Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by CCCC
Every LEO I know personally is a great stand-tall person - but it looks like there is a lot of other stuff out there these days. Maybe it's just my failing eyesight?
Maybe it's where you're looking.
Well, no maybe about it - it IS where I am looking - which is far and wide. Not difficult to come across a very wide range of LE behaviors these days just by paying attention to the broad spectrum of events and reports.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 700LH
Police officer is number 22 of the 25 most dangerous jobs in America.

https://www.ishn.com/articles/112748-top-25-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-united-states.

The trade I did forever was higher on that list but I never heard anyone whine about it

Lot of dangerous jobs in America, most of em don't require the local businesses to give em free coffee, donuts and sheit.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

https://www.ishn.com/articles/112748-top-25-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-united-states.

The trade I did forever was higher on that list but I never heard anyone whine about it

I did not know that being a dress wearing transvestite was a dangerous profession. A lot die from AIDS?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Construction power line work is rated due to remote areas. Not many medical workers up on the mountain pass where we were building steel towers and hanging cable.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got the same advice 23 years ago from my field training officer and I’ve passed it along as well.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Already at #2, but whats the death rate
for Heli-pilots that specifically operate
in DMC zone logging or powerlines.

Most LEO could not make the grade to be
such a prof.pilot , but that's a blessing in
disguise which they should be greatful for
rather than complain about the dangers
of being a cop.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JimmyGrace
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Construction power line work is rated due to remote areas. Not many medical workers up on the mountain pass where we were building steel towers and hanging cable.

Nowadays they use a lot of helo support in that industry around where I’m at, so I’d imagine they could get somebody medevaced out pretty quick. But I think that’s a relatively new development and I’m not saying it ain’t dangerous work; I know it is.

The guys that I knew who died in that industry were flying the helicopters.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven’t had time to read the thread, so the comments I make are my own, coming from the LEOs I’ve known over the years, and my own experience.
First off, my Dad wasn’t a rich guy by any stretch. But he taught me that honesty and self respect are more important than any dollar or amount of dollars.
As I’ve said, I’ve known some good cops, who served for the community, and I’ve known some who thought being a cop made them extra special. God’s gift to law enforcement.
Usually that was the case with youngsters, who mellowed out with age and became respected by everyone, but some never got over it.
And I’ll say that the younger generation now serving as LEOs did not grow up in the America that us older guys did, and probably don’t have the same feelings of patriotism and love of country that you older folks and I learned.
If I were a cop now, I’d have resigned a long time ago.
It’s as plain as the noose on your face what’s coming. The current LEOs are soon going to decide wether they work for the people who pay their paycheck, or the people who sign their paycheck. The two are becoming mutually exclusive.
If you’re more worried about a pension than you are America and her people, you are not anyone I’d consider a friend, and when, not if, your paycheck and your pension requires you to pose a threat to my person, my family, or my rights given by God Himself, I will do my very best to make you see the error of your ways.
I still recall Capital Police Officers forcing American Veterans away from the WW2 and Korean Monuments under Obama’s shutdown.
If you don’t see the problem there, I got nothing to say to you.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Shot by who? They generally shoot themselves and each other more than being shot otherwise. Not that blue backers actually care about them.

Being a cop is about as dangerous as they make it. If they keep going as they are it will get more dangerous. Maybe someday they will have to be as brave as those in more dangerous jobs; like garbage men.

And please don't expect them to have the fortitude of a logger. They'd run around swinging a chainsaw at everyone crying that they're scared of the trees.

Who is this steaming pile of excrement?

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by WAM
Damn! I carry a 7.62 REPR along in my pickup more for the popo than myself, crazy times getting a lot crazier.

Wtf does that mean?

Means if I happen along and see popo wadded up fighting for his life i'll kill whatever is trying to take his.

G5, many of us assumed that to be the meaning.

mike r

LOL, Yes Sir, don't even have to know or like the Copper, simply will not drive past that level of lawless tyranny, never have, never will. smile

Gunner Bro,

Didn’t take much for some of us to understand what you meant. And feel the same.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by JimmyGrace

Originally Posted by deflave
Most of the departments and agencies out there express some level of support for BLM.

It doesn’t help.

At all.

^^^
People need to ponder this statement deeply to understand what deep s h i t we’re in now in this country politically. Conservatives are a kunnt hair close to losing the whole nation.

The USA has largely become The Land of the Sheep, almost fully indoctrinated by the Left into accepting feminism, phagism, multiculturalism & jism-ism.

The military is PC phugged up too.

I was just going to reply to Mr. D’s comments, but I think you are on the money as well. For DeFlave, I’d say it’s mostly at the higher political levels, but we know how the influence and dept. protocols filter down and impact the rank & file.

The military...I retired in 2004 after 26 years and I’m fuggin shocked at some of the schitt I see and hear from today’s rainbow brigade.

