Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'll apologize upfront if I offend anyone, but here goes...........it seems like every day there's a new thread on here about no ammo or reloading supplies, and when they can be found, the prices are out of line. Listen up, but if you're in a position where you were caught empty handed, and have been forced to pay high prices.................it ain't anybodies fault but your own.

If the supply of ammo or reloading supplies were to suddenly disappear, and nothing could ever be had again, I'd be okay for the rest of my life, and I suspect many others on here would be as well. I might not be able to shoot as much as I'd like to, but I have enough stuff that I've acquired over the years, that I will never run out of ammo, powder, bullets, or primers. Now, I might have to use a powder-bullet combination that I wouldn't have normally used, but I could get by. So, why are people in the situation they're in.

I believe in always having an emergency fund, whether it be money, food, fuel, or whatever, and stuff to shoot is an important part of that fund. I've never understood why some folks will spend money like a drunken sailor, then when hard times hit, and they're short on funds, they act as if it's not their fault, and someone is always out to get them. A smart man plans ahead, and always has something for a rainy day, which in this case, it means he doesn't have to pay a dollar a round for 9mm ammo, or $200 for a brick of primers, or $75 for a can of powder.................because he bought such items where they were available at fair prices, instead of blowing his money on chit that's long gone, and only lasted a little while.

As I said, I don't want to offend anyone, as this has nothing to do with who has plenty of money and who doesn't. Instead it has to do with thinking ahead, and planning for hard times, and rest assured, hard times almost always happen at some point in time. Given the current political situation, and the assault on the 2A that's been going on for years, ANYONE who owns guns and uses them, should have been planning for something like we're going through now, and not be caught with their pants down. In short, if you're out of something to shoot, you really have no one to blame but yourself.

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Well said James.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
but, but, but,

all mine fell out of the boat, or got froze, or stolen or ruined in the flood.............

jeez, what'sa guy 'spozed to do to replace all that stuff.

Quien Sabe,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
James.

You are talking about personal responsibility. In this day and age a great majority of people don't think they are responsible for themselves.
For example, the.gov has mandated masks not to protect yourself, but to protect the group that is most likely to suffer.

Anyway, enough on that subject. How many poeple out there live paycheck to paycheck. A great majority. That plays into the lack of personal responsibility.
And that paycheck to paycheck mentality crosses all econimic groups. I know several that make $1 million plus that live paycheck to paycheck.

I'm like you, I take personal responsibility seriously for me and my family.

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But what if your neighbor gives you a Remington 81 in 300 Savage????

šŸ˜

For some reason, nobody's feeling bad for me. Heck, I ordered from Target Sports at "panic pricing" and don't feel bad for me.......

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What a fugging stellar business model.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
great sentiment but it's just more virtue signaling.

Sam......

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
There is a hording mentality that can take over.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

It's about responsibility..........something that fewer and fewer people have anymore.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
The only reason anyone gets to gloat about their stockpile is because the product is mostly non-perishable and if you shoot 7 rounsd a year....you can fairly easily be set for life.

What if the country shuts down? Wheat crops fail? Exports stop?

Got a lifetime supply of bread?
Butter?

Milk?

I am MAGA.
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
This ammo/reloading shortage has nothing to do with being "responsible" by not purchasing enough to begin with. It's strictly about hoarders who don't shoot but think they are going to save the world from graboids, and another bunch of guys buying everything as soon as it hits the shelves in order to resale it illegally online. Some of us actually shoot often and use what they purchase, but I won't ever pay the prices right now, I'll get a different job/hobby before that.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
"Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2Ā For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3Ā And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

M

7:1-3

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Give us this day our daily thread.
But deliver us from evil gougers.
Amen.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JamesJr;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking to be a good one for you folks and all in your world are well.

While I'm not precisely taking issue with what you've said, the problem with shortages and inflationary pricing in any venue is that it'll reduce the number of new entrants into the activity.

Whether there's no Tee Times available at local greens, the deer herd gets decimated by several bad winters in a row or one can't find so much as a box of .22 rimfire - all will have a negative effect on the next shift coming into that activity. As we used to say on the boards of the gun club, the local church and any successful business, if there's not a replacement coming up behind you - you're beginning the process of obsolescence.

Then too, I'll opine that at nearly 60, it's no big deal to spend "X" on something silly "just because", but I vividly recall moving here to BC after losing everything farming, having the clutch go out on our car which absorbed the emergency fund and subsequently our Christmas gifts to each other was that clutch.

Not everyone has the income level to afford to stock up on non-essentials or even essentials for that matter, I've personally been there, done that and didn't have the notepad to write the book on, you know?

Anyways sir, none of that is to say we shouldn't plan for a better day and taking responsibility is never a bad thing in my view. Again though, I've been blessed far beyond anything I could have ever done to deserve it and am thankful for that each waking morning.

All the best to you and yours as we head into longer days and warmer weather sir.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 03/02/21.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Give us this day our daily thread.
But deliver us from evil gougers.
Amen.

What about the food shortages?

Will we be able to point fingers at the greedy and gluttonous farmers raping our nation by not supplying the life essential food we all need?

How dare a farmer raise the price on beef, chicken or grain.

As politicians increase downward pressure on the food supply and there becomes less production... the farmer must sell all of his production at a loss.

How dare he earn enough money to stay in business. It is simply unthinkable.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The only reason anyone gets to gloat about their stockpile is because the product is mostly non-perishable and if you shoot 7 rounsd a year....you can fairly easily be set for life.

What if the country shuts down? Wheat crops fail? Exports stop?

Got a lifetime supply of bread?
Butter?

Milk?

Couldn't agree with you more - saving grace for some is they know how to grow the wheat, milk the cow, make the bread and butter. Don't know you other than what I've read on here but got a feeling you probably fit in that group that could figure it out as well.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
[align:right][/align]Hahahaha! It wouldn't be the farmer CashisKing.

It would be some fugging middle man who bought it all...caused a shortage and sold it to you.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 03/02/21.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Great lecture.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Kinda like you alotta times huh????
Wishing you could have come up with all right???
Animosity??????

Last edited by renegade50; 03/02/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can get what I need at gun shows and Iā€™m supporting patriots when I pay a $1 a pop for 9mm.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

299 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 2ndwind, 36 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,051
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.