Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by ingwe
Yeah Ive had pretty good luck with them. Course I kinda know how to act and comply, so I dont get shot like some folks!

Sounds like White Privilege to me.

Is there an Eskimo privilege in certain locales?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Got pulled over doing 83 in a 50 zone. After checking my license and CCW permit and talking some fishing back in Wis., he let me go w/out a citation.

Told me the state trooper up the road 20 miles would not be as nice.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah Ive had pretty good luck with them. Course I kinda know how to act and comply, so I dont get shot like some folks!

Ever been surrounded by 7 Sheriff deputies, with the helicopter circling overhead with the klieg lights on, one of the deputies a rookie with an itchy trigger finger on his 12 gauge, while having an 8 moth old. 80 lb, lab/rot/border collie/golden mix puppy on the bench seat with you?

All on a mistaken ID case?

The initial officer said I did everything correctly. He was a bit surprised about the dog though. Never knew he was there until I told him when he had me cuffed and wanted to walk back to the vehicle. I warned him he might get barked at. I just didn't want shot.

Last edited by Valsdad; 02/27/21.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by MPat70
As a former CHP officer I can attest:

Bottom line is a cop is there to enforce the law. If you are breaking the law then be a man and own up. 99% of people know they are breaking the law at the time of the offense. If you are respectful to them they will show the same to you. You get an attitude and the situation naturally escalates.

I have had numerous people talk themselves into a ticket in my day. Pull them over knowing you were going to give a warning and set them free then they start their schiff show and boom, ticket time, then escalates and arrest time. If a cop stops you for breaking the law then the cop has the legal authority & responsibility to control the situation.

I pulled a lady cop over for thumping a cigarette butt out at the stop light.

I let her off with a warning about mitigated littering and even let her slide on referring her to the HR over smoking in city govt vehicle.

Lucky for her I was in a good mood that day.

Would you have written her up if she'd been smoking a seegar?

In it is contentment

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Had a CHP pull me over one afternoon...had me dead to rights, speed, oil and dust totally obscured the license plate on the truck, no seat belt, cracked windshield, yada yada. In rooting for my drivers license, I set my NRA card on the hood, he picked it up, well, that's good enough, get all this stuff fixed and slow down, have a good day. It was.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I let her off with a warning about mitigated littering and even let her slide on referring her to the HR over smoking in city govt vehicle.

Should have tased her and told her to stop resistin' when she commenced to flip-floppin' like a banked catfish laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Being disguised as a gray-haired old man helps me keep out of trouble.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Had a CHP pull me over one afternoon...had me dead to rights, speed, oil and dust totally obscured the license plate on the truck, no seat belt, cracked windshield, yada yada. In rooting for my drivers license, I set my NRA card on the hood, he picked it up, well, that's good enough, get all this stuff fixed and slow down, have a good day. It was.

Modoc SO, pulled me over for no license plate lights near my house. Asked if there were any weapons in the car. I told him about the CCW permit and pistol in my pocket. His reply:

"You keep yours in your pocket, I'll keep mine holstered".

That doesn't generally happen in the bigger Cali cities.

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got called in one night for a stroke. My wife had just bought a new Honda Accord, and I decided to take it. Bar close time. My ride at the time was a Nissan Xterra.

I'm taking the ramp from 169 onto crosstown in Edina and was going what felt "kinda fast" to me, what woulda been 75 tops in my Xterra.

I see the lights behind me, and as I let off the gas I looked at the speedometer. It was above 100mph.

The Edina cop comes to my window and I'm hands on the wheel at 10-2, and start off saying I understand I was going waaaay too fast, am in a lot of trouble, but I'm on my way to the hospital to try and suck clot out of a stroke victim's brain and is there any way could I come back after the call-in?

Cop took my license and went back to his car for a REALLY long two minutes. He walks back and asks Dr or nurse, I reply nurse. He tells me it's a good thing I don't have any speeding tickets on my record and that I probably used up my luck in Edina forever: go take care of that patient.

Now I'm in awe thinking there was no way I wasn't at least getting a huge fine. I get to the call parking spots for IR at the radiation oncology entrance, and everyone else's vehicles are already there so I park and start running to the door fumbling for my badge.

As I'm trying to swipe my badge and open the door, I'm lit up by a floodlight like a deer. I'm looking over shielding my eyes and I hear "Mr xxxxxx, it's a good thing you were really on your to the hospital.'

Light off.

Trooper drives by waving.

My best guess is EPD had a State Trooper check if I was really going in on call. Either way, 20 years later I still drive through Edina under the assumption that my picture is posted in the break room with a sign saying "NO WARNINGS!!!!"

They are not all [bleep].

And I still wonder what happens if I answer MD?!?!??

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Bottom line is a cop is there to enforce the law. If you are breaking the law then be a man and own up. 99% of people know they are breaking the law at the time of the offense. If you are respectful to them they will show the same to you. You get an attitude and the situation naturally escalates.

I have had numerous people talk themselves into a ticket in my day. Pull them over knowing you were going to give a warning and set them free then they start their schiff show and boom, ticket time, then escalates and arrest time. If a cop stops you for breaking the law then the cop has the legal authority & responsibility to control the situation.

speaking of littering:

https://youtu.be/f-bz-kFyk8I

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Got pulled over speeding in Crystal River FL., do you know the speed limit he asks??? Yes, it's 60, then 55, and now 45...... He says 'you missed the 1st 45 sign'................ I said 'crap, my wife usually points that one out to me' she's in the right seat and starts chewing on my azz............. HE says 'maybe I should write her the ticket'................... that didn't help none.............

