G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Geno,
Just asked similar on the new thread.
I think Tzone, Rooster7, Northern Dave & a bunch of other nth Minnesotans interacted with him.
Seem to recall him meeting Flave at a gathering in MN too !

I have met gopher in MN.

But it was only an hour or so meet and greet with a handful of other Minnesotan’s.

I saw nothing wrong with any of them. By Minnesotan standards.

I remember that event and I missed it. I had my sister coming into town that day and it was total chaos. I really wish now I would've gone. MN ain't all retards.

I regret it.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

I remember that event and I missed it. I had my sister coming into town that day and it was total chaos. I really wish now I would've gone. MN ain't all retards.

I regret it.

You sound like Gruff.

Always putting family before Flave.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I regret it.

You sound like Gruff.

I know better now. Family sucks.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I regret it.

You sound like Gruff.

I know better now. Family sucks.

That bar we met at was great too.

The VFW in Blaine. Walking distance from my in-laws. (I drove anyway)

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord

Mfer is unhinged. Big tough guy behind the scenes

LMAO

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Bazinga.....

Tied in with this threads revelations.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow!
Read path of this before work, checked in to see if there was
news about how his thing went today.

Then I got to KG's big post.

So now in know GG's "thing" got knocked in the dirt.

Guessing we won't be getting a report back about the medical thing?

One last test of his mettle maybe.
If he has the stones of Safariman, we will get pics of his wife.
And a SOB story about his health, and what we can do to help him out.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
To be serious, I hope good friend Jeff is well!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
is it in bad form to mention my house burnt down this afternoon? typing from library. heres the start of my list

pre-64 win 70 fw, prefer 270. 130 corelokts if its not too much to ask
columbia jacket & bibs 52 long
shneels pacs, size 14w
buttout tool
stormy kromer orange size 9 1/4
kidney
bipod for charger
5000 feet mule tape and winch

i'll think of more

My diploma is a DD214
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by rem141r
is it in bad form to mention my house burnt down this afternoon. typing from library. heres the start of my list

shneels pacs, size 14w
buttout tool
kidney
bipod for charger

i'll think of more

LOL

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
[quote=Valsdad

Does anyone on this forum personally know the gophergunner dude?

[/quote]

He and his brother have a deer camp not far from me. I met him and his son a couple of times when they came to camp. The first time (10-12 years ago) was at a restaurant and then at my house. Just a typical afternoon BS session on the day before deer season. Second time was at their camp for about an hour after supper. After that, mostly just the occasional PM or email but again, the typical 'How's the family?, Are you going to make it to Pa. for deer season? type stuff.

No red flags, no weird stuff.

Dale

This space for rent

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
is it in bad form to mention my house burnt down this afternoon? typing from library. heres the start of my list

shneels pacs, size 14w
buttout tool
kidney
bipod for charger

i'll think of more

pm me your addy....buttout will be in the mail tomorrow!

P,S. Could you use a nib Sharps rifle?

Last edited by AKCHOPPER; 02/24/21.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Dale.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

shneels pacs, size 14w
buttout tool
kidney
bipod for charger

i'll think of more

Holy schmoly!

9 1/4 head size?

Dude!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Neighbors hamster passed away...

He could really use some small rifle primers. Benchrest preferred.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So..was Bills wife Lori...or Laurie...or did they exist at all??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
- - - - - Does anyone on this forum personally know the gophergunner dude? - - - - - -
My earlier post to him about his health concerns was "personal" based on one face-to-face experience a number of years ago. As I sometimes do when in the area where one of our steady Campfire guys lives, I contacted him by PM when I knew I would be within 50 miles or so. After a day of doctoring at the Mayo Clinic, I drove north and met him for dinner. It was nice conversation about families, things on the Campfire, his work (optical services, I think), etc. Seemed to be a nice gentleman, family oriented and with some health issues at that time. The stuff now running in this thread is surprising - even jolting. Nonetheless, if he has as many health problems as noted, my earlier comments to him stand.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I haven't been on here lately guys. I"ve been pretty sick. Back issues, bladder issues, a non malignant kidney tumor and a bacterial infection in my bloodstream. I go into surgery to remove my pacemaker Wededday. The bacterial infection has affected the lead which goes to my heart. It's a serious, touchy surgery. Lots of other work in my future after this.

Should things not go well. I just want you guys to know how much I"ve enjoyed my time here There"s some darned good folks in here. Keep the fire burning boys. I'll see you on the other side.

