking for Urber Claiborne.

Grins

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Beaver10
How would it do on an ass shot bear?

It would be right up there with a big-ass winch and three miles of Kevlar cable.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
WOW! over 7000 views in the sort time this thread has been up. One of the most viewed threads in the bowhunting area in a long time. Thanks to all the loyal followers. Fans are the best.

Ive been focused on a lot of diff bowhunting ventures of late but know you were waiting for an update. ITs your lucky day.

Ive been designing and making lighting options for this drone since no viable lighting option exists at this time. Here are some video you will enjoy explaining how I solved this problem.

This had bowhunting carcass recovery potential as well but currently is being sought after as a search and rescue asset that can partner with the thermal capabilities of my drone.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (007FJ, 163bc, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,888 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,454,007
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.