seriously hope all good

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Originally Posted by elkmtb
sounds like a concussion to me.

What do you mean airbags TRIED to deploy?

The dish says deployed and all the gas or propellant came out but no air bags . Vehicle was 2018 Chevrolet Silverado .

That is too new of a vehicle to have the air bags fail. Get yourself a good attorney. You made need one anyway. Yes. State Farm should be working on the States farms for criminals. They have screwed me over a few times.

Don't believe anyone but a neurologist to tell you if you had a stroke or not. I had some weird stuff going on a couple of years ago and my pcp sent me to the hospital. Two of the docs, one from the emergency room and another who I saw next for testing, both tried to tell me I had a stroke. I told them both I must not have been there when it happened. So once I was released I sought the advise of a neurologist who told me it was simple. Had they looked at the MRI and not just the c-scan, they would have clearly seen I did not have a stroke, supposing they knew how to read an MRI. So to be sure, I had 3 hours of tests done by a neurological shrink who told me the same thing: no stroke.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good thing you were in a full sized truck. I always wonder about driving a smaller car or similar.
Glad you were not hurt.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Did the woman survive? A crash with a pickup you are normally the winner.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Saturday I was driving on the snow when a lady driving a cargo van did a 360 and we had a head on collision . My airbags tried to deploy and the interior filled with white smoke .
I was trapped in the vehicle and couldn't get out until the fire dept pried the door open . When I got out of the vehicle I felt like I was drunk , couldn't sip my jacket and my vision was blurred and out of focus . When they got me in the ambulance the EMT told me I was having a stroke .
I spent 2 days in intensive care and 2 days in a regular room while they did every conceivable test , MRI , Ultrasound . CT and a scope down to my heart .

Im home now with blurred vision and a heart loop monitor in my chest . The doctors bullied me into getting the monitor . Said if I agreed to have it placed in my chest they would release me .
I already regret having the loop monitor implanted cause my chest is swollen and itching . I can feel it under the skin and move it all around.

For crying out loud!
I don't know what is worse. A near death crash you survived, or some doctor pushing something into your heart while you were under duress.
I will pray right now.
Keep me posted on the progress and I will continue to pray for you.

BTW, Watch the short video link below in my signature.
God is involved in your life and has something to give.

So you want him to call you everyday to keep updated?

God will fill him in.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
You bout to get paid bro

Oh my neck
Oh my back

Oh my neck AND my back

seriously hope all good

[Linked Image from reactiongifs.us]

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
Saturday I was driving on the snow when a lady driving a cargo van did a 360 and we had a head on collision . My airbags tried to deploy and the interior filled with white smoke .
I was trapped in the vehicle and couldn't get out until the fire dept pried the door open . When I got out of the vehicle I felt like I was drunk , couldn't sip my jacket and my vision was blurred and out of focus . When they got me in the ambulance the EMT told me I was having a stroke .
I spent 2 days in intensive care and 2 days in a regular room while they did every conceivable test , MRI , Ultrasound . CT and a scope down to my heart .

Im home now with blurred vision and a heart loop monitor in my chest . The doctors bullied me into getting the monitor . Said if I agreed to have it placed in my chest they would release me .
I already regret having the loop monitor implanted cause my chest is swollen and itching . I can feel it under the skin and move it all around.

For crying out loud!
I don't know what is worse. A near death crash you survived, or some doctor pushing something into your heart while you were under duress.
I will pray right now.

Why the crass comment?

I check here and if he wants to update us christians, he can know that at least I will pray. Probably others will too. He's welcome to PM as I've offered to others IF he wants.

Those who don't talk to or hear from the Great Physician.... I can't speak for them or for you.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 02/25/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you live close to Nashville, you need to call Bart Durham. He'll get you a few million, and you can be on Channel 5, showing him handing you the check.

Glad you're okay........get better soon.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

For crying out loud!
I will pray right now.

Why the crass comment?

I check here and if he wants to update us christians, he can know that at least I will pray. Probably others will too. He's welcome to PM as I've offered to others IF he wants.

Those who don't talk to or hear from the Great Physician.... I can't speak for them or for you.

