Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Kdf22 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Not sure how many have heard of or used this service called Guntab. Just opening an account with them. If anyone has used, how was the experience? Looks like an improvement over PayPal.

https://www.guntab.com/

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
99% of the time, I contact the seller BEFORE I bid and ask if they will accept a personal check and up front tell them I am perfectly willing to wait for the check to clear. People here that know me trust me. I do not like giving a 3rd party my account information BUT have done so when there is no other way. I have bought 7 guns from gunbroker and 1 from guns international. ALL others have been face to face.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Paypal can SUK!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Does gun tab have buyer's fees?

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Paypal is a California based company that is anti gun.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I don't see the problem with mailing a check but some people are in a hurry. You can take cash to walmart and they'll transfer it for you. They give you a code that you give to the guy on the other end then he goes to walmart with that code and gets his cash. Last I knew there was no fee.

K
Kdf22 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
2.9% fee that is up to the buyer and seller as to who pays it. One or the other or split it. Money goes to an escrow setup so after the exchange of money and products and everyone is happy funds go thru. Three day inspections on guns too

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Esox357

Newsflash?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
EVERY deal I have done on the CF, rimfirecentral, or crateroutdoors has been either cash, check or USPO Money order................... coming and going!

Last edited by Muffin; 02/27/21.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A personal check gives a stranger lots of your banking info.

I send them to 'fire members I trust, that's about it.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Please, somebody find Killory so he can lecture about how using PP F&F is stealing.... I dig fast and easy PP transactions, and they don't have to make a cent when you're dealing with known folks, AKA friends. Done a couple hundred here. Sure beats the hell out of dicking around mailing chit. Done and paid for with a shipping label made with a tracking number in like 10 minutes from I'll Take It... Once someone insisted on using Venmo instead.... OK, they're owned by PP.... Whatever dudes.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have used Zelle, Venmo and Cash App. Just to receive for instant payment. No problems yet. My bank is pretty good about notifying us on any suspicious activity. I refuse to use the POS PayPal.

Last edited by papalondog; 02/27/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I don't see the problem with mailing a check but some people are in a hurry. You can take cash to walmart and they'll transfer it for you. They give you a code that you give to the guy on the other end then he goes to walmart with that code and gets his cash. Last I knew there was no fee.

There is a small fee, but it's a good method. I bought several S&W revolvers from one collector that way. The person on the other end gets their money as quick as they can get to WalMart and collect it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by papalondog
I have used Zelle, Venmo and Cash App. Just to receive for instant payment. No problems yet. My bank is pretty good about notifying us on any suspicious activity. I refuse to use the POS PayPal.

Venmo is PayPay. LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Jim1611

There is a small fee, but it's a good method. I bought several S&W revolvers from one collector that way. The person on the other end gets their money as quick as they can get to WalMart and collect it.

This method is news to me and sounds like another interesting alternative. I always let the buyer choose his preferred method of payment between mailing a personal check or a money order or sending payment via Paypal or Venmo. I will add this WalMart thing to my arsenal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Muffin
EVERY deal I have done on the CF, rimfirecentral, or crateroutdoors has been either cash, check or USPO Money order................... coming and going!

Muffin, I suggest you use a bank draft instead of USPS money order. Ask me why?

You'll know as soon as they lose one on you. YOU pay for them to look for it. And you have no avenue to get your money back until they "maybe" start the process 6 weeks later. F'ing incredible. No thanks.

You can cancel a lost bank draft with no problem.

I like walmart2walmart, but a lot of people don't know about it and are therefore reluctant.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Esox357

actually PayPal moved to Texas

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PayPal politics are biting them in the ass, not me.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Paypal will be and already has started requesting social security numbers. They locked my account 2 years ago and the only way of getting access was more info from me. They started down that same road the other day and my next info would have been my SSN. I deleted the account before they did that. I plan to NEVER use them again even if it means missing a sale or purchase.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Zelle or Venmo. I may be wrong but I don't think either offer buyer protection. Venmo is owned by paypal if that turns you off

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

611 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 007FJ, 1234, 16penny, 66 invisible), 2,088 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,272
Posts18,448,347
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.