Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Did Leupold stop making the FXII 4X and the 6x36?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are still a few around:

Cameraland FXII 6X36

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs

We have the Leupold FX-II 6x36mm Matte - Wide Duplex in stock and on sale for $299.99

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Great scope at a deal deal price!!!

IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P

We have the Leupold FX-II 6x36mm Matte - Wide Duplex in stock and on sale for $299.99
[/quote]
[quote=gr8fuldoug]

Just ordered 2.....one on Mon for my new Henry Single Shot and then one more today for something TBD. And both shipped same day. Assuming when these are gone they’re gone......Thanks Doug.

Last edited by Paul_C; 02/23/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don’t matter if you have them, the answer to the question is “yes” to the ones you mentioned

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 02/24/21.
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Does Leupold have any intention of “carving out their own niche” (classic styled scopes, fixed powers, etc.), or are they just gonna try and compete with Vortex and “every other China import optic company”, now???

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Does Leupold have any intention of “carving out their own niche” (classic styled scopes, fixed powers, etc.), or are they just gonna try and compete with Vortex and “every other China import optic company”, now???

Leupold is also an import company and has been in the past. They also have product and components from China and Japan and probably other places in Asia. Theyre just as much an import company as anyone else.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

How many of these do you have left?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If people were buying them, they’d still be making them.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Guess what? Next scope thing to disappear will probably be the one inch tube. I hope that doesn't happen 'till after I'm dead. RJ

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If people were buying them, they’d still be making them.

Exactly

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
IMHO Leupold is making some dumbass decisions. I sent them an email to the that effect. No response.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
They have the tooling. Why not just make less quantities or make them special order?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by easttex
IMHO Leupold is making some dumbass decisions. I sent them an email to the that effect. No response.

Which decisions are you referring to?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by jwp475

I think there’s a difference between “keeping up with the times” and “chasing fads”. I’m concerned that Leupold DOESN’T know the difference.

Maybe a company can make some lightweight “classic” scopes (and OWN that market) while ALSO trying to develop product for the guys who like to twist turrets, rather than going “all in” on the tactical vibe, and relegate an entire market share to trying to find used stuff on eBay and Gunbroker...

Weaver and Nikon have not been shut down that long. That’s more market share available to Leupold, if they don’t jump the gun, and start eliminating many/most of THEIR “non-tactical” models, as well.

There IS a place for 4x/6x/2-7x/3-9x/4-12x scopes that don’t have massive turrets/eyepieces/objectives, and don’t have reticles that cause headaches.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I think there’s a difference between “keeping up with the times” and “chasing fads”. I’m concerned that Leupold DOESN’T know the difference.

Maybe a company can make some lightweight “classic” scopes (and OWN that market) while ALSO trying to develop product for the guys who like to twist turrets, rather than going “all in” on the tactical vibe, and relegate an entire market share to trying to find used stuff on eBay and Gunbroker...

Weaver and Nikon have not been shut down that long. That’s more market share available to Leupold, if they don’t jump the gun, and start eliminating many/most of THEIR “non-tactical” models, as well.

There IS a place for 4x/6x/2-7x/3-9x/4-12x scopes that don’t have massive turrets/eyepieces/objectives, and don’t have reticles that cause headaches.

I don't think there is much of a market there. If there were Weaver and Nikon would still be making scopes
High light transmission variables that track and hold zero is where the market is

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I suspect they know their business.

I actually feel they are starting to move in a more positive direction. I base that only on seeing them involved in shooting comps (PRS/NRL) and building some very good scopes for this. Minor I know, but it's something. I'd still like to see the custom shop back and see renewed efforts on "hunting" scopes.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F

I don't think there is much of a market there. If there were Weaver and Nikon would still be making scopes
High light transmission variables that track and hold zero is where the market is

There WASN’T enough “market” for Jeep/Bronco/Blazer/Ramcharger in the late 90’s. They all quit production, EXCEPT Jeep. Jeep ended up OWNING that market, AND suceeding, because they were the “only game in town”.

Weaver and Leupold pretty much figured out how to make a hunting scope that would hold zero by the late ‘70’s. Doesn’t take a lot of R&D to do that at this point. You just gotta make the product.

I’m not saying that Leupold should keep/put all their eggs in that basket, but with essentially NO ONE (even Burris’ offerings are limited) in the “classic style” sub-$400 market, now.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,971 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.