Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
Why do Canadian tire store employees carry handcuffs?

WTF

That's what I was wondering.
I didn't see a shield either.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe come back after closing time with a jerry jug and a road flare.

Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Kinda hard to hold someone in a headlock and hold your guts in at the same time...

Yup. Or remain standing when one of your hamstrings are cut to the bone.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by cra1948
I am in Missouri for a few days...family emergency. Anyway, a little different here than Charleston. They are full-court, mask everywhere there. Here in Missouri, they have mask signs on the doors, but it’s very live and let live. Funny thing, stopped at Walmart and, as always when I’ve been here, a few people with masks, most without...but I’ve always been there in the afternoon. Stopped in this morning to get a couple of things for my son, I was the only one in the store, I think, without a mask. A whole different crowd in the morning. Of course, no one said anything...people tend to be very polite and respectful in these constitutional carry states.

Thats cause the inconsiderate maskless a_holes don't get up before noon.

Charlie,

do you believe that underwear will contain a fart??

Quien Sabe,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya

I do not wear a mask.

I tell folks that being a 100% peaceful protester, I am exempt from mask wearing.

When asked, I take off my cap/hat and say: until I can walk into my barber shop without a mask, I'm not shaving or cutting my hair. I am protesting that.

If then I'm told I have to wear a mask, I pull out some long green and say, It's your choice. I can spend my money here or somewhere masks are not required. Works most of the time.

I do carry pepper spray and a Sig P365.

So far, have not had to emply either

Ya!

GWB

Makes sense.
I might post another option one of these days too, kinda like that . It has to do with having a health condition.

Btw, the Sig seems sweet. I don't have one yet, but the xl is on my santa list.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
How do you know he's not just a garden variety shoplifter?

The only thing we know is what we see and the written report. The rest is speculation I think. If he were shoplifting, that would put it in a totally different perspective.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
Ain't my business. I'll get my car and go elsewhere.

Choices have consequences.

Same, but I'm not sure if they were going to let him do that or not. Most employee/ managers would point to the door. Hands on is a big no no for corporate policies.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Sounds more like typical narcissistic attention-getting behavior.

Some of these vids don't start until things escalate.. I wish it had more of what led up to it.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Mob mentality raises its ugly head once again.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Makes sense.
I might post another option one of these days too, kinda like that . It has to do with having a health condition.

I've carried daily since 1991. Have employed a number of different pistolas.

My daily carry now is exclusively the Sig 365. I have 10, 12 and 16 round mags.

I shoot the Sig P365 as accurately as any full size or compact pistol that I own.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

8 rounds at 10 yds

I've over 2,000 round thru this Sig and have not yet to experience a failure to feed.

You might say I trust it with my life!

ya!

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Spit on them and tell them you just can from the China flu ward.

For whatever reason it doesn't look like they're worried about the 6' rule does it?
The other day I was reading about the wrestling matches requiring kids to wear masks until they shake and grapple.
Maybe the bug doesn't travel with physical contact...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mask wearing in my area is no big deal...most people don't and half the ones that do are below the nose and chin.
I don't wear a mask it should be a personal choice. I carry so it might turn into a bad day for the attacker if they try and jump me.Think i'm going to buy some pepper spray also wouldn't be a bad idea.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've been told once after getting inside to wear a mask, the gun store no less. I told the guy I was not participating and turned to leave. He stayed behind the counter. Good idea for him as I was on my way out of the store. He'd have been wrong to stop me, I think. These guys were way over the top.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya

Makes sense.

I've carried daily since 1991. Have employed a number of different pistolas.

My daily carry now is exclusively the Sig 365. I have 10, 12 and 16 round mags.

I shoot the Sig P365 as accurately as any full size or compact pistol that I own.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

8 rounds at 10 yds

I've over 2,000 round thru this Sig and have not yet to experience a failure to feed.

You might say I trust it with my life!

ya!

GWB

That's awesome. Do you attribute that to ergonomics?
I like a couple of the P series for that reason.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
CAN A DUH! That will cost the maskless man! The little [bleep] running Canada would be proud!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The video starts where they surround him.
That cornering him with no way out.
I heard something about a mask.
After a few seconds, they lay hands on him.....that would be possibly 5 years if he were LEO in some states.
Non LEOs have been known to carry cuffs, but it's rare.
For some reason one did.
The guy in the choke hold said you aren't police while they were trying to cuff him.

I think it was probably prudent for him to ask for someone to record it. That's all he's got when they get their story together before police arrive to put him in the cage for " attacking the employees."..or whatever they'll decide to say.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 02/24/21.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I do most of my business in Oregon. The State of Oregon will shut down a business if they do not enforce mask mandates.

They are even using OROSHA to do the dirty work, claiming that allowing an unmasked individual into the store puts the workers at risk.

I have enough respect for the proprietors of the business that I will not take an action which will put their business at risk. There for I do wear a mask when entering a business in Oregon.

In a free state, I leave the mask in the car. No one in Idaho even notices, until you get into liberal hell of Boise.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

That's awesome. Do you attribute that to ergonomics?
I like a couple of the P series for that reason.

Sir,

I could not give you a definitive answer in that regard.

Although I own numerous pistols, I am not a Pistolero.

I carry sidearm as a last resort to stop. Thankfully in 31 years of carry I've not had to do more than show my weapon. Other than that I use it to put down critters.

I have owned numerous revolvers and semi autos.

Started with Colt Mustang in 380 circa 1990.

Next was the Taurus 92 in 9mm in 1991.

Followed up with the Glock 36, until I got charged by a hog and I put 7 in his head. He dropped at my feet. My chamber was empty.

I figured no more Mr. Nice Guy and got a Glock 20 SF.

I like Glocks 'cause they work.

Next I tried the Kimber Solo in 9mm. It was very particular about what it was fed. I will not carry a pistol that ever jams on me.

For several years I carried the Glock 43 and it was very reliable.

When the Sig P365 came out I liked the fact that, IIRC, it came with both a 10 and 12 round magazine. Soon after a 16 round mag was available, which was double the capacity +2, of the Glock 43.

Factory Glock triggers are nothing to write home about, and after shooting the Sig for a bit, I was sold.

I've a Sig 1911 Emperor Scorpion in 45 ACP which is my favorite, but being short, fat and 70 years old with old man's butt, It pulls my pants down. I sometimes forget I'm carrying the Sig with a 12 round mag, and with a 12 round mag, it does not "print".

Anywho, if you decide on the Sig P365, I do not think you will be disappointed.

Ya!

GWB

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No shoes no shirt no service.
What you say what you do?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
So scared of his possible pathogens that they had to tackle him en mass and wrestle him to the ground. Absolutely ensuring massive transfer of any virus he might be carrying.

Typical "logic of the left"

This.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The twitter guy who OPd wrote that he was going to interview this guy, so maybe we'll get more details from his POV. Hopefully by the end of the week we'll find out more.

Just from where it began, there's no good reason to do anything to prevent the customer from leaving and some companies will even say let shoplifters go, but get a description and plates. No reason to believe that happened, but anyway some people are taking the Covid mask thing WAY too seriously.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
186 members (257 roberts, 12344mag, 257robertsimp, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 18 invisible), 1,857 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,787
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.