He said slow it down and let me go.......... KNOWING that she was gonna chew my azz all the way to Fort Myers...................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Sounds like White Privilege to me.

Is there an Eskimo privilege in certain locales?

Being a decent human being and not smarting off or lying to the cops is all part and parcel of White Privelige ......it must be..blacks don't have it.

Also helps if you're driving a car that belongs to you....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by poboy
Being disguised as a gray-haired old man helps me keep out of trouble.

TRUTH! I even zip through Border Patrol checkpoints in Texas. Old white guy driving a clean car with MT plates...they just weave me through...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by goalie
I got called in one night for a stroke. My wife had just bought a new Honda Accord, and I decided to take it. Bar close time. My ride at the time was a Nissan Xterra.
I'm taking the ramp from 169 onto crosstown in Edina and was going what felt "kinda fast" to me, what woulda been 75 tops in my Xter
I see the lights behind me, and as I let off the gas I looked at the speedometer. It was above 100mph.The Edina cop comes to my window and I'm hands on the wheel at 10-2, and start off saying I understand I was going waaaay too fast, am in a lot of trouble, but I'm on my way to the hospital to try and suck clot out of a stroke victim's brain and is there any way could I come back after the call-in?

Cop took my license and went back to his car for a REALLY long two minutes. He walks back and asks Dr or nurse, I reply nurse. He tells me it's a good thing I don't have any speeding tickets on my record and that I probably used up my luck in Edina forever: go take care of that patient.

Now I'm in awe thinking there was no way I wasn't at least getting a huge fine. I get to the call parking spots for IR at the radiation oncology entrance, and everyone else's vehicles are already there so I park and start running to the door fumbling for my badge.As I'm trying to swipe my badge and open the door, I'm lit up by a floodlight like a deer. I'm looking over shieldingmy eyes and I hear "Mr xxxxxx, it's a good thing you were really on your to the hospital.'

Light off.

Trooper drives by waving.My best guess is EPD had a State Trooper check if I was really going in on call. Either way, 20 years later I still drive through Edina under the assumption that my picture is posted in the break room with a sign saying "NO WARNINGS!!!!"

They are not all [bleep].And I still wonder what happens if I answer MD?!?!??

Man , you sound like family. I've taken that turn from 169 100,000 times. The internet is pretty cool.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
So, what about a red Corvette?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by goalie
I'm taking the ramp from 169 onto crosstown in Edina and was going what felt "kinda fast" to me, what woulda been 75 tops in my Xter
I see the lights behind me, and as I let off the gas I looked at the speedometer. It was above 100mph.The Edina cop comes to my window and I'm hands on the wheel at 10-2, and start off saying I understand I was going waaaay too fast, am in a lot of trouble, but I'm on my way to the hospital to try and suck clot out of a stroke victim's brain and is there any way could I come back after the call-in?

Now I'm in awe thinking there was no way I wasn't at least getting a huge fine. I get to the call parking spots for IR at the radiation oncology entrance, and everyone else's vehicles are already there so I park and start running to the door fumbling for my badge.As I'm trying to swipe my badge and open the door, I'm lit up by a floodlight like a deer. I'm looking over shieldingmy eyes and I hear "Mr xxxxxx, it's a good thing you were really on your to the hospital.'

Light off.

Trooper drives by waving.My best guess is EPD had a State Trooper check if I was really going in on call. Either way, 20 years later I still drive through Edina under the assumption that my picture is posted in the break room with a sign saying "NO WARNINGS!!!!"

They are not all [bleep].And I still wonder what happens if I answer MD?!?!??

Man , you sound like family. I've taken that turn from 169 100,000 times. The internet is pretty cool.

So you know how incredibly stupid it was to be going even 8mph over there.

Other than a study group incident in nursing school, it's probably the most luck I've ever had......

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Since Ive worked with LE,it is apparent that short succinct answers to their questions don't hurt, they don't need your life story. And yeah, own up. Ive gotten 3 speeding tickets in my life and they all went like this " I got you doing 77 in a 65 zone.."......'Where do I sign?' Simple.

Also learned a couple simple things during ride alongs with our K9 guys...

1. Pull off out of the way of traffic if possible

2. Keep your registration, insurance etc above your visor...DON'T reach into console or glove box for anything...

3. Turn on your overhead light when you get stopped at night so they can see what you are doing as they approach the vehicle.

4. Turn off your engine, throw keys up on the dash, put your hands on the steering wheel.

5. If you're carrying a weapon give them your CCW when you give the drivers license, and let them know...its called courtesy.

If you havent worked with LE, or know the ropes try and put yourself in their position. When I have gone along NOTHING scares me as bad as a routine traffic stop...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Wish I could say the same.

Seems I’m always getting hassled for expired tags, no insurance, driving drunk, or some other BS rule.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave

Seems I’m always getting hassled for expired tags, no insurance, driving drunk, or some other BS rule.

I hated it when they changed the seat belt and open container laws in Montana.

Now I gotta drink my beer out of a 7-11 go mug...

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by deflave

F'k 12!

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,511
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.