Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by slumlord
You bout to get paid bro

Oh my neck
Oh my back

Oh my neck AND my back

seriously hope all good

Speaking getting paid whatever happened to ol renegade fender bender from a couple yrs back? I thought you two be in Mexico partying with hookers snorting coke off dudes backs?

He slipped on some chicken blood in the walmart

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
They are telling me that the accident caused me to have a stroke . Im not paralyzed and have no weakness in any limbs . But they see evidence of a stroke and say it happened just after the accident .

Worst part is my vision is out of focus , blurred in my left eye . This has improved a little in the last 2 days .

My insurance ask me if I intend to obtain an attorney . Not sure what to do and Im not thinking clearly .

Just glad to be home alive taking my pain meds

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
You bout to get paid bro

Oh my neck
Oh my back

Oh my neck AND my back

seriously hope all good

Speaking getting paid whatever happened to ol renegade fender bender from a couple yrs back? I thought you two be in Mexico partying with hookers snorting coke off dudes backs?

He slipped on some chicken blood in the walmart

So no partying in Mexico????

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
They are telling me that the accident caused me to have a stroke . Im not paralyzed and have no weakness in any limbs . But they see evidence of a stroke and say it happened just after the accident .

Worst part is my vision is out of focus , blurred in my left eye . This has improved a little in the last 2 days .

My insurance ask me if I intend to obtain an attorney . Not sure what to do and Im not thinking clearly .

They should be getting an attorney to sue Chevy for chitty airbags..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Get a good attorney, been there done that. Dealing with hospital bills etc gets to be a pain really fast, an attorney will deal with the all BS for you.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saturday I was driving on the snow when a lady driving a cargo van did a 360 and we had a head on collision . My airbags tried to deploy and the interior filled with white smoke .
I was trapped in the vehicle and couldn't get out until the fire dept pried the door open . When I got out of the vehicle I felt like I was drunk , couldn't sip my jacket and my vision was blurred and out of focus . When they got me in the ambulance the EMT told me I was having a stroke .
I spent 2 days in intensive care and 2 days in a regular room while they did every conceivable test , MRI , Ultrasound . CT and a scope down to my heart .

Im home now with blurred vision and a heart loop monitor in my chest . The doctors bullied me into getting the monitor . Said if I agreed to have it placed in my chest they would release me .
I already regret having the loop monitor implanted cause my chest is swollen and itching . I can feel it under the skin and move it all around.

For crying out loud!
I don't know what is worse. A near death crash you survived, or some doctor pushing something into your heart while you were under duress.
I will pray right now.
Keep me posted on the progress and I will continue to pray for you.

BTW, Watch the short video link below in my signature.
God is involved in your life and has something to give.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Glad you are still around...
So did the air bags burst? Or was the white smoke from something else?
Heck, you probably don't know...

So the impact broke a clot free somewhere..

The silver lining is that you got rid of that clot...

Are you speaking normally?

The vision will probably come back to normal..
Did they check your eyes?
People have had their cornea scratched by air bags in the past..
Or your eye cooled be swollen throwing off the focal distance...

Good luck...
Speedy recovery..

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 02/25/21.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Saturday I was driving on the snow when a lady driving a cargo van did a 360 and we had a head on collision . My airbags tried to deploy and the interior filled with white smoke .
I was trapped in the vehicle and couldn't get out until the fire dept pried the door open . When I got out of the vehicle I felt like I was drunk , couldn't sip my jacket and my vision was blurred and out of focus . When they got me in the ambulance the EMT told me I was having a stroke .
I spent 2 days in intensive care and 2 days in a regular room while they did every conceivable test , MRI , Ultrasound . CT and a scope down to my heart .

Im home now with blurred vision and a heart loop monitor in my chest . The doctors bullied me into getting the monitor . Said if I agreed to have it placed in my chest they would release me .
I already regret having the loop monitor implanted cause my chest is swollen and itching . I can feel it under the skin and move it all around.

For crying out loud!
I don't know what is worse. A near death crash you survived, or some doctor pushing something into your heart while you were under duress.
I will pray right now.
Keep me posted on the progress and I will continue to pray for you.

BTW, Watch the short video link below in my signature.
God is involved in your life and has something to give.

So you want him to call you everyday to keep updated?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think my pickup is totaled , lost my wallet and glasses at the wreck . The lady that hit me was ticketed . Im fully insured and she has state farm so no worries ?

State Farm = worry

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The white smoke is typical. At least in my experience with bags going off.

Had a couple good wrecks with deployed bags. Both times I can actually remember the bags deploying, followed by the white dusty smoke, abrasions on forearms and face, and an infusion of adrenaline.

Get out of the car with a hard on and willingness to fight or fugk. Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Rick as I said and others like stormin norman get an attorney before you have completely recovered those state farm turds will be after you to sign a release. You don't what the limits of her policy are and if they are high enough the state farm people aggressively pursue you signing a release. Don't sign anything get an attorney now. Best wishes for a full recovery. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sorry to hear about your misfortune and hope everything resolves.

You need to lawyer-up before signing anything. I think Renegade's lawyer got him a lifetime of Sam's Club Slurpees as compensation for his accident, so you might want to check him out.

Do airbags wear out or have a useful lifetime? I drive a 13 year old truck and wonder if the airbags would really work?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Depends on how fat her insurance policy is. I was in a 3+1 at fault accident and the 3 of us had to split her minimum coverage policy. I came out OK but the guy with the newer truck got screwed. he would need to sue her for the balance to recover anymore than the limits of her coverage.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Im not sure what to think about the air bags , truck only had 28,000 miles and no previous accident . I called the dealer and the said no recalls on the airbags .

I have been retired working as a consultant part time which gave me healthcare thru Cigna . I may wind up losing that gig because of this accident .

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Might be new enough to have variable "rate" bags or multi stage bags.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Don't answer any questions, from even your own insurance co. I don't trust any of them.
If they press you tell them you are to confused to talk right now and end the conversation, hang up on them if you have to.
Then get a lawyer.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Insurance called and wants to bring me a Nissan Rouge . Im not even supposed to be driving until my neurologist says its alright

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Paul_M

Don't answer any questions, from even your own insurance co. I don't trust any of them.
If they press you tell them you are to confused to talk right now and end the conversation, hang up on them if you have to.
Then get a lawyer.

Thanks good advise .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Im not sure what to think about the air bags , truck only had 28,000 miles and no previous accident . I called the dealer and the said no recalls on the airbags .

I have been retired working as a consultant part time which gave me healthcare thru Cigna . I may wind up losing that gig because of this accident .

State Farm will have an offer on the injuries that comes right out of a computer program called Colossus that many companies are subscribed to these days. DON'T ACCEPT IT!. They'll cajole you to take it and say it's all your liability claim is worth ( based on the computer model).

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Insurance called and wants to bring me a Nissan Rouge . Im not even supposed to be driving until my neurologist says its alright

Tell them to hold until you get the go ahead.
Think of it as an acceptance continuum.
Like the people who sell time shares..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 21 invisible), 1,786 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.