Gopher, I'm sorry to not catch your prayer request when you posted. I hope all is going better now and will keep you in prayer. It sounds like you are going through more than most any of us, so it reminds me of Job.
When I pray through the Psalms, that usually helps.
Take care,

HC
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Acts-Chapter-4/

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

shneels pacs, size 14w
buttout tool
kidney
bipod for charger

i'll think of more

You managed to save the Charger, Good choice!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labΓ© skΓ½la

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Gentlemen,

Skilled hustlers know to work the same crowd only once. Cheats, frauds and con-men who break that cardinal rule run great risk of getting sloppy and eventually slipping up. As we all know, one often needs to tell five lies for every initial one, and so on. Ultimately it gets to be all but impossible in an elaborate lie to keep a story 100% consistent. This is especially true with amateurs like GG who are so supremely convinced of their flawless scam technique and will never get caught that they greedily return to the well for more and start making the tale more complex/elaborate. Problem with that is, bread crumb trails and other signs that others can follow are eventually left. Good catch on the multiple spellings of phantom Bill's wife BTW, PAHick. I missed that little clue.

GG's own words here and in particular in offline correspondences were ultimately his undoing as they related to me. I just had to take a close look at the sign and ask the right questions. The little stuff can be that which hangs people, and that was the case here. Note that after I knew what had happened I started posting very specific, yet 'innocent' questions looking for details and updates. He took the bait back then, and at some point soon after I knew I had him.

Consider things he wrote such as, "I just took a sucker punch", from the very first line of the original scam post. Would anyone with a friend who'd just had a home lost in a fire write those words? No. They'd write, "My *friend* took a real sucker punch". It wasn't until I really began looking at the details and his words that the ugly truth became so clear. I then got pretty enraged at what he'd done, but also as much furious at myself for not seeing it right off the bat. Some inconsistent details were found in nuances, but more became glaring as time went on and our hero just couldn't shut his trap, as he wanted more.

In the initial post he wrote that his buddy had his home burn down on the *weekend*. Ten months later, the fire had occurred on "*Thanksgiving Day*". If you had a friend who'd been burned out, reflecting back, you'd naturally say something like, "yes, so terrible having my friend lose everything, but even more tragic that it happened on TGD...", right? That didn't happen in the first go round of his fairy tale. It was 'last weekend'. I'm pretty sure that TGD doesn't land on a Saturday or Sunday...

I just lost a several page long post detailing how I ended up outing him, but lost the damned thing and don't have it in me to re-write it. I did want to share a couple of points before walking away from this dumpster fire. First, this was a scam, pure and simple and the man is a fraud. I proved that behind the scenes, and he knew I had him. Which is why ten months later my Winchester arrived back here to me. Not before he'd MODIFIED it though, and cut one of the barrels I sent and added sights to it, BTW. Wait, what the? Is that something ANYONE would do with a gun gifted for a friend? Start chopping inches off the barrel and 'customizing' it for the OTHER GUY?

Today, in hindsight, I should've outed him to the group those years ago when I figured it out, rather than keeping it to myself and sharing the details with only friends. At the time he'd stopped appealing for more things or adding more lies, and I'd made it clear that should he ever try to rip anyone off again here I'd make certain to revisit this scam of his and expose him, with proof. The truth is, I guess part of me stopped short of exposing him publicly back then because I wanted to forget that I'd been had by such a clumsy crook. My pride took a hit. Hell, I'm a sharp big city boy, who's seen untold scams and cons from a young age and can spot them a mile off. Used to laugh at tourists losing at 3 card monty and nutshell games in the park at ten years old. Never would *I* be one of the suckers out there! Well, egg on my face because I originally got beat by him too.

One never knows with a sociopath, but my guess and sincere hope is that after this he never shows his face here again. Those continuing to support him are maybe to be admired for sticking by a 'friend', but you're all being played, even now. But your choice, of course. I've said my piece.

Thank you to those, friends and cyber-friends alike, who took up for me and vouched for my integrity, BTW. I'm neither a liar nor a cheat and things like honesty, honor and my good name are very important to me. By the same token, I'd NEVER try to disgrace or sully a man's name if I didn't know with absolute certainty of bad conduct and guilt. GG is a bad player and should be avoided, and indeed shunned, at all costs.

GG wrote something like, "see you on the other side" in his OP above, from a few days ago. I doubt he'll even be in the same room with any of the good folks here, at least not initially, on any other side. If he and I do ever find ourselves in the same room though, in this world, he'll easily recognize me. I'll be the guy strolling up with a big smile and maybe sporting a set of knucks on my right hand.

Cheers,

KG

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You're intuition is superlative.

Page 10 of 30 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,052
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.