Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
West Virginia Carry permit is a rather simple process.

1) Cross the state line.

2) Carry

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

BP-B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We/me/I, have to "Unconceale", the weapon before it can be used.

Some of you guys are caught up in fear of the consequences of shooting the scrote that intends to kill you or your family. Untrained people fail to act appropriately due to their ignorance and lack of preparation.

#1 Protect your life and the lives of family and selected innocents. This requires a mindset that results in training and practice and dedication to always wearing your gun.

#2 Talk to no one but your attorney with whom you have chosen in advance and whose card you have in your wallet and on your refrigerator door.

Risk vs. reward: Prioritize, your family's and your own life vs. legal hassles. If you are afraid of the "system" take up stick fighting and leave your gun in the safe. Reality is a bitchdt, live with it or trust to the kindness of strangers.

YMMV

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
According to one of my late uncles, he registered the Luger he brought home from Germany in 1945 with the local police dept. in Ohio in the early 1950's when he lived there. Went to police dept. with the gun, filled out some paperwork. paid a small fee, then the cops fired one round from it to save the bullet for ballistic testing, then he walked out with his registered gun. He never mentioned anything about a carry permit. Apparently he didn't need one back then if he walked out of the police dept. with the gun but no carry permit. I inherited it in 2001 and had to turn it in to a local police dept. while getting it on my permit so they could run the numbers on it and whatever else they do. I stated that it had been registered in Ohio in the early '50's but it never popped up on the computers. It was said that most of those old paper records are long gone. It was declared a war trophy and it was about a year before I got it back but the cops were real cool about it and didn't give me any hassle.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
No hassle? A full paragraph on the process to possess what was already yours, not having it for a year, and you feel there was no hassle? Hate to see what it would take to get you up to fighting temp...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
No hassle? A full paragraph on the process to possess what was already yours, not having it for a year, and you feel there was no hassle? Hate to see what it would take to get you up to fighting temp...

My thought, exactly.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Founding Fathers wrote out the 'permit' for all Americans, forever, when they penned the 2A, right?

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Richard my firsts carry permits were the same

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
214 members (257 mag, 2UP, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 22 invisible), 1,553 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,917
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.