Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What? Huh?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Got prolific at about fifty. I run the Mach III over and around my ears about once a week. Fortunately it does not grow out of the ear canal, YET.

Sometimes I pull the cartridge off of the razor, stuff it up a nostril and give it a twist. I hate long nose hairs.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Got prolific at about fifty. I run the Mach III over and around my ears about once a week. Fortunately it does not grow out of the ear canal, YET.

Sometimes I pull the cartridge off of the razor, stuff it up a nostril and give it a twist. I hate long nose hairs.

You ever wake up in the morning to find that a nose hair has grown like 6 inches overnight?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Hardcore right there, shooter. Geez.

Started sprouting ear hair about the same time I was going bald up top. Go figure.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Morewood

Started sprouting ear hair about the same time I was going bald up top. Go figure.

It happens
I just cut it off and roll on
Way better than not being able to cut it off myself
and having to be cared for

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I use the little rotary trimmer doo dad and
some little rounded point nose/ear hair
specific trimming scissors.

Sheep shears for the rest of it

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
never had any.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm 38 and the gals that cut my hair at Sports Clips have started running the trimmer in the corner of my ear and trimming my eye brows without request.

I don't want to recognize the event but I can't ignore it any longer. The ear hair is here.

The nose hairs are the ones that drive me nuts. I hate long nose hairs...but the ones that really drive me nuts are the gray / white ones. Its like they're invisible but the are still tickling the edge of my nostril and I can't see them to trim or cut them!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from ]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
I'm 38 and the gals that cut my hair at Sports Clips have started running the trimmer in the corner of my ear and trimming my eye brows without request.

I don't want to recognize the event but I can't ignore it any longer. The ear hair is here.

The nose hairs are the ones that drive me nuts. I hate long nose hairs...but the ones that really drive me nuts are the gray / white ones. Its like they're invisible but the are still tickling the edge of my nostril and I can't see them to trim or cut them!

Get you one of those little rotary trimmers like I have.
Just click it on and run it up in there and twist it
carefully around and up and around. No need to be
able to see anything or use a mirror.

Last edited by Ranger99; 03/02/21.
IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I’ve had it for a few years so early 40s was when I got it. My wife got me a trimmer similar to the one pictured above but smaller:

https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Grooms...719197&sprefix=ear+nose+&sr=8-12

Works nicely just don’t forget to exhale when you stick that up yer nose or you’ll be in for a choking fit.

I mean that’s what I heard anyway...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from askideas.com]

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by MPat70
At what age did you start getting ear hair?
Do you shave, pluck it let it grow?

I guess I was around 35 when my ears started sprouting roots.
I keep the hair on my head cut short so I'm forced to shave the ear hair or else it would look like a squirrel tried crawling in my head and got stuck🐿️

Nose hair, bushy eyebrows, ear hair are one of the first signs of andropause. The production of testosterone has started to decrease, but the conversion of testosterone to estradiol has continued to be the same or increase. Its effects depends on the number of and location of active hair cells. Doesn't apply to the dead ones on your head, which died from lack of selenium and thyroid.

Also the sebaceous glands secrete less cause you are no longer a horny greasy teen ager.

The good news is your estradiol is giving you cardiovascular protection as it prevents plaques from forming.

So, when having a difference of opinion on the 'fire, someone calls somebody a she there is probably a biological connection.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by antlers
As we get older, we start growin’ hair where we don’t want it, and we start losin’ hair where we do want it.

A lot of it depends on blood flow. An unusually long nose hair or ear is from higher blood flow to that hair cell. Its being rubbed more than others. Folks who wear hearing aids usually see greater growