Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I generally try to stay out of their way , have met a couple who were good guys . And I mean good guys , strange , they both died of a vehicle accident . Anyway when they had the big hooblah about second amendment sanctuaries. Shortly after that they had a public get together , something to the affect of blue lives matter . The local sheriff of that county was highly out spoken about backing the county as a sanctuary .
So I wanted to meet him and pick his brain . So I took my grandson with me , thought he might like it .
We pulled up , and walked over to the swat van , they looked at us like we were from another planet , cautiously handed him a bottle of water , offered me nothing . Have never had legal issues in this county other than traffic violations . So , I am determined to have my pow wow and we did the short tour of the van and moved on through the very small gathering . A couple guys playing bluegrass and two and three people cliques here and there and they weren't socializing with nobody , not just us , but nobody . I thought what a weird bunch of mutherfuggers.
Spotted the sheriff in a small huddle , walked over , calmly waited for eye contact and they continued to talk as though we weren't there . So I looked at JJ and said quess they answered my questions . Still no acknowledgement . Normally this would have gotten a rude response from me , but I chalked up to education , knew him when he was a kid , he used to run with my son and that's all I'll say about that . 2nd amendment sanctuaries, yeah , right . I took it that I wasn't recognized as a campaign contributor and that was probably the bottom line .
A lot of counties talked the talk , but when you talked to people who was at the sanctuary meetings across the state , there was often a different opinion about sincerity . And some quite disgruntled with how they were treated .
Kenneth

Last edited by Kenneth66; 02/18/21.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I will ride like the bruthas no insurance!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
I could be wrong , but I doubt FB or any other insurance is going to be cheap . They are after all , corporations.
Also I don't see this as theft insurance it will be liabilty insurance , cant see that being cheap .
Even if it is theft insurance , that will add up to a lot of payouts with the current rate of theft and restrictions on storage will likely be a real pain in the ass and maybe expensive .
As for "I won't comply" , figure any body active in the shooting or hunting sports will at some time transport or discharge weapons on their property.
Transportation ups the Annie by happening into a routine check point , officer , sir do you have any drugs , weapons , or explosives in your vehicle ?" Driver , "No sir" , officer , would you mind if I take a look ? "
Me to you , And at this point , please don`t blow smoke up my ass about unreasonable searches and your rights .
Or your on your on property target shooting , over the hill from your sight a raid for an unrelated matter is going on , officers dispatch a couple deputies to see what's up , and questions start , you don't have your ducks in a row , things will escalate .
How far things escalate in either scenario will depend on officers at scene and what you have hopefully given some solid soul searching about before you go about your decision .
If (complete) noncompliance is what you choose , things will happen fast and will be undoable .
Your decision is none of my buisness , I am just pointing out some things that need to be thoroughly addressed with yourself .
With corporates being what they are , I can see politicians and corporations thinking , Cha Ching !
It has been said Biden didn't work hard for his election because the fix was in . That could be telling of his comment, it's going to be a cold dark winter .
Just things to ponder, Kenneth
One thing I want to make clear is that I sincerely hope this B.S. dosent fly . But daffy as he is , I do believe him and his minions are serious .

Ante

You're

Business

Doesn't

Damn that was hard to read.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Get caught without it and you are 100% effed. Thats how.

Nail 3 or 4 high profile nice guys per state and 87% of the rest will fall in line nicely.

NJ is going to do this soon, because we are so progressive.

Its for the children, dontcha know.

Our local law enforcement will not enforce anything like that.

Oh, the same law enforcement that was arresting restaurant and gym owners during the last year? Cops don't care about you.

Yep. Anybody who thinks cops won’t enforce stuff like this is fooling themselves.
The cops are worried about their paychecks and pensions. They will enforce it, at least until they come to realize that their pension is worthless when they’re dead.
7mm

Our sheriff is worried about two things... banging the female help and getting re elected. He knows exactly what would prevent him from getting re elected here.

Last edited by gregintenn; 02/18/21.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Every time I see someone talk about taxes on our second amendment rights, I immediately suggest that it is a completely fair assertion.......

"Now let's talk about women's suffrage, AND THE TAX WOMEN SHOULD PAY TO BE ABLE TO VOTE via the 19th amendment."

The convo usually ends with that individual sulking away.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then a conservative should counter with cell phone insurance, since we will find that somebody who caused an accident while texting, will incur steep lawsuits.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Lived opposite the law before, can do it again. Not gonna be a cushy job being the agent of the State when formerly legit fellas you try to hem up have already decided they ain’t doing fifteen years in the pen. Have said for years, taking men who have worked, built businesses and made lives with ingenuity and work ethic, and making a new class of criminal of them, is a bad idea.

Cops best stick to fugging around with the schit for brains, lazy, defective humans currently engaging in illegal activities. They might be able to keep up with that someday. Do not get crossed up with guys who wanted to be left alone, are done being fugged with, and are not necessarily concerned with just getting away when they disappear around the corner ahead of you.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Think I will set this one out

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why dont they just mandate assault insurance for everyone. That way if someone busts open someone else's head with a claw hammer they are covered. Where does this end.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
What's next, mandatory alcohol insurance?

What, in case someone steals yours, or it gets burnt up in a fire?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Again, how the hell do you enforce it?

Enforcing the first section would be easy.

Purchasing through an FFL would require proof of insurance, no insurance card, no sale.

The second part , would be more difficult in that one would be required to have insurance on any and all firearms purchased after the date of the bill. The only way to prove the date of sale is with Registration.
So we would be Required to carry an insurance card, a registration card along with our hunting license and permit to carry.

You most likely won’t be allowed at your favorite range without proof of insurance as well.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They will figure out a way to make it too expensive to own guns.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This would be a requirement for liability insurance, right? Most homeowners carry liability insurance. My homeowners insurance would cover me for up to $1 million in the event of a firearm accident or any negligent act wherein I am found guilty of harming someone. I suppose that covers my firearms being stolen and misused by another if I was found liable.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it was enforced, we might see some affects in the large inner cities. But we all know it won't be enforced in those areas. Reducing crime isn't the purpose of it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
You most likely won’t be allowed at your favorite range without proof of insurance as well.

You've obviously never met the guys who run my range......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

No I haven’t, that’s why I said most likely, some will refuse to comply with there own insurance companies requirements and most will comply with their insurance companies requirements.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Mandatory gun insurance is ordering another 10 magazines for your AR.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Mandatory gun insurance is ordering another 10 magazines for your AR.

yes !!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Lucky you. The owners of my gun club are a bunch of Fuds. No shooting from the draw. No targets remotely shaped like a man. I could go on. It's such a bargain, though, that I don't switch to the alternative range in my area. Huge annual price difference. Plus, I'm usually the only one there when I shoot, while the more expensive range almost always has lots of shooters. They are both almost exactly a half hour drive from my home, but the one I belong to is a half hour further away from the nearest big town, while the more expensive one is a half hour in the direction of the nearest big town, which likely explains some of these differences.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

No I haven’t, that’s why I said most likely, some will refuse to comply with there own insurance companies requirements and most will comply with their insurance companies requirements.

They already have insurance, which won't be affected by this nonsense.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

146 members (2UP, 300jimmy, 1eyedmule, 44mc, 35, 257 mag, 11 invisible), 1,319 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,272
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.