Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
JamesJr Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As is always the case when anyone posts something on here, there are those that get it, and those that don't. This isn't about bragging, it's about responsibility................and putting your priorities in order. But, those posters who spent their money on other forms of entertainment and fun, are now jealous of those who had the good sense to lay up a supply for hard times.

Just as I raise a garden, and fill several freezers, and have a pantry full of canned goods, I also made sure I had stuff to shoot. There's no difference...........it's not hoarding on my part, it's called thinking ahead. It has nothing to do with money either, as I'll guarantee you that my money comes as hard to get as the next man's does. But, I don't waste mine on frivolous chit that's here today, gone tomorrow......and that's what I see about some of you...........you're the "live for today, worry about tomorrow when it gets here" kind of people. And.....when tomorrow gets here, and you don't have anything, you go to blaming the ones who were smart enough to put something back.

I said in my OP that it was not my attention to offend anyone, but you sure can see the toes I stepped on here............and by knowing some of you as I do, I'm not in the least bit surprised.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Mannlicher called it pretty accurately.

Stings don’t it?

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
There ought to be a sticky dedicated to cuhnts bragging about how much ammo or components they have.

Fugks sake

Damn, you are a rough customer.

Wish we were neighbors.

Not unless you are down with gratuitous male nudity and sword play.

Now I have a box full of pm’s asking my zip code. Damn you Jim.

Cash, I’d like to think I make a good neighbor. smile

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Mannlicher called it pretty accurately.

Stings don’t it?

As I said, you can tell who had good sense and who didn't

Stings, don't it................of course it does.........lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I'll apologize upfront if I offend anyone, but here goes...........it seems like every day there's a new thread on here about no ammo or reloading supplies, and when they can be found, the prices are out of line. Listen up, but if you're in a position where you were caught empty handed, and have been forced to pay high prices.................it ain't anybodies fault but your own.

If the supply of ammo or reloading supplies were to suddenly disappear, and nothing could ever be had again, I'd be okay for the rest of my life, and I suspect many others on here would be as well. I might not be able to shoot as much as I'd like to, but I have enough stuff that I've acquired over the years, that I will never run out of ammo, powder, bullets, or primers. Now, I might have to use a powder-bullet combination that I wouldn't have normally used, but I could get by. So, why are people in the situation they're in.

I believe in always having an emergency fund, whether it be money, food, fuel, or whatever, and stuff to shoot is an important part of that fund. I've never understood why some folks will spend money like a drunken sailor, then when hard times hit, and they're short on funds, they act as if it's not their fault, and someone is always out to get them. A smart man plans ahead, and always has something for a rainy day, which in this case, it means he doesn't have to pay a dollar a round for 9mm ammo, or $200 for a brick of primers, or $75 for a can of powder.................because he bought such items where they were available at fair prices, instead of blowing his money on chit that's long gone, and only lasted a little while.

As I said, I don't want to offend anyone, as this has nothing to do with who has plenty of money and who doesn't. Instead it has to do with thinking ahead, and planning for hard times, and rest assured, hard times almost always happen at some point in time. Given the current political situation, and the assault on the 2A that's been going on for years, ANYONE who owns guns and uses them, should have been planning for something like we're going through now, and not be caught with their pants down. In short, if you're out of something to shoot, you really have no one to blame but yourself.
Your command of the obvious is quite impressive.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The OP is a bull schidt braggart from KY

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I'll apologize upfront if I offend anyone, but here goes...........it seems like every day there's a new thread on here about no ammo or reloading supplies, and when they can be found, the prices are out of line. Listen up, but if you're in a position where you were caught empty handed, and have been forced to pay high prices.................it ain't anybodies fault but your own.

If the supply of ammo or reloading supplies were to suddenly disappear, and nothing could ever be had again, I'd be okay for the rest of my life, and I suspect many others on here would be as well. I might not be able to shoot as much as I'd like to, but I have enough stuff that I've acquired over the years, that I will never run out of ammo, powder, bullets, or primers. Now, I might have to use a powder-bullet combination that I wouldn't have normally used, but I could get by. So, why are people in the situation they're in.

I believe in always having an emergency fund, whether it be money, food, fuel, or whatever, and stuff to shoot is an important part of that fund. I've never understood why some folks will spend money like a drunken sailor, then when hard times hit, and they're short on funds, they act as if it's not their fault, and someone is always out to get them. A smart man plans ahead, and always has something for a rainy day, which in this case, it means he doesn't have to pay a dollar a round for 9mm ammo, or $200 for a brick of primers, or $75 for a can of powder.................because he bought such items where they were available at fair prices, instead of blowing his money on chit that's long gone, and only lasted a little while.

As I said, I don't want to offend anyone, as this has nothing to do with who has plenty of money and who doesn't. Instead it has to do with thinking ahead, and planning for hard times, and rest assured, hard times almost always happen at some point in time. Given the current political situation, and the assault on the 2A that's been going on for years, ANYONE who owns guns and uses them, should have been planning for something like we're going through now, and not be caught with their pants down. In short, if you're out of something to shoot, you really have no one to blame but yourself.

