24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some greedy f'cks get there jolly's from wanting to negotiate after the deal is "done". It seems to be a common thing in Indiana.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DrDeath
Originally Posted by TF49
A seller has an ad for items for sale with pictures and description...a buyer agrees to purchase these items. Once the buyer get these items he wants to renegotiate the price because he doesn’t believe the description was correct. So the seller says no renegotiating - just send the items back for a full refund.
The buyer says no. You send me my refund 1st. Then I’ll send your items.
What is the correct way to close this non sense. The seller even suggested send the items back with tracking and signature and the refund can even be PayPal so it’s instantaneous.
What’s the correct way? To settle this.

I think I’m with Alvah on this.I bought a rifle off of Gunbroker. The seller, a guy presumably named Alan Bunn, sent me the wrong rifle. Supposed to be blued with a threaded barrel. He sent a non-threaded stainless rifle. I took pictures and sent the pics to him.. he wanted me to send the rifle back to him so he could verify it was the wrong rifle.....told him no, send me the correct rifle... (and he still had an active listing for the correct rifle.)...... and btw, you owe 50 bucks for all the extra cost of shipping and ffl fees. He was adamant that I send the rifle to him first.... nope, told him he was already shifty and then he would have the rifle as well as my payment.
So, I left him an “F” rating and sold the stainless rifle.
Sometimes there isn’t much satisfaction to be gained.

I think he should of gotten his rifle back 1st.

While he still had an active listing for the rifle he was supposed to have shipped to TF49? Uhmm, No.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MPat70
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I've always had good luck by making phone calls before sending money or goods. Especially if it's an unknown member.

Pick up the phone, discuss the matter. Get a feel for who you're doing business with.

That said, I wouldn't send any money until goods are in hand.

How many times have you shipped an expensive item without receiving the payment first? Not trying to bust your balls just curious. I personally will never send an item until the money is received first?

Several. Doesn't bother me at all, usually. But I always want a phone number and to talk to the other party before hand if I have an iota of doubt.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TF49
A seller has an ad for items for sale with pictures and description...a buyer agrees to purchase these items. Once the buyer get these items he wants to renegotiate the price because he doesn’t believe the description was correct. So the seller says no renegotiating - just send the items back for a full refund.

The buyer says no. You send me my refund 1st. Then I’ll send your items.

What is the correct way to close this non sense. The seller even suggested send the items back with tracking and signature and the refund can even be PayPal so it’s instantaneous.

What’s the correct way? To settle this.

I think I’m with Alvah on this.

I bought a rifle off of Gunbroker. The seller, a guy presumably named Alan Bunn, sent me the wrong rifle. Supposed to be blued with a threaded barrel. He sent a non-threaded stainless rifle. I took pictures and sent the pics to him.. he wanted me to send the rifle back to him so he could verify it was the wrong rifle.....told him no, send me the correct rifle... (and he still had an active listing for the correct rifle.)...... and btw, you owe 50 bucks for all the extra cost of shipping and ffl fees. He was adamant that I send the rifle to him first.... nope, told him he was already shifty and then he would have the rifle as well as my payment.

So, I left him an “F” rating and sold the stainless rifle.

Sometimes there isn’t much satisfaction to be gained.

GB can be a crap shoot. If the pictures aren't clear, I don't buy, since GB won't do anything to help the buyer if there is a dispute between a buyer and a seller. I bought a Savage 170 for a kid in VT a few years back from a pawn shop in Gadsden, AL, that had a rust spot in the barrel about 4" from the muzzle. I had specifically asked about the condition of the bore and received an email reporting that it was in excellent condition. When I received the rifle that bore was so dirty that it was clear that the seller never looked at the bore. He wouldn't take it back, so I filed a complaint with the BBB and the seller responded by contacting GB to get me banned from the site. Neither BBB, nor GB, did anything.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
after a deal is done its the end .just STFU

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I had guys do that frequently enough that my reply was short and succinct. It quoted the stated return policy that included a 3 day no fault inspection guarantee and finished with send it back. When they continued to try to Jew me down I simply replied “Send it back”. They didn’t get any satisfaction from my attitude one way or the other. I didn’t indulge their desire for an online pen pal The buyer had 3 days from when he took possession to return it for a full refund, it wasn’t a 3 day reverse auction or mediation. The buyer was responsible for shipping it back to us. As soon as I received it back into the log book I immediately refunded the money. Most times they paid by credit card so it was simple.

Very, very, very few ever sent it back. I knew that barring damage in shipment the item was better than described. One time I sold a beautiful old Citori that had a hidden imperfection and I felt that I should’ve known about it and it was NOT as described and that was my fault. I refunded his entire cost including shipping and transfer fee he incurred on his end. My reputation is worth far more than any profit I might make on a sale so if I ever questioned myself I erred on the side of the customer.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JamesJr
If I sold somebody something, a total stranger, and they wanted a refund, they'd have to return the item to me first. You won't walk into a store and demand a refund on an item you bought, and tell them to give you your money back and then you'll bring the item back to them.

This is the correct response.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I bought 2 ziess scopes a few years back ,they were fake ,called the seller he said send them back for a refund,no you send my money back ,then I will send scopes back,he sent the money back and I sent his scopes back, I think this only happened because he knew they were fake from the start,

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I want my money back, then will return the merchandise when I say so....

What fugging planet do these types come from.

The terms " as is" "examine pictures for condition"
"Additional pictures on request"
And " no returns all sales final" or "3 day exam return policy"

Are ones that sellers need to include at times and terms buyers need to see.

JMO.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
679 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,083 guests, and 1,436 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.