Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
A seller has an ad for items for sale with pictures and description...a buyer agrees to purchase these items. Once the buyer get these items he wants to renegotiate the price because he doesn’t believe the description was correct. So the seller says no renegotiating - just send the items back for a full refund.

The buyer says no. You send me my refund 1st. Then I’ll send your items.

What is the correct way to close this non sense. The seller even suggested send the items back with tracking and signature and the refund can even be PayPal so it’s instantaneous.

What’s the correct way? To settle this.

BP-B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Where is buyer seller dispute happening?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If I sold somebody something, a total stranger, and they wanted a refund, they'd have to return the item to me first. You won't walk into a store and demand a refund on an item you bought, and tell them to give you your money back and then you'll bring the item back to them.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
That safariman dude at it again???

D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by JamesJr
If I sold somebody something, a total stranger, and they wanted a refund, they'd have to return the item to me first. You won't walk into a store and demand a refund on an item you bought, and tell them to give you your money back and then you'll bring the item back to them.

Agreed.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With no contracts, there is no correct method.

Old person here, and I rarely purchase anything unseen. .

1Minute
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by DrDeath

Agreed.

Times 2

NRA Patron
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Well the buyer did have a description and photos. So it’s one persons description opinion against another. I get it. But don’t say you don’t like it but want to keep it and renegotiate the price after a sale. The seller said - I’ll refund your money. Just send it back. No problem.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ain't no re-negotiation. Take it or leave it.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

What is the value of the items in dispute?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Settle it like this

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by DrDeath

Agreed.

Times 2

Times 3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Send item(s) back first.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You send that refund, you'll never see the goods again. Won't happen, no chance.
The ball is in the buyers court. Either send them back or keep them, have a fine day either way Cupcake.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve had a douchebag or 2 over the years attempt to “renegotiate” once they received the item. Their attempts were in vein because I will NOT renegotiate after the fact. If it was an oversight on my end I would refund the total price including shipping. As the seller I was the one that ran the sale and decided the terms, not the buyer. If the buyer doesn’t want the item for the agreed upon price then it’s on them to notify the seller and arrange the return. I would never issue a refund without having the item in hand or at the very least in transit with the shipper. The buyer DOES NOT dictate the terms of the sale or the terms of the return. If the buyer wants to play ass wipe and thinks that they have any say as to how the return works then they get to keep the item and kiss my ass....it’s a win-win for them. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
On ebay, it's full refund or nothing, no negotiating price or adjustments after the sale.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As the seller i get something back before I send a single cent of refund. Period.

As the buyer I've only try to renegotiate when the item was grossly mis advertised and the buyer purposely attempted to hide it. This is when dealing with a site like Eflea where bad feedback is at stake,opening a complaint,etc. Here i consider it an AS IS deal.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I've always had good luck by making phone calls before sending money or goods. Especially if it's an unknown member.

Pick up the phone, discuss the matter. Get a feel for who you're doing business with.

That said, I wouldn't send any money until goods are in hand.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Agency & Contract Law has been settled for over a 100 years.

D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
You send that refund, you'll never see the goods again. Won't happen, no chance.
The ball is in the buyers court. Either send them back or keep them, have a fine day either way Cupcake.

I have to agree. It’s up to the buyer to return. Would any business give you money before they get the item back?? No!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
424 members (10ring1, 1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 43 invisible), 2,145 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.