Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Doofus,

You have made it your mission to crap in each persons thread and do nothing but annoy people with your total horsecrap. Literally hundreds of posts crapping in what were otherwise pleasant threads. You have acted like a total azzhole trying to annoy the hell out of anyone just to seek attention. Your behavior is that of an attention seeking butthurt troll.

Now you throw what is essentially a temper tantrum in large letters because nobody is paying any attention to you. Do you expect anybody to give you any sort of response after you behave the way you do? There are consequences for your actions. People are not responding because you have acted like a total douchenozzle for so long and people are just simply sick of your stupidity.

Here is a little clue. You are free to continue to do as you wish, but you are not free from the consequences of those actions.

Epic bitch slap sir A+++ There are a handful of posters here I just never read. I've had the same signature line for over 10 years now. I've gotten back into bullet casting and tried out powder coating recently. Been spending time on the cast bullet forum again too. I have noticed zero toxic trolls over there... a welcome change.

I love micro red dots on revolvers but have not found a good solution for holsters that protect the red dot. I destroyed a Vortex last week when it fell out of a nylon holster.... I have a Hill People gear chest pack that works along with a few other bag type systems but would like a better solution something that protects the red dot while it is securely holstered. Suggestions for a Model 69 4.25" gun?

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by FarmHand78
Well gee.... last week I didn’t know I wanted a .44SPL, it will be here mid week. This week, I didn’t know I wanted to shoot .44 Russian through it.... 1000 brass will be here next week.

Looks like fun.

~Nathan

Gotta tell us about your .44 special. It's a rule...

John,

I picked up one of the Jeff Quinn Special edition Ruger GP-100’s, polished blue, SS trigger and Hammer, 5 shot unfluted cylinder, 4.2” half lug barrel, with wood grips (with Johns likeness and signature etched in).

I was a fan of his writings and reviews, always enjoyed seeing him or his brother Bogie post on various forums as well.

I’ve got Dies, brass and bullets in route, luckily I have primers and powder on hand.

Just need the range to dry off to get some shooting in.

The west wasn’t won, with a registered gun.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Doofus,

You have made it your mission to crap in each persons thread and do nothing but annoy people with your total horsecrap. Literally hundreds of posts crapping in what were otherwise pleasant threads. You have acted like a total azzhole trying to annoy the hell out of anyone just to seek attention. Your behavior is that of an attention seeking butthurt troll.

Now you throw what is essentially a temper tantrum in large letters because nobody is paying any attention to you. Do you expect anybody to give you any sort of response after you behave the way you do? There are consequences for your actions. People are not responding because you have acted like a total douchenozzle for so long and people are just simply sick of your stupidity.

Here is a little clue. You are free to continue to do as you wish, but you are not free from the consequences of those actions.

Epic bitch slap sir A+++ There are a handful of posters here I just never read. I've had the same signature line for over 10 years now. I've gotten back into bullet casting and tried out powder coating recently. Been spending time on the cast bullet forum again too. I have noticed zero toxic trolls over there... a welcome change.

I love micro red dots on revolvers but have not found a good solution for holsters that protect the red dot. I destroyed a Vortex last week when it fell out of a nylon holster.... I have a Hill People gear chest pack that works along with a few other bag type systems but would like a better solution something that protects the red dot while it is securely holstered. Suggestions for a Model 69 4.25" gun?

Thanks for the Kudos,

In regards to the holster, call the Milt Sparks shop. Ask for Jim and see if they will build you one of their new Optics ready OWB rigs for the gun. That's the first thing that comes to mind.

I don't know if it is on the website yet. Here is a pic of a prototype holster:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The cast bullet forum is a good site. Lots of smart guys over there.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks I'll give them a call. What I'm looking for would cover the red dot too. The replacement cost on the Vortex Venom has jumped up to 280.00 I ordered one of the new Holosun H5507C instead. I like the Holosun better with the dual dot system and ability to turn the intensity of the light down lower so it does not wash out a target in lower light. I can't get this one to adjust elevation low enough though. I may need to return it.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Thanks I'll give them a call. What I'm looking for would cover the red dot too. The replacement cost on the Vortex Venom has jumped up to 280.00 I ordered one of the new Holosun H5507C instead. I like the Holosun better with the dual dot system and ability to turn the intensity of the light down lower so it does not wash out a target in lower light. I can't get this one to adjust elevation low enough though. I may need to return it.

Do the Vortex Red Dots not carry the lifetime warranty?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mack that sob needs his ass handed to him . thank you for all the good info you post here

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Do the Vortex Red Dots not carry the lifetime warranty?

