Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Here’s something I learned about trail camera’s. If you have it set for only 1 picture instead of 3 its hard to tell where that flash came from.
I used them to keep thieves from stealing fuel on a Logging operation.
I guess the infrared are pretty cheap nowadays.

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Put your cameras up high in a tree or on a post on the barn, most s-it bags wont look up. Heck even the game wardens around me have ladders in there truck just for that reason.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by ironbender
If you can, weld a steel box absent the bottom over the lock. Leave enough room to reach up to lock/unlock, but not enough room for any tools.

This is what we did on our rural property. Put a decoy lock on the shipping container "handles" just to show that they are locked. Eventually we stopped doing that because those decoy locks were always cut. I guess they never bothered to notice the lock box before doing that much... But they'd always be stopped by the lock box over the REAL lock. The place we bought the containers from did it as a standard upgrade. Even if the thieves pop the rivets and get the latches of the container open, the doors still won't open more than an inch or two due to the lock in the lockbox.

Edit to add: We've had no luck with any prosecution, even if we have vehicle descriptions and license plate numbers. Without trail cam evidence that they removed the chain and drove onto the property, it's he said/she said, and they "can't do anything." We haven't found an even relatively secure place to put a camera that wouldn't just get stolen, and yet would still have visibility to the driveway access point, so we haven't gone there yet. It's a PIA.

Sort of like this:

Last edited by Epochelyptikal; 03/09/21.

Yep.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Lock says there is somthing to steal.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I may have ran across the dumbest thief ever. I've got a velcro bed cover mainly to keep stuff dry and a locking tailgate. Yesterday someone tried to pry the tailgate open instead of just undoing the velcro to see what was in the bed.

IC B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Kellywk
I may have ran across the dumbest thief ever. I've got a velcro bed cover mainly to keep stuff dry and a locking tailgate. Yesterday someone tried to pry the tailgate open instead of just undoing the velcro to see what was in the bed.

Was there anything in the bed? Or do you now have to pay hundreds in body work on account of the thief's stupid for nothing?

Yep.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Epochelyptikal
Originally Posted by Kellywk

Was there anything in the bed? Or do you now have to pay hundreds in body work on account of the thief's stupid for nothing?

Not a single thing in the bed.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I leave my Topper unlocked and unlatched in hope the dummy will just open it and steal whatever attracted them without damaging my truck

Still think it should be legal to place a sniper with 22 or high powered air gun on overwatch in high theft areas.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
"That right officer, I was storing the bouncing betties in there and even put up a sign as a warning."

"Now I gotta clean up this mess. Shuda put the signs in Spanish too I guess -----"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.