Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Ammo has hit an all time high, I suspect most people have dialed back their shooting. So why are guns going up? I just can't wrap my mind around it.

Last edited by DouginLa; 02/27/21.
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JoHo.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 16bore
JoHo.

It started before them...

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
LOL

I'm not looking to start anything, just trying to understand, so give me more than a LOL please.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Election & Covid is my thinking. Demand is high & production low. Remington going under didn't help. People panic buying Remingtons & Marlins. Seems as time slips us by most mass production lessens in quality. Can remember as a child walking in gun shops and seeing the highly polished walnut & deep bluing. Now its mostly all matte finishes, matte walnut, & synthetics. Everything now is MOA guarantees to take a blow fly off a dog turd at 300 yards. My guess is 95% or more of gun owners cannot use a firearm to its full accuracy potential. My self I am a walnut/deep bluing man. I enjoy holding a firearm that feels good and of which I am proud of. But, yes I do own ARs, M1As, & pistols that are synthetic/parkarized/etc that I enjoy but they are not the prized possessions that caught the eyes of my youth. I feel as time draws by as happened in the past the AR market will drop out again. Wasn't but a couple years ago shelves were packed with ARs by Ruger, S&W, Armalite(Eagle Arms), etc going for $500+/-. It will come again IMO

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Election & Covid is my thinking. Demand is high & production low. Remington going under didn't help. People panic buying Remingtons & Marlins. Seems as time slips us by most mass production lessens in quality. Can remember as a child walking in gun shops and seeing the highly polished walnut & deep bluing. Now its mostly all matte finishes, matte walnut, & synthetics. Everything now is MOA guarantees to take a blow fly off a dog turd at 300 yards. My guess is 95% or more of gun owners cannot use a firearm to its full accuracy potential. My self I am a walnut/deep bluing man. I enjoy holding a firearm that feels good and of which I am proud of. But, yes I do own ARs, M1As, & pistols that are synthetic/parkarized/etc that I enjoy but they are not the prized possessions that caught the eyes of my youth. I feel as time draws by as happened in the past the AR market will drop out again. Wasn't but a couple years ago shelves were packed with ARs by Ruger, S&W, Armalite(Eagle Arms), etc going for $500+/-. It will come again IMO

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thank you BladeRimefire for that info, been thru this with clinton and oboma, I guess I wasn't paying attention, don't remember guns going up like they are, just ammo.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Civil Unrest/Riots - People feel unsafe and buy and unprecedented amount of guns.

Election won by the Democrats - They want to get rid of guns and people want to buy guns before they’re banned.

Covid - People are laid off, factories shut down, production of components to built many products are affected, and in one way or another gun production is not able to keep with current demand.

My humble opinion.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It really started with the riots & looting from blm & antifa. Civil unrest is the biggest driving factor since honest citizens are afraid that the unrest will eventually make it into their neighborhoods.

The left did not want to criminalize the looting & rioting of any potential voter with the election right around the corner and democrat leaders started to push for defunding the police.

What played out in CHAZ & Portland in general, where the mayor ordered the cops to stand down even while their own precincts were vandalized & overrun. Policies where offenders are released from jail with no bail had emboldened the lawlessness while stoking the fear of honest hard working citizens.

Basically, When civil unrest is a credible threat & criminals are granted hero status then the honest citizen will resort to any means to protect their families. In many cases the first means is to arm themselves.

With the highest demand for weapons is at an all time high and the manufacturers cannot keep up with that demand, then prices naturally raises. Supply and demand!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sabe73
Civil Unrest/Riots - People feel unsafe and buy and unprecedented amount of guns.

Election won by the Democrats - They want to get rid of guns and people want to buy guns before they’re banned.

Covid - People are laid off, factories shut down, production of components to built many products are affected, and in one way or another gun production is not able to keep with current demand.

My humble opinion.....

^this^ .... And to add to it. In the past administrations you didn't see the on the street in your neighborhood in your face confrontations, beatings, out to dinner intimidation, or just walking down the street, defund the police, let the criminals out of jail. No one is coming if you call 911, the law abiding citizen wants to protect him/herself and family.

Mostly peaceful protests, with the city burning in the back ground. The average person, no matter the party affiliation sees the writing on the wall.

