Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
F
Wyocation.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On Bear tooth highway in WY, the car smelled like chlorine. It was coming out of the wife's skin. She had not been in a swimming pool in a while. She was outgassing.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I outgas on long drives too but it doesn’t smell like chlorine.

jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Anteloper

2:
No one is likely to flip you off or cut you off or shoot at you without provocation.

You must have got rid of your Kali license plates and put Wyoming plates on your car. grin

[Linked Image]
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Honestly what is Wyoming like, weather wise? I know winters aren't exactly mild but how long and harsh is it?

Its not that bad. Wyoming can sure be windy. and portions, especially the I-80 corridor are not friendly for trucks and high profile vehicles. We snowmobile in the winter, so we look forward to it as much as any other season.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I often go fishing in Wyoming.... like it quite a bit.

One older guy was commenting about how he had lived in Wyoming for years and said he likes it pretty well. He was asked what he liked best about it..... he said “Winters in Arizona!”

Last edited by TF49; 02/27/21.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
How did such a awesome state end up with Lyn Chaney! I love Montana more than Wyoming but Wyoming is second then Idaho for my three favorite out west states !

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My sons DIL and grandchildren live there, I will get there soon!

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by dgr416
How did such a awesome state end up with Lyn Chaney! I love Montana more than Wyoming but Wyoming is second then Idaho for my three favorite out west states !

Name recognition goes a long way.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Wyoming is a beautiful state but the wind is definitely a factor......makes NE seem mild!

[Linked Image]

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Tough up man. It’s not that cold. Last weekend we were only -39 Friday and -40 Saturday. Sunday was a very nice 16.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Popular Wyoming bumper sticker.... Wyoming, it ain’t for everybody. Pretty simple and to the point.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love wide open spaces, am OK with snow and even deep cold.... but high winds drive me nuts.

Please don't feed the trolls!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I live in Eastern Idaho and try to talk my wife into moving to Alpine, Afton, or somewhere around Star Valley. She won't even consider it. She says the winters are too bad. I'd like to move there for the lower taxes. Idaho is not a low tax state. I pay close to 8% state income tax that Wyoming doesn't have and Idaho's sales tax is 6% on pretty much everything.

I think the hunting is better in Wyoming too. I've put in for rifle antelope tags for over 30 years in Idaho and have only drawn 1. Most years I had to shoot them with my bow because the rifle tags are so hard to get.

Bb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our house in WY will be finished next week. I retire tomorrow. Wife grew up there and we have been going back 25 years now.
I am an avid outdoorsman and thrive on outdoor challenge... but can say that the WY wind kicks my azz.
In Missouri, 30 mph winds are strong. In Wyoming, that's just a slight breeze. Nothing to see 65-85 mph sustained winds there. We had 85 sustained and 100 mph gusts a few weeks ago there. We head to the basement in those kind of winds here in MO! LOL. Thirty below is one thing... 30 below with 60 mph winds is an invigorating experience!
Selfishly, much of my move decision to move there was to get away from rude people, meth heads, and crowds. WY weather does a fair job of keeping these under control. 😁 One of our favorite camping spots in the mountains, it isn't uncommon to be in the upper twenties, low thirties at night... in July and August!

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Lived in Gillette for 10 years, could rope steers nearly every day. Thanks to the Cam Plex. Liked the people too.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
Our house in WY will be finished next week. I retire tomorrow. Wife grew up there and we have been going back 25 years now.
I am an avid outdoorsman and thrive on outdoor challenge... but can say that the WY wind kicks my azz.
In Missouri, 30 mph winds are strong. In Wyoming, that's just a slight breeze. Nothing to see 65-85 mph sustained winds there. We had 85 sustained and 100 mph gusts a few weeks ago there. We head to the basement in those kind of winds here in MO! LOL. Thirty below is one thing... 30 below with 60 mph winds is an invigorating experience!
Selfishly, much of my move decision to move there was to get away from rude people, meth heads, and crowds. WY weather does a fair job of keeping these under control. 😁 One of our favorite camping spots in the mountains, it isn't uncommon to be in the upper twenties, low thirties at night... in July and August!

You really have to change your mindset & accept the wind or it’ll drive you crazy. It’s easy to take it personally when you’re trying to accomplish some outdoor task & it seems to wait for the perfect moment to F with you.

Depends also which part of the state you’re in. I’m in the southwest & horrible wind is sorta seasonal. June seems constant, other times it’s not even 50% of the week. Over East it seems to be much more aggressive.

Which part are you going to?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The 1st thing anyone needs to do if they want to move ANYWHERE is assume you will have to get used to, AND ACCEPT (even enjoy) how the weather and conditions are.

I can't accept large crowds and therefore I would not move to any large city in spite of the fact that 3 times in my life I was offered jobs in large cities that payed over $100.000 a year. To me that amount of money is not worth my happiness. Same with weather. So how "bad" is it here in the winter is all about what someone thinks is "bad".

Yeah it's cold here most winters. Yeah we have wind. So what?!?

What we don't have is a high crime rate (other then the rez), heavy pollution, acceptance of rudeness as normal, traffic jams, high taxes and all those things that those people in other states say "are not that bad".
"That bad"
is far more about a mind set and not something that be measured........ like a Richter Scale comparing earth quakes. I bet everyone would agree that a 4.2 earth quake is not bad but a 10.3 is bad.
But, is -35F and 2% humidity "bad" but +98F and 99% humidity is not??????

Depends on who you ask.

If "bad" just something I have to put a heavy coat on to avoid, I see it as a win as compared to what most others have to endure in their city living life style. They look at me and think "why would you want to live there" ------------------and I think the exact same thing about them.

Last edited by szihn; 02/28/21.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
True as heck!

When I first moved here I thought I’d have hated to commute in ice & snow my whole life, until someone said they wouldn’t trade it for the stop & go traffic I did endure. I did not have to consider that point long to realize they were right!

BTW, I bet you are the szihn who made this?
https://postimg.cc/gallery/3WDCRrx

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had my place surveyed and found it was all in South Dakota. I was so relieved, that Wyoming weather will drive you nuts. Wind and cold and in the summer you don't need a stove just fry eggs on the hood of your car.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 809 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.