I also fear for both sides when those Red Flag laws and whatever else is coming down the pike pits good LEOs against serious patriots because there will be no winners in that exchange, except the left wingers.

Finally Mr. CT, love you understanding of the human nature and you leadership of the green ones.

Prayers to all of my brothers out there. Good time to be retired and I feel your pain when we look back on those still serving in their respective public service careers.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
People need to stand up and defend LEOs when they are in trouble...

when I moved here in 1995, I took a shotgun and put myself in harms way to detract a perp who was trying to get the jump on two Oregon State Troopers, to shoot them..
If I hadn't been there, he would have....

I felt like it was the thing to do, but then again, I am a military vet and dependent...it was in my blood...

what bothered me tho, is both troopers came by my house a week later, to thank me.. and when they did, they told me that most people usually stand up to defend troopers when their lives are threatened.. I didn't feel like a hero, but it bothered me greatly that not much of the public would stand up to defend a Trooper or LEO when their lives are put in a threatened situation...

My father in law was a MN state Trooper for 33 years, it was much safer during his career than it is for LEOs in todays world... that is ridiculous...

A trooper would stand up to defend us, so why can't people return the favor???

sometimes, our society sucks....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Between 45 and 60 officers are killed every year by hostile gunfire. If the trend were to continue, that would be about 66. That would be higher than normal top-end.

The only reason it's that low is because of body armor. In the 1970s that number was in the 120s. Assaults are up but we are surviving because of better tactics and body armor.

Very true. I’ve had more uses of force in the last 5 years than I had in the previous 10.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cops will shoot a homeowner for not putting
his gun down when rightfully defending his
property and family , yet some want the same
citizens to go out of their way to help LE.

Sounds like a cops are more special than anyone
else attitude.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

If you notice all of the top 25 most dangerous jobs except for number 22 the leading cause of death or injury is accidental. The leading cause for good ole number 22 is intentional harm by others. That is a HUGE difference

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pacecars

If you notice all of the top 25 most dangerous jobs except for number 22 the leading cause of death or injury is accidental. The leading cause for good ole number 22 is intentional harm by others. That is a HUGE difference

Dead is dead, they all chose that occupation

Like gunner and the cows, ya mess with the bull enough, good chance your gonna get the horn.

Then we have the snivelers like Rita. Gawdallmighty, can you imagine someone like that in LE?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I haven’t had time to read the thread, so the comments I make are my own, coming from the LEOs I’ve known over the years, and my own experience.
First off, my Dad wasn’t a rich guy by any stretch. But he taught me that honesty and self respect are more important than any dollar or amount of dollars.
As I’ve said, I’ve known some good cops, who served for the community, and I’ve known some who thought being a cop made them extra special. God’s gift to law enforcement.
Usually that was the case with youngsters, who mellowed out with age and became respected by everyone, but some never got over it.
And I’ll say that the younger generation now serving as LEOs did not grow up in the America that us older guys did, and probably don’t have the same feelings of patriotism and love of country that you older folks and I learned.
If I were a cop now, I’d have resigned a long time ago.
It’s as plain as the noose on your face what’s coming. The current LEOs are soon going to decide wether they work for the people who pay their paycheck, or the people who sign their paycheck. The two are becoming mutually exclusive.
If you’re more worried about a pension than you are America and her people, you are not anyone I’d consider a friend, and when, not if, your paycheck and your pension requires you to pose a threat to my person, my family, or my rights given by God Himself, I will do my very best to make you see the error of your ways.
I still recall Capital Police Officers forcing American Veterans away from the WW2 and Korean Monuments under Obama’s shutdown.
If you don’t see the problem there, I got nothing to say to you.
7mm

Well written 7mm !

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Akbob5

I also fear for both sides when those Red Flag laws and whatever else is coming down the pike pits good LEOs against serious patriots ....

No. The GOOD law enforcement officers would NOT enforce the unconstitutional "laws" and rules and regulations. They would stand WITH serious patriots, not against them. None of this "just doing my job" schidt. Every man has a choice. You choose to be on the right side or the wrong side. Period. If they choose to follow these unconstitutional and grossly immoral laws, then they picked their side...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by Akbob5

I also fear for both sides when those Red Flag laws and whatever else is coming down the pike pits good LEOs against serious patriots ....

No. The GOOD law enforcement officers would NOT enforce the unconstitutional "laws" and rules and regulations. They would stand WITH serious patriots, not against them. None of this "just doing my job" schidt. Every man has a choice. You choose to be on the right side or the wrong side. Period. If they choose to follow these unconstitutional and grossly immoral laws, then they picked their side...

It goes deeper than that. “They” will have to choose between enforcing, following orders, or looking for a different line of work. And if all of the GOOD cops quit, or get fired, what’s left.

Last edited by steve4102; 03/02/21.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster

7mm

Are you sure about that?

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.