-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We used to go there some in the early to mid-nineties during March. Seems they had a parade in the Quarter every evening and they were tossing candy and necklaces and condoms off the floats (my oldest who was about 4 at the time loved it). Lotta history and good food. We’d get a bigass frozen daiquiri and just walk around. I remember going to a big open space/park by the zoo and there was a marker there that said they used to have duels out there. Even went to the SHOT Show there. I like it for a few days or so, then I’m ready to bounce.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very cool. Interesting account of your 31 mile weekend morning loop, and thanks for all the pix to bring it to life. Probably be May before I get my bike out due to this weather phenomenon known as winter. Here on the south side of the great lakes we have this international weather sharing agreement with southern Canada but when spring really does arrive the bike will be ready. Those pictures got me thinking spring, tomorrow's gonna be March, which ain't spring yet around here but it's one month closer.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Cool! Looks like you're making the best out of living there.

Nice bike!

I try. The fishing is some of the best on the planet. I need to do more of it.

How did the fish fare through the latest Vortex, Paul?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bike riders are the vegans of the road.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Cool! Looks like you're making the best out of living there.

Nice bike!

I try. The fishing is some of the best on the planet. I need to do more of it.

How did the fish fare through the latest Vortex, Paul?

No problem at all. It stacked them up in deep water and made them easy to catch.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by xarcher
Paul, you're killin me. Waiting on the spring thaw here in western PA. I live in a mixed farming/residential area that is still asleep on most Saturday and Sunday mornings. I have a 25 mile loop on roads with great sight lines and very little traffic. Some mornings I might only see 20 or so vehicles counting both directions throughout the 25 miles. I've never been run off the road and everyone gives me a safe space. The worst thing to ever happen is a dog off leash now and then but have never been attacked.

Oh and for those who poke fun at riding shorts, you see most bicyclists are so well endowed that they need to keep things intact whilst on the little seat.

Your area sounds like where my camp is. There are very few autos. Bikes are so common on weekend mornings and riders so friendly that a great harmony exists between cyclists and motorists. Any kind of problem is very rare.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Showdog75
This is my bike the day I started building it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Lynskey bikes are built here in the city I live in. They were Litespeed before selling and waiting 3 years(NCC) and starting Lynskey.

I have 2 Lynskeys and a Litespeed. I visited the Litespeed factory. It was pretty cool. There is another Litespeed on my radar. One to keep at the camp.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WBT
Very cool pictures. Coincidentally, I just ordered a Lynskey the other day.

Which one did you get? They normally run a 20-30% off sale each spring. I want to build a Lynskey gravel bike or order a Litespeed Gravel bike. I am going to sit back and wait though.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Very cool. Interesting account of your 31 mile weekend morning loop, and thanks for all the pix to bring it to life. Probably be May before I get my bike out due to this weather phenomenon known as winter. Here on the south side of the great lakes we have this international weather sharing agreement with southern Canada but when spring really does arrive the bike will be ready. Those pictures got me thinking spring, tomorrow's gonna be March, which ain't spring yet around here but it's one month closer.

As many have mentioned, NOLA isn't a great place to live, but we don't have to complain about winter. We don't have a boating or a cycling season.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Thanx for wearing a shirt where you can be seen.
On our local twisty/hilly roads the dumba$$ riders wear all black and rid early dark, or late dark and are VERY hard to see.
Yes I ride to, but not as far on smoothies on a MTN bike.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B3

W
WBT Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
GR300 with a couple upgrades and 20% off. It ended up being one of the least expensive gravel bikes I was looking at.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the ride Paul. I got to visit New Orleans in January 2010. My oldest Son did a 5 month externship at the Marriot on Canal St. and I went down to help him move back. He took me around to a bunch of hole in the wall places to eat. The food was fantastic! I'd like to return some day just for the food.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WBT
GR300 with a couple upgrades and 20% off. It ended up being one of the least expensive gravel bikes I was looking at.

That's the one I want to build. They had some GR300 external cable frames on closeout last year with a higher polish finish and blue graphics I could have grabbed for $1300. I hesitated like a dumbazz. If this is your first Ti bike, I think you are going to love it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Thanks for the ride Paul. I got to visit New Orleans in January 2010. My oldest Son did a 5 month externship at the Marriot on Canal St. and I went down to help him move back. He took me around to a bunch of hole in the wall places to eat. The food was fantastic! I'd like to return some day just for the food.

Man, the food really is good. Sometimes I joke that I ride to eat, and it's not far from the truth.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Bytch has me on ignore . Biden votin’ clam

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
My wife and I went to NOLA on our honeymoon. Great place for stay for a few days. Really enjoyed the plantations, swamp tour, the food, and the WWII museum. From what I can remember, we watched some A’s playoff baseball game at a bar a little off the beaten path. Not sure why I didn’t remember it...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by robertham1
My wife and I went to NOLA on our honeymoon. Great place for stay for a few days. Really enjoyed the plantations, swamp tour, the food, and the WWII museum. From what I can remember, we watched some A’s playoff baseball game at a bar a little off the beaten path. Not sure why I didn’t remember it...

lololol. Gotta have the wings and loaded fries. Club Decatur.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by WBT

Which one did you get? They normally run a 20-30% off sale each spring. I want to build a Lynskey gravel bike or order a Litespeed Gravel bike. I am going to sit back and wait though.

What is a gravel bike? Fat tire?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by WBT

What is a gravel bike? Fat tire?

It's a drop bar road bike with relaxed geometry and wider tires. Pretty good for the area near my camp where miles of gravel forest service roads are connected by stretches of tarmac.

W
WBT Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
A gravel bike is essentially a road bike with more aggressive tires. The tires are lower pressure, have more sidewall and treads that allow them to go over broken pavement, dirt, gravel, etc.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

249 members (19rabbit52, 16penny, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 34 invisible), 2,182 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,172
Posts18,465,366
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.