Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Been using the same propane company for 20 years. They installed a replacement propane kitchen range oven fifteen years ago, and they regularly deliver propane to my outside tank. A couple of weeks ago, I started smelling a rotten egg odor in my kitchen, so I call them. They send a man the next day. He spends three hours fiddling around with this and that, says he fixed the leak, hands me a bill for $286.00 and leaves. Smell is still in the kitchen. That evening, smell is still in the kitchen. Next morning, smell is still in the kitchen. I call and tell them that the problem persists. They sent the man again, and he assures me there's no leak, and to prove it, he disconnects the propane line from the exterior of the house and seals it off. Within hours of this, the smell disappears. It stays gone for five days (all that time, I have no usable range oven). I call them back and tell them that this proves that he didn't fix the leak, since as soon as he disconnected the line, the smell disappeared and has remained gone for five days. They tell me they will send him back to attempt a fix again, but the charge will be the same as the last time he came to fix it.

So, in other words, they are not guaranteeing the work they already charged me $286.00 for, which was to fix the gas smell problem in the kitchen while the range was hooked up to propane. They want to charge me again as though that never happened. After a failed attempt to make them understand the wrongness of that (i.e., they are still going to charge me for the next visit as though they hadn't already failed to fix the problem and charged me for a failed effort), I tell them to forget it. I'll just buy an electric range. If that's their policy, who knows how much they will end up charging me, coming back over and over again without resolving the issue.

You'd think that if you call them about a gas smell, and after three hours work, it's still there, they'd guarantee their work and come back as many times as needed to make it right without recharging as though they hadn't already been there. Anyone else would do that, plumbers, electricians, etc..

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You'd think the sumbeaches would want your business badly enough to not eff you over and actually fix the leak. That should be actionable legally.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
change companys and go to their busness on the net and hit them hard with negitive comments

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They also need to add some propane to your tank too for NOT fixing it and it continuing to leak.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My propane people will come out, change an igniter or thermocoupler and not even charge for the service call. They’ll even light pilots if you need it.

I had them move my tank due to an outdoor kitchen we built where it sat. I also installed a propane range top in our outdoor kitchen for power loss events. They moved that tank and piped in a new regulator and lines for the new appliance. ALL NO CHARGE.

They are a gas utility company and do propane on the side.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hawk, I'm retired from the propane industry, and I gotta tell ya, I'd be pissed off enough to eat nails. You didn't mention your provider, but....

1 When you called and reported a rotten egg smell and they did not IMMEDIATELY send out a tech to investigate, they in essence told you they do not give a rats ass about you or your property. (Did they even have you turn off your tank?)

2 After their [bleep] response they did a [bleep] job! The odor should have dissipated rather quickly. (Did you open any windows)

3 After all that NO he should not have been willing to bill you again for something he should have fixed the 1st time.

Fiddled around? What did he use to find the leak? A CGI? Leak check solution? A pressure gauge? All three? What did he tell you was the source of the leak?

Go to their office and stand on someones eyelids, then, if there is another provider available, change companies. Your present one is not worth a crap.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
No regulation for chit like this?
Seems that Co's azz would be on the hook should something happen.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This company has no respect for safety......Change companies.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Switch companies as they ain't worth a schit. I would also not pay the first bill as they never fixed anything.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Raeford
No regulation for chit like this?
Seems that Co's azz would be on the hook should something happen.

Yes! Through the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and yes somebodies azz would be on the hook if something happened. The tech and the company. If you read the NFPA manuals it addresses that fact.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If it were me i would be calling another propane company.You have been a loyal customer for 20 years.That tells me they don't care about that,they only want your money,sorry ass company imo.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Riverc
If it were me i would be calling another propane company.You have been a loyal customer for 20 years.That tells me they don't care about that,they only want your money,sorry ass company imo.

^^^^^^^^

Yuuuup!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’d be chewing some serious ass before I left, Milton the repair doofuss would catch some harsh wrath, especially if he came back out for another visit. Video that mfer.

Lodge a complaint with BBB and public utility board.

I would not be Mr B Type, no way you should just ‘take your lumps’ fouck that. Give em hell

Newschannel 5 them LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any of your local TV stations do any stories where a consumer is not getting satisfaction?
This seems like a story they would love.
Customer calls local propane company about a dangerous gas leak.
Company comes out does work that doesn't fix problem, customer still has dangerous gas leak.
Company denies there is a gas leak even tho you can still smell gas.
Wants to charge customer again to fix dangerous gas leak they didn't fix the first time, you know the leak that doesn't exist.
If you have a TV station that does those kind of stories I would call them.
Lots of people will learn what a chitty co. they are.
Business hate bad press, especially when it's deserved.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
your state public service commission will be fascinated to hear that story with all the gory details. a gas explosion will certainly find time on the evening news..

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by norm99
change companys and go to their busness on the net and hit them hard with negitive comments

I think I will do that.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
My propane people will come out, change an igniter or thermocoupler and not even charge for the service call. They’ll even light pilots if you need it.

I had them move my tank due to an outdoor kitchen we built where it sat. I also installed a propane range top in our outdoor kitchen for power loss events. They moved that tank and piped in a new regulator and lines for the new appliance. ALL NO CHARGE.

They are a gas utility company and do propane on the side.

This company was like that 20 years ago, but about ten years ago, they were bought out by a large conglomerate and polices changed dramatically where they sap customers for whatever they can.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Switch companies as they ain't worth a schit. I would also not pay the first bill as they never fixed anything.

This is how I feel. The bill is still sitting on my kitchen counter, as yet unpaid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some fire departments do safety inspections for training etc ..."come on over and bring the new guy along to show them "......u can't be the only with a little leak...I'm sure they would love that!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by norm99

I think I will do that.

Do you own your tank?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 1_deuce, 1minute, 300_savage, 31 invisible), 1,809 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,054
Posts18,463,191
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.