Ok mr creepo..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
If you live close to Nashville, you need to call Bart Durham. He'll get you a few million, and you can be on Channel 5, showing him handing you the check.

Glad you're okay........get better soon.

Bart Durham

He ded

LOL

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Rick, make a list of schit you need and post it on the fire! Seriously, I hope you make a full recovery!

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to hear this. I hope you heal-up quick.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get a damn good lawyer. My family member tried going after Chevy cuz airbags did not deploy (2011 Chevy 3/4ton) in 2011. They have good lawyers. Family member is now a double amputee paraplegic. Plenty of front end damage. Not their fault.

We thought we got a good lawyer that was highly recommended from a very established family but Chevy has good lawyers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by atomchaser
Sorry to hear about your misfortune and hope everything resolves.

You need to lawyer-up before signing anything. I think Renegade's lawyer got him a lifetime of Sam's Club Slurpees as compensation for his accident, so you might want to check him out.

Do airbags wear out or have a useful lifetime? I drive a 13 year old truck and wonder if the airbags would really work?

A 2018's airbags shouldn't be worn out yet. I mean, his truck isn't a Ford.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Get a damn good lawyer. My family member tried going after Chevy cuz airbags did not deploy (2011 Chevy 3/4ton) in 2011. They have good lawyers. Family member is now a double amputee paraplegic. Plenty of front end damage. Not their fault.

We thought we got a good lawyer that was highly recommended from a very established family but Chevy has good lawyers.

Personally, I don't feel like Chevy should be liable in any way whatsoever. The airbags are a safety feature to help you in an accident - there are no guarantees.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

Personally, I don't feel like Chevy should be liable in any way whatsoever. The airbags are a safety feature to help you in an accident - there are no guarantees.

I can agree with you on that but a GM employee who we know got documents from internal gm that said their was a fault, and 2011 was part of the years. Documents showed airbags went into "limp" mode on impact.

Theirs more to it, but not gonna go into it here cuz I hate typing.

On the other hand, if no guarantees, why the big takotna airbag issue?

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
There are two parts to a car wreck settlement when injuries are involved.

1 - Settlement for the truck. You can do this right now and accept what book value is on the truck, since it's totaled, because that is all you are going to get from them for the truck loss.

2 - Settlement for the medical side. Take a breath and relax, and work on YOU getting better. You are not obligated to do any more right now, since the insurance has been notified.

DO NOT be in any hurry to sign ANYTHING, except settlement for the truck to pay it off if needed. And make sure the papers you sign are ONLY for the truck settlement part. You have "plenty" of time to interview attorneys, and decide who you are comfortable in having represent you.

You have insurance, so you're covered for your medical bills and your truck.

Again, you have plenty of time (MONTHS) to interview.

Hope you get well soon.

The doctors were most likely "building a ticket", and performing as many tests as possible to rob the insurance company. It's all corrupt as hell on that end, and why we pay so much.

On the medical settlement, usually the case is worth three times medical expenses. Standard lawyer fees for no pay up front are:

33% settlement, no lawsuit filed.
40% lawsuit filed, settle out of court.
50% go to trial.

If you read up, and get educated, you might be able to settle up yourself with the insurance and come out with more money in your pocket, rather than letting a lawyer get their large cut. Problem is, the lawyers at the insurance companies make that angel very difficult, and almost refuse to get right when they know they are dealing with someone not educated in settlement tactics, unless you lawyer up.

Those airbags failed. They just haven't had enough reported yet for the government open a case and demand a recall on yet, so you have that to go after too.

The big issue is making sure you don't have any medical issues that arise later on, and that is why you give plenty of time to recovery before you settle, unless you have in the settlement that later issues that arise are covered. That takes getting the settlement written up right, and most likely will require you obtaining an attorney to review it.

The above is what I'd do, and is not to be taken as legal advice. It is opinion only.

Just take your time. Hope you get better.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 02/25/21.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Best wishes for a full speedy recovery!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Glad to hear your alive.
Auto accidents suck.
Espeically when outta the fughing blue cause of some moron

Follow docs advice ...
Get well soon.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
201 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 17 invisible), 1,539 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.