Campfire Ranger
O
DPMS was in the Remington Portfolio.
Anyone know what happened...
We're they sold, retained, shut down..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
PSA bought them.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Dpms and Bushmaster both swallowed by Remington and buried by Cerebus who is /was headed by some marriage connection of jo biden. You figure it out for yourself looked completely planned to me.

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 03/01/21.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by UPhiker
PSA bought them.

Thanks...
Interesting PSA doesn't have an announcement or any info on their site.

I did find the announcement of the auction results though.

Any opinions on if it is an upgrade/downgrade?
Are they going to keep the DPMS name, or roll them into PSA?

-OMotS

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
One vote for PSADPMS just on principle.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The DPMS name has been dead for a while, well before the recent doings. Its not a huge loss, they didn't really do anything well, other than be needlessly weird.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Hmm.
Just read an Feb, 2020 American Rifleman article on the GII..
We're they reviewing old rifles just to pump the soon to crash Remington?

Seems like the IP would have some value...

Hmm pewPew article (name your own qualifier) says:
Roundhill got all firearms except Marlin..
So DPMS was no longer Firearms as of last July?

Pp gone on to say DPMS was stripped and sold before the bankruptcy..

Seems to be about the time Sig Sauer opened their Huntsville operation.
Maybe they took over the plant?

And PSA just got the name?

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 03/02/21.

-OMotS

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by liliysdad
The DPMS name has been dead for a while, well before the recent doings. Its not a huge loss, they didn't really do anything well, other than be needlessly weird.

Don't know about that after the last panic AR prices hit the floor and I picked up a new in the box DPMS Oracle model for $450 .It works perfectly and the gas block was picatinnied on the top for my laser and the flattop picatinny hosts a red dot sight it is my low- no-any light shtf rifle. Nothing that costs more is anymore reliable. Mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 03/02/21.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I never understood why Remington seemed to favor DPMS over Bushmaster. It always seemed to me that Bushmaster had much better name recognition.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
With 168gr Nosler ammo, my DPMS GII Hunter in .308 is the most accurate semiauto I ever have shot.

The American Rifleman reviewer agrees, albeit with Black Hills ammo:
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/2/6/review-dpms-gii-ar-308 (“The GII Hunter I tested blew me away with its accuracy. I was primarily testing that rifle for our sister publication American Hunter and didn't even plan to include it in this article, but the performance is too impressive to ignore. American Hunter uses three, three-shots groups with three different loads as a test protocol. With the Black Hills 168-gr. load, the first group measured 0.30". That was the best, but the average of three groups was 0.47". The average for all nine groups was 0.80". From an out-of-the-box AR-L shooting factory ammunition, that is very impressive accuracy.”).

That article also explains the cleverness and innovativeness of their redesign of the AR10 to make it better and about a pound lighter.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
MH,
That's the article I read earlier. Thanks for confirmation..what barrel does yours have?

I read elsewhere that last September Vista took delivery of tooling equipment, fixtures, etc from Huntsville. But I assume the DPMS stuff was already gone since that sale closed before the Ch11?
Or not...
DPMS was reported sold in July but the Ch11 was listed effective on May 15...

Edit:
Guns.com May 2017 article:
8 businesses moved to Huntsville:
Advanced Armament,
Montana Rifleman,
Tapco,
LAR,
Para-Ordinance,
DPMS,
Postmaster,
Remington RM380s, R51a, & 1911s, and
R&D.
+ whatever was done at the Mayfield, KY plant that was closed in 2016. (Bolt action 783s, 597s, Shotguns, among other things)

I wonder what happened to the model museum, did it go with R&D?

So I guess the manufacturing of these all went to Vista Roundhill but not the names?

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 03/02/21.

-OMotS

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Vista just bought the ammo business, which I don't believe had any equipment at Huntsville.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
MH,
That's the article I read earlier. Thanks for confirmation..what barrel does yours have?

It has a fairly heavy 20" bbl. It's never jammed once. Shoots certain ammo like a custom bolt gun. Weighed 7.5 lbs when it was naked.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It's my go-to Mid-Atlantic deer rifle.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They're sadly hard to find now. An FBI friend of mine has been trying to find one for a long time after he saw what it does.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Nice looking (both photos!)

I wonder if there are uppers still floating around complete or otherwise....
That is the billet receiver with a pinned steel feed ramp.
That should pose no issue installing a barrel I guess..
Enjoy!

-OMotS

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I never understood why Remington seemed to favor DPMS over Bushmaster. It always seemed to me that Bushmaster had much better name recognition.

Last I knew all Remington R-15's were Bushmasters but the R-25 line was DPMS well that's what I heard anyway. Mb

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Last I knew all Remington R-15's were Bushmasters but the R-25 line was DPMS well that's what I heard anyway. Mb

I think that's correct. A friend of mine has an R-25, and I think it totally is DPMS IIRC.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Don't know about that after the last panic AR prices hit the floor and I picked up a new in the box DPMS Oracle model for $450 .It works perfectly and the gas block was picatinnied on the top for my laser and the flattop picatinny hosts a red dot sight it is my low- no-any light shtf rifle. Nothing that costs more is anymore reliable. Mb

Nephew picked up one also when they were $450
It’s been reliable and he’s been very pleased with it.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
bushmaster did have the better name. but I think their guns were used in some high profile crimes which maybe is why they didn't promote them more. dpms had the gen 2 they never did promote very well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have a DPMS A2 upper and a DPMS lower that were made years apart and they fit like they were cut from the same piece of aluminum. They are mounted up with a 1/9 twist Armalite 16" mid length barrel and it shoots like a house on fire.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
DPMS was very much known for accuracy.I had two of them with never a problem function wise.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (163bc, 12344mag, 2UP, 257 mag, 007FJ, 30 invisible), 1,846 guests, and 1,000 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,290
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.