Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Zero chance that any state legislature will vote to give up any tax base.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
If they joined, would former Oregonians insist on hiring flunkies to pump their gas? Would they demand that weed be legalized (it's not in ID)?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by idelkslayer

If Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington are so fed up with their western counterparts then it makes more sense for Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington and any northern California counties to combine and form a new state.

Leave Idaho out of it.

This sums up my feelings about it.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Coming soon to an oceanfront property not so near you..
The Idaho Navy.

Imagine though Oregon will no longer have to share a border with California....
I could see people voting for that...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Zero chance that any state legislature will vote to give up any tax base.

Truth. As much as I'd like to see it happen it's all a pipe dream.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm getting a little depressed with the last holdouts going so liberal. And a little confused with this movement. What is the point? Idaho is already well on its way to becoming another Colorado. Montana is further down the same path. And now even Wyoming is seeing a bunch of move ins. There's a county in Colorado that has a push to join Wyoming. Like we want another 300k+ residents, that will have the advantages of being a Wyoming resident, but will still largely commute back to Colorado for work and shopping.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
If I wanted to live in Idaho, I'd move to Idaho. Give it a couple more election cycles and Idaho will be blue anyway.

There is probably a great deal of truth to that statement.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
If I wanted to live in Idaho, I'd move to Idaho. Give it a couple more election cycles and Idaho will be blue anyway.

There is probably a great deal of truth to that statement.

L.W.

Not until the Treasure Valley becomes overpopulated like Portlandia and can drag the rest of us down

Ada County perhaps in the not to distant furure but Idaho overall voted over two thirds for DJT

Idaho was almost 70% Trump vote, Oregon was barely 40% for Trump

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Follow the money.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Rock Chuck...I hate to make statements that might come back to bite me, but since I do it all the time, what's to lose?. A marshmallow will have a chance in Hell before the east coast liberals in Congress allow their electoral college votes taken from them by western" deplorables". I could be wrong , I give it the same odds as Congress voting for term limits, just a little less than ZERO
Lj

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never going to happen no matter how many dreams they come up with. Part of the problem is the included the Bend, Sisters, Redmond area into their map and those areas are more blue than red these days... besides, all the bureaucracy and additional governance that would result would be more than what these people who are putting this out there realize....

There will always be dreamers, but this is never going to happen in many lifetimes.....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
With a little time out to deal with the Japs, the Jefferson State movement has been simmering since 1940...to no avail. But the big difference this time is ...this is a boundary change, as opposed to the the Jefferson movement which is forming a new state. As far as the California counties go, I was made aware at a meeting recently of a situation that could prevent the California mountain counties getting away from Sacramento, regardless of the method. The simple fact is, the mountain counties generate the WATER to sustain 1/3 of US vegetable production and 2/3 of the US fruit and nut production, not to mention clean sustainable hydropower, not to mention lumber production. The big money ag simply will not let the golden goose out of the pen.

This is true in large part. Can anyone imagine the Ag community, and various municipalities, giving up control of the water in the Sacramento system, a fairly large portion of which now comes from the Klamath/Trinity system by way of pumping over the mountains? Where this new entity could perhaps charge what the water's really worth, or worse, close the tap? Never gonna happen.

And according to some sources, the State of Jefferson movement started back in the 1850's, in various iterations.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=The+State+of+Jefferson&ia=web

As flintlocke mentions, this movement to split So OR & NorCal from their respective States has been and 'issue" for many years. I don't see this variation of a boundary change gaining much more traction than any other attempt.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by idelkslayer
I sure as hell hope it never happens. I'd rather not have all the additional hunters from Oregon and possibly Washington flooding Idaho.

If Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington are so fed up with their western counterparts then it makes more sense for Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington and any northern California counties to combine and form a new state.

Leave Idaho out of it.

Oregon might not want all those ID hunters coming over after their elk and deer either, by your line of reasoning.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

To true...My newest full-time neighbors are from Washington and Oregon..

Jayco👍

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Eastern Washington has wanted out from under the thumb of Olympia. If parts of Oregon and Washington joined Idaho the new state would be wildly successful and one hell of a force to be reckoned with. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sheister
Never going to happen no matter how many dreams they come up with. Part of the problem is the included the Bend, Sisters, Redmond area into their map and those areas are more blue than red these days... besides, all the bureaucracy and additional governance that would result would be more than what these people who are putting this out there realize....

There will always be dreamers, but this is never going to happen in many lifetimes.....
Look closer. The map excludes Bend and Sister. Redmond is in it.

― George Orwell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cut to the chase. Never going to happen. Ever. For many of the reasons stated above.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It would have to pass each of 3 major hurdles:
OR legislature - not a chance
ID legislature - I don't know what they'd do
congress - most likely not when the libs are in power

― George Orwell

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

This is unfortunately true.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wish it would, but not betting on it. Need some method for excluding Boise, however,

Last edited by 1minute; 02/26/21.

1Minute
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
467 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 46 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.