Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for prodding Dan into posting pics of his pretty bullets.

If I ran out, which I won’t, I have a crossbow, the only thing I’ve killed deer with for the past three seasons.

My progeny won’t run out either, though they may have to hunt with what I can feed.

What fresh Hell is this?
BP-B2

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We are good for a while. I'd like to have a little of this or that just to feel "comfortable"...

Been seeing quite a bit more ammo at a local shop. Not everything but some for sure is better than nothing. Hope it loosens up but don't see it happening for a while

Hunt...
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Just settled on a select piece of Ash wood. Working now on the design of the spear head.

Just in case...

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Cabelas in Grand Rapids had Federal blue box 270 and 30-06 for $22 last weekend. Probably didn’t last long. I bought some Federal 10mm for $29 per box there. Supply is spotty, but even at gun show prices hunters can still hunt. It’s still a drop in the bucket considering the overall cost of the hunt. As others have said, target shooters will take the biggest hit.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Would any of you share ammo with immeadiate loved ones or would you tell them the Noah's Ark analogy? And take a lesson from it.

Yes -not to excess. But I gave a cousin some for him and his boy to be able to hunt this past fall.. there wasn't a box of '06 to be found on a shelf in the area. He paid me for them. I had plenty. He felt dumb for waiting until mid November to buy some ammo.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by memtb
At only 68 years old, I’m good for about 40 or 50 more seasons.....with my preferred rifle! After that.....it could get a bit dicey! grin memtb

I only have about 40 rifles and ammo for every one of them. I don't know how many seasons that is?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 163bc
i'm good, my kids are good, my grandkids are good

And if you are like the rest of us, the next door neighbors too...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This fall I peeked into my cabinet that houses my factory ammo ( it’s been so long that I looked in that cabinet a bear could’a been hibernating in there) and I have a little bit of this and that for all my rifles. As far as components go I have enough to keep me in elk meat for the rest of my life and then some.

I’m embarrassed to reveal how many Partition 2nds I have. I’m trying to wean myself off SPS........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Would any of you share ammo with immeadiate loved ones or would you tell them the Noah's Ark analogy? And take a lesson from it.

I gave a close friend of my son two of my last four boxes of factory .30-06 ammo about a month ago. I had given him the gun a few months ago and didn't realize (duh) that he wouldn't be able to find ammo for it.

Originally Posted by Pappy348

If I ran out, which I won’t, I have a crossbow, the only thing I’ve killed deer with for the past three seasons.

Yeah, I'm mostly a bow hunter as well. I only need a couple of rifle rounds a year for antelope, which is too time consuming for me on public land with a bow.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 02/26/21. Reason: Clarify

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
During the Obama years, I bought enough bullets, powder and primers to load about 250 rounds for each of my 3 deer rifles.

That should last me the rest of my life. My son will be shooting the last of the rounds when I'm gone.

Dan

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
This fall I peeked into my cabinet that houses my factory ammo ( it’s been so long that I looked in that cabinet a bear could’a been hibernating in there) and I have a little bit of this and that for all my rifles. As far as components go I have enough to keep me in elk meat for the rest of my life and then some.

I’m embarrassed to reveal how many Partition 2nds I have. I’m trying to wean myself off SPS........

SPS is an awesome place. Good luck with trying to wean yourself from them.. I always think, these 500 partitions will last me a long time, then after a while look at the bullet containers and see that there's only about 50 left. I wonder where the hell they all go? I bought 500 30 cal 200gr partitions about 3 years ago when they were $13.45/bag. We won't see those prices ever again. I should have bought 2,000!!!!

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I got 10 bullets, should last me about 5 yrs

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I bought 500 30 cal 200gr partitions about 3 years ago when they were $13.45/bag. We won't see those prices ever again. I should have bought 2,000!!!!

I know, I know.........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

“If” factory ammo is factored in......I ran out about 50 years ago! grin memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Only low if they open this Season.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

No, wait...

Never mind.

GR

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

I might share some but there might be a painful lesson attached. If they didn’t see this coming, they’d be hardheaded and need some asswhup.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by blammer
I got 10 bullets, should last me about 5 yrs

Yup.

Only time i burn ammo is when setting up a new rig or swapping scopes.

Once impacts at diff distances verfied its done and ready to hunt.

So far my skills have maintained over the yrs, from when I shot a lot. But Im getting older and may require a change to practice

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I picked a sketchy year to get not one but 2, wait 3, new calibers ...

Been greatly assisted by our Classifieds smile Another thing that helps a lot is dry firing. Another thing is having a crossbow. If all else fails, I'll fabricate some bolts and set snares.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DigitalDan, Probably the same as you with cast bullets ( only about 1000 - 1200 ponds of wheel weights) but, will run out of other components prior to 2500! grin memtb

My lead supply is similar to your own but have somewhere around 5000 bullets already cast. And I know how to a) recharge a primer, b) make black powder, c) chip a flint. Did an inventory not long ago and have something in the neighborhood of 16K primers and more powder than I should. Anywhere from 50 to 6K rounds loaded, the guns won't starve soon. Nor will I.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
DigitalDan, Probably the same as you with cast bullets ( only about 1000 - 1200 ponds of wheel weights) but, will run out of other components prior to 2500! grin memtb

My lead supply is similar to your own but have somewhere around 5000 bullets already cast. And I know how to a) recharge a primer, b) make black powder, c) chip a flint. Did an inventory not long ago and have something in the neighborhood of 16K primers and more powder than I should. Anywhere from 50 to 6K rounds loaded, the guns won't starve soon. Nor will I.

You ar3 in far better shape than I......and more skilled! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 11point, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 82 invisible), 2,662 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,691
Posts18,399,843
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.