Good question. It was mounted on a 4" N frame Smith and fell from waist height onto a hardwood floor. The lens is fractured and the metal "window" has a major bend in it. I'm planning to take the Model 69 into the gunsmith for an action job tomorrow. I'll ask him.

I had a first generation Burris red dot that I didn't much care for but the newer mini red dots are pretty amazing. I turned 65 this year. My wife is a shooter too but she (and her eye sight) are 9 years younger than I am. She has been kicking my butt shooting iron sight hand guns for the last several years now. The red dots have given the edge back to me.... not that I'm gloating about that or anything because that would be wrong..... cool

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I’m a staff shooter for our local Vortex dealer, he assured me that your Venom does have the full warranty. Yet cover pretty much anything, and have been trying to keep items in stock to cover warranty claims, but with their current backlog (I just received two scopes I ordered in August of 2020), they might not have a quick turn around.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m a staff shooter for our local Vortex dealer, he assured me that your Venom does have the full warranty. Yet cover pretty much anything, and have been trying to keep items in stock to cover warranty claims, but with their current backlog (I just received two scopes I ordered in August of 2020), they might not have a quick turn around.

Really? Cool thank you! For anyone that hasn't tried a good quality micro red dot you really don't know what you are missing (or maybe not hitting when you could have especially if your eyes are getting older and not seeing the front sight like you used to). I'm surprised holsters designed to protect the new sights are not commonly available.

We have a 4" square steel target in the back yard. From a seated hunting position with a light weight set of shooting sticks I have been able to hit it 10 out of 10 times on a fairly regular basis.... my wife's best score is 8 out of 10. I'm kind of pretending that I'm not really keeping track.

I grew up in a shotgun only for deer hunting area. When I turned 21 and could get a pistol permit all my deer hunting was with hand guns. I moved to NC 30 years ago and went on a serious high power rifle binge but now that I'm not moving up and down the hills like I used to I'll be taking some deer with handguns again.

My wife is an extremely determined person and while we are being polite and not talking about the score thing I'm pretty sure she will be matching the 10 for 10 thing soon and maybe taking a few handgun deer herself next Fall.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

The inquiring minds of greatness would like to know what the 44 Russian cases will do that the 44 Special cases wont do.
Is there an answer or is there not an answer? Deflection of an answer using me is a good indicator that the people asked dont know. Deflection to how stupid and how low life I am is just a way to slither away from actually a good question even if it come from a lowlife like me. BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Does the large font make you feel as if you’ve made a point somehow?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Doof,

The reduced capacity of the Russian runs more economically on powder than the Special. Also, being shorter, it ejects a bit sooner.

Of course you already know those things.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Doof,

The reduced capacity of the Russian runs more economically on powder than the Special. Also, being shorter, it ejects a bit sooner.

Also the smaller case is more consistent with reduced loads

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
.44 Special cases are not available for purchse new.

44 Russian is.

I believe this was stated in this thread.

Originally Posted by TwentyTwo
Today, Saturday 19 February 2021, at 9:00 AM CDT, the starlinebrass dot com website shows .44 Russian brass available, .44 Special brass on backorder, and .44 Magnum out of stock / no backorders. My guess is that loading .45 ACP hardball equivalent rounds for use in a .44 Special or .44 Magnum revolver will use 1.5 to 4 less grains of powder if those rounds are loaded into .44 Russian brass rather than into .44 Special or .44 Magnum brass. In the current moment, in a batch of 500 or more rounds, that savings translates into not only lower monetary cost, but also into more shooting, assuming that one has an adequate supply of presently scarce and very expensive powder, primers, bullets, and brass. Some reloaders just want to explore (safely, please!) the possibilities of our hobby. So a big "Thank You!" to to Mackay Sagebrush for not only exploring some reloading possibilities, but also for clearly illustrating and precisely explaining what he has done and and how he did it.

Last edited by alukban; 02/26/21.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Doof,

Can you put that in all caps or a larger font to help him out?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
He is not worth a response guys.

It is his mission in life to disrupt, and schit in people threads, so just ignore him. His putting words in bold only indicate he is pouting about the fact that nobody will bother to respond to his tantrums/trying to interrupt. Pathetic.

He even sent a PM throwing a hissy fit, which of course I did not respond. crazy

Like 2nd wind said, please don't feed the trolls.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Hahaha hahaha.
You received one as well?

Apparently you're paying some of us to pick on him.............
BTW, you're late on payment!

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
crazy

Yeah...

Back to our regular scheduled program...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mac,

Do those cycle in a Marlin 1894? I'm thinking those wad cutters out of a carbine would be fight stoppers.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Question, could you load 44 special using 44 Russian and a ring spacer , same as 38/357 ?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 280shooter, 204guy, 35 invisible), 1,950 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,161
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.