Ed
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks all, new all that, watch the news every day, just didn't put it all together. Now I feel like a fool for asking a question I already new the answer to.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
My 1st "opinion post" on the fire... I usually lurk around in the classifieds and the rim fire forums... but it's a slow pitch right over the plate...I'm going to go off topic on this after my opinion, but here goes...

Folks are hedging that; The current administration, US congress, and state legislatures are hell bent on denying the electorate, access to, the right to possess, and ability to freely transfer firearms as broadly granted by the Second Amendment of our nation's Constitution.

Consequently, a record number of said electorate ( an "election swaying" number I humbly opine) have exercised this right, and the generally held and accepted laws of supply and demand have taken root in the marketplace.

Covid 19, and the national condition directly pertaining to manufacturing may be playing some role in this particular market, however those of us old enough to recall previous administrations and the body politic's attempts to curtail constitutional privileges will attest this an indisputable "Deja vu" moment in our nation's history.

All being said, I faithfully pray, the aforementioned efforts are unsuccessful, and likewise fall into the dust bin of previous campaigns bent on impingement of constitutional rights, for which too many of our unselfish forefathers, mothers, brothers and sisters have died to maintain.

God Bless the United States of America. Amen.

NRA Life Member
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Panic buying due to civil unrest on a national scale just months before a presidential election in the midst of a pandemic shutdown.
Remington folds. First time gun ownership at an all time high and each new owner buys east one box of ammo. Ammo production is way up now but still cannot keep up with demand.

I much preferred the TP shortage of 2020.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MPat70
It really started with the riots & looting from blm & antifa. Civil unrest is the biggest driving factor since honest citizens are afraid that the unrest will eventually make it into their neighborhoods.

The left did not want to criminalize the looting & rioting of any potential voter with the election right around the corner and democrat leaders started to push for defunding the police.

What played out in CHAZ & Portland in general, where the mayor ordered the cops to stand down even while their own precincts were vandalized & overrun. Policies where offenders are released from jail with no bail had emboldened the lawlessness while stoking the fear of honest hard working citizens.

Basically, When civil unrest is a credible threat & criminals are granted hero status then the honest citizen will resort to any means to protect their families. In many cases the first means is to arm themselves.

With the highest demand for weapons is at an all time high and the manufacturers cannot keep up with that demand, then prices naturally raises. Supply and demand!!

Nailed it.

Biden Fear came later, and nailed it down good.

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MPat70

I think it started even earlier. A year ago when you couldn't go into a grocery store and buy any fresh meat/pork/chicken and of course TP, lots of folks who'd always been in the "Police will protect me camp" decided it was time for them to take a modicum of responsibility for their own safety and defense. The civil unrest and election threw gasoline on an already burning fire.

Last edited by horse1; 02/27/21.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
FOMO marketing as well and a false demand.

Fear of missing out. Thinking they item will not be available in the near future or will be a lot more expensive. Somewhat rational in today’s world but also creates its own issues.

False demand by people purchasing supplies and items they don’t need to make a profit. I don’t mind a free market but if you don’t need the item and you purchase all or as much as possible to simply horde it then it creates false demand due to the illusion there’s limited supply.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

GUNS ARE CHEAP ! My Dad bought a new 1958 Chevy Pickup for $1500, A New M-12 Was $100 then. Today that same pickup is $55 to $75 GRAND!
Now that should mean a M-12 IN EXCELLENT Shape should sell for about $4 GRAND.They don't, plus all other Guns are not selling for what they should.
Guns have not gone up in price like every thing else.
With that being said, GUNS ARE CHEAP !

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yes and no to all the above. The bottom line is people don't trust the government, now mostly controlled buy the very one that forced police to stand down by the same people that vow to disarm us, crush the NRA and if they cannot do that simply add abusive and unrealistic restrictions, licenses and taxes.

I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcycle
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Harry, they are not the same trucks. No ac, no on board computers, no back up cameras, no power seats etc, need I go on??? Not near the progression in firearms.... well, other than plastic stocks that are barely better than a nylon 66.....

Last edited by John_Boy; 02/27/21.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (300_savage, 264mag, Anaconda, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,622 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,434
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.