Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
AOSmith

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I was perusing the water heater threads of late, and thought I would put this here as a PSA... smile

Rheem Marathon. https://www.rheem.com/innovations/innovation_residential/marathon/

Lifetime Warranty.

I put one in, and it will be last heater that house will ever need.

Won't corrode. Won't burst. EASY on the electric meter. You may have to occasionally change the elements, but that's it.

If you have hard water, calcium, corrosion problems, etc, you'd be well served to get one of these. Not much more money than a standard water heater.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thank me later. smile

I've installed a few and the company I used to work for installed many. I only remember 1 warranty issue.

For the comments in the reviews batching about usage costs, they are failing to realize that the benefit of the Marathon is much less standby loss. They heat the same way, so if one has a household that goes through a lot of hot water, energy consumption isn't going to change much.

A word of advice to anyone who has to replace an element on a Marathon; be sure to cool the tank down by depleting it of hot water before draining the tank, otherwise you run the risk of collapsing the (hot) tank under vacuum.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
AOSmith

Winner,winner

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
AOSmith

Winner,winner

I'll pass on A.O.Smith every chance I get. Same for their other labels. Rheem, Lochinvar or B.W. for me.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I was perusing the water heater threads of late, and thought I would put this here as a PSA... smile

Rheem Marathon. https://www.rheem.com/innovations/innovation_residential/marathon/

Lifetime Warranty.

Won't corrode. Won't burst. EASY on the electric meter. You may have to occasionally change the elements, but that's it.

If you have hard water, calcium, corrosion problems, etc, you'd be well served to get one of these. Not much more money than a standard water heater.

Thank me later. smile

Looks like a good idea. We keep our heater in the pump house and in the winter its the heater for that area. Since its propane it runs even with power outage and keeps things from freezing. In the summer no need for insulation as thats defeating the purpose a bit. Takes less heat to keep it warm since that pump house gets hot in the summer.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I just looked at my gas-fired unlimited on demand water heater the size of a carry-on bag and thought, "No tanks."

I see what you did there...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Rheem makes good water heaters. I've installed several.

They also make good air conditioners.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trane on the A/C

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Trane on the A/C

If you want to pay 3-5 times as much for it.

I've got Rheem units I installed in houses I own that I rehabbed 15-20 years ago.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Tag

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
How much routine maintenance do you on demand heater owners have to do?

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have to put a new water heater seems like every 3 or 4 years in my rentals. I don’t what the hell bad JuJu renters put on them.

I can make them last 10-12 years here at the house. I drain the the chunky lime slush out about every 2 years.

My father in law has had the same water heat for 20 something years and never flushed it he says. I believe him, they can’t even get to it because they are hoarders.

I just buy the $400 ones and DIY them.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
How much routine maintenance do you on demand heater owners have to do?

I flush my two with vinegar annually. They are soon due.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I just looked at my gas-fired unlimited on demand water heater the size of a carry-on bag and thought, "No tanks."

Same here, I looked at my Stiebel electric tankless and thought the same thing. Juice is reasonable here in God's country.

Screw a water heater needlessly cycling wasting my money. SMH at the prehistoric tech....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Interesting.

+1

Thanks for sharing that.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tag

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JOG
I installed a Rheem that started to leak after 5 years so I called the appliance dealer where I purchased it. It turns out they don't honor the warranty unless the unit was installed by a licensed plumber. After a long battle they finally agreed to pay for the replacement unit or the installation charge, but not both. The unit and the plumber cost the same. If a plumber replaced it they would honor future warranty issues so I went that route.

After all that I called Home Depot to see how their warranty applies and they said the same thing. No plumber, no joy.

As much as I was ticked off at the time, I get it.

It's not Home Depot or the place you bought the water heater, it's the manufacturers warranty. I am going through this with a pool pump. My pump and motor took a chit so I want to upgrade to a VS pump. The factory warranty is 3 years if pro installed, 1 year if self installed. It is really nothing to do the swap but the estimates I got are $3-400 that just stick in my craw since I know they will be in and out in less than an hour.

Last edited by smarquez; 02/25/21.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
What is the installation difference on an instant gas tankless vs a gas tank heater. I'm about due. Last time they told me it would cost a lot more to install a tankless. I was broke at the time so went back with the cheap tank.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
1200 bucks for a 50g is a lot of kaching. i can buy 3 of the ones that last me 10 years for that. plus i put the quick disconnects on mine so no more sweating fittings and such. but that one is probably more efficient that whatever i use. too lazy to go look.

My diploma is a DD214
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Lifetime Warranty.

Thank me later. smile

When we built our house, our electric company had some sort of deal where you could get the small one for free, or the big one for $100. I got the big one. We can wash dishes, clothes, and all 4 of us take a shower and never run out of hot water. It’s been in the basement 18 years and still going. I’ve replaced the top heating element twice. Other than that it has been trouble free.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (14idaho, 6mmCreedmoor, Akpilot, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 13 invisible), 1,608 guests, and 831 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,516
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.