Not really, just tired of hearing people gripe about either not having anything to shoot with, or having to pay outrageous prices. You farm........right. Don't you make sure that your cows have hay for the winter? In reality, not much difference from what I'm saying.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Not really, just tired of hearing people gripe about either not having anything to shoot with, or having to pay outrageous prices. You farm........right. Don't you make sure that your cows have hay for the winter? In reality, not much difference from what I'm saying.
If you get tired of hearing about people not having ammo, then simply don't read it. Simple problems sometimes do have simple solutions. No thanks necessary.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I D G A F......at all.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
great sentiment but it's just more virtue signaling.

It's about responsibility..........something that fewer and fewer people have anymore.

call it what you will, it's still just more virtue signaling. Goody for you if your azz is totally covered for every caliber, every style, every gun, every whatever, for ever and in perpetuity. Chit happens to all of us. The puffed chest righteousness is as obnoxious as the bleating from the folks that don't even have a bottle of water in the house, and blame everything but themselves.

Sam! Well stated!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
The OP is the same guy that said he made it 100% on his own.

Right after he inherited a farm.

LOL

Damn shame he didn't buy the farm.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It seems as though this has turned to a "who can afford and who can't afford" thread. Imo it is more of folks not prioritizing rather than affordability in many cases.
None of the younger generation seems to think anything of buying themselves a Red Bull or some other non necessary item just to satisfy a momentary need but yet they could have bought a box of 22 LR cartridges with the amount of money they spent on a drink to satisfy a momentary craving. It is called prioritizing - something that seems to be a foreign concept to a lot of folks. So instead of having some $2.50 per box ammo to shoot they now have to pay $6.00 - $7.00 per box. In most cases they will do nothing more than buy them selves another Red Bull and complain about how they cannot affored to buy ammo.

If most of the complainers would have skipped the stop at the fast food restaurant, or doing something as simple as when away from home bringing water from home to drink instead of buying bottled water they would not have anything to complain about because they would have had the money to buy when the price was reasonable.

I have one daughter who is like me in that she spends her money wisely, not on frivolously, I have another daughter and a son who are both always broke but neither of them have a second thought about eating out a couple of times a week or having food delivered by Grubhub of one of the other delivery services, or keeping credit cards maxed out. Prioirities are lacking in their case just like they are in good part of "instant gratification" society".

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife and I bought our first house in fall 2020. We spent a couple years saving up for it, and didn't have room in our 1 bedroom apartment for a reloading bench or a hoard of ammo.
Timing sucks for me because now I have a garage with a nice workbench and can't find schit for tools or reloading components, and now having to pay double for ammo that I didn't needlessly buy two years ago because I was scrimping for that down payment and getting out of personal debt.

You're right -- I prioritized having a place to live and having less debt, and I'd make that decision again. But it sure does suck for us responsible folks who are now very low on options for reloading and/or affording ammo.

And I've never bought a redbull in my life, fwiw.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5sdad
great sentiment but it's just more virtue signaling.

It's about responsibility..........something that fewer and fewer people have anymore.

call it what you will, it's still just more virtue signaling. Goody for you if your azz is totally covered for every caliber, every style, every gun, every whatever, for ever and in perpetuity. Chit happens to all of us. The puffed chest righteousness is as obnoxious as the bleating from the folks that don't even have a bottle of water in the house, and blame everything but themselves.

Sam! Well stated!
heheheh Indeed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by deflave
The OP is the same guy that said he made it 100% on his own.

Right after he inherited a farm.

LOL

Damn shame he didn't buy the farm.
The OP is a retard and yet he shades you by about 20 IQ points.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 907brass
Wife and I bought our first house in fall 2020. We spent a couple years saving up for it, and didn't have room in our 1 bedroom apartment for a reloading bench or a hoard of ammo.
Timing sucks for me because now I have a garage with a nice workbench and can't find schit for tools or reloading components, and now having to pay double for ammo that I didn't needlessly buy two years ago because I was scrimping for that down payment and getting out of personal debt.

You're right -- I prioritized having a place to live and having less debt, and I'd make that decision again. But it sure does suck for us responsible folks who are now very low on options for reloading and/or affording ammo.

It will be available again. You did the right thing. Congrats on being responsible and don't let the haters get you down. In the meantime, think about buying a good airgun and some pellets to keep practiced up. They come in danged handy in most places anyway.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

feel better Jimmy boy...........

now that you have taught us all a lesson.

What cals. you short??

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 5sdad
There ought to be a sticky dedicated to cuhnts bragging about how much ammo or components they have.

Fugks sake

I believe that it is a necessary avenue to establish superiority.

Superiority is only an illusion when the guy who doesn't wave his dick around broadcasting his supposed superiority shows up with more stuff than you have & kicks your ass.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Just an observation...

Most folks who say "I'm set for life on ammo" don't shoot.

If you're someone who shoots, the component shortage is painful. The price increase and buying to scalp is a double painful. I don't have a stockpile to sit on, I have a stockpile to shoot.....but I have to replace components and I don't want to stop shooting.

For some of us it's not about being irresponsible or lack of foresight, it's about being limited in how long we can continue to do what we like to do.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 907brass

It will be available again. You did the right thing. Congrats on being responsible and don't let the haters get you down. In the meantime, think about buying a good airgun and some pellets to keep practiced up. They come in danged handy in most places anyway.

Good advice.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
669 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 58 invisible), 3,150 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,213
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.