L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
Would this allow the use of hounds?

They kill your hounds.

Poison kills too many other predators - bears, mtn. lions, coyotes etc. for it to be a viable option.

Exactly but there are those that do it anyway without carrying about family pets and other critters that eat it..There's been a run around here on poisening animals and it appears it's the family pets that pay the price,not the wolves....And the words out to find these nut jobs and prosecute..

Jayco👍

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Idaho needs to be careful on the wolf regulations, these animal right groups keep trying to close wolf seasons. what Idaho should do is sell unlimited wolf resident license for $20.00 and each wolf tag is $5.00 and non- resident wolf license is $40.00 and wolf tags are $5.00, .each wolf hunter or trapper per year are allowed 5 wolves per year and party hunting and trapping is legal every year. wolf season starts September 1st ends May 1st . wolves may still be killed if harming anything anytime. that`s the easier way to make wolf season and quit worrying about details ,who cares if they use dogs or anything else wolves just need wolf populations lowered permanently. i live in Minnesota we have way to many wolves and liberals protecting these nasty wolves too. as Troy the the alligator hunter says > SHOOTEM !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by atse
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I just read that in '19 ('20 figures aren't out yet), Idaho sold 45k wolf tags and harvested 118. At $11.25 for a resident tag, that's about $.5 mill that they won't take in for wolf management if this happens.

I bet there were a lot more killed if trapping numbers are added. Probably more than double. I know here in Montana the total take has been close to 250 a year forthe last several years. I bet Idaho is at that number or more. That doesn't include wolves removed for livestock depredation.
I just found the numbers. In '19, Idaho trappers got 200 on top of the 118 for the hunters. Starting with the 20-21 season, you can buy 15 hunting tags in addition to 15 trapping tags. However, in '19, only 5 people took more than 10 total. They aren't that easy to get.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by pete53
Idaho needs to be careful on the wolf regulations, these animal right groups keep trying to close wolf seasons. what Idaho should do is sell unlimited wolf resident license for $20.00 and each wolf tag is $5.00 and non- resident wolf license is $40.00 and wolf tags are $5.00, .each wolf hunter or trapper per year are allowed 5 wolves per year and party hunting and trapping is legal every year. wolf season starts September 1st ends May 1st . wolves may still be killed if harming anything anytime. that`s the easier way to make wolf season and quit worrying about details ,who cares if they use dogs or anything else wolves just need wolf populations lowered permanently. i live in Minnesota we have way to many wolves and liberals protecting these nasty wolves too. as Troy the the alligator hunter says > SHOOTEM !

What du Fug you talkin bout Williz? grin Wolf license? Wolf tag?

Around here you buy one hunting license (resident or nonresident). It allows one to hunt varmints, small game, upland game, waterfowl, and big game. For big game, including wolves, one must buy a tag for each animal to be killed. Waterfowl and other migratory birds require a "duck stamp"

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by logcutter

They kill your hounds.

Poison kills too many other predators - bears, mtn. lions, coyotes etc. for it to be a viable option.

Exactly but there are those that do it anyway without carrying about family pets and other critters that eat it..There's been a run around here on poisening animals and it appears it's the family pets that pay the price,not the wolves....And the words out to find these nut jobs and prosecute..

Jayco👍

A properly run poison campaign would have very little kill of non target species.

It should be done in the heart of winter in deep snow, far from civilization and pets. You might get a few fox or coyotes, but it would be very few in the heart of wolf habitat. You might get a few cats and corvids, but that would be a small and temporary price to pay to exterminate the wolves on a permanent basis.

Wolf habitat and denning areas are easy to find from a helicopter when the snow is six or eight feet deep. Poisoned bait can be dropped right on the wolf's door step.

10,000 exhausted elk will thank you.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H

They kill your hounds.

Hounds worked very well here in Wisconsin, they couldn’t close our season fast enough before the quota was exceeded in all 6 zones. And hounds are why.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
We had a wolf hunt in Wisconsin. The season was notified very fast and started on a Monday. Many of the tag winners did not even have enough time to hunt cause it was over almost as fast as it started. We reached 200 wolf kills in less than 2 days. By noon the second day the DNR had to start closing the units fast cause of fear there would be more harvest than 200. The tree huggers count the wolves here in Wisconsin. They way under count the wolves on purpose, saying there are about 1,000 in the state. The wolf hunt all but proves there are a lot more than 1,000 wolves in the state cause there is no way 2,000 license winners can wipe out 20% of the population in 1 1/2 days of any species in such a short notice. Tree huggers lie about everything, even wolf numbers. ... And like one poster said, they are not that easy . He is right, I have yet to see one up in NW. Wis. where I have had land for 32 yrs. now.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,626
Posts18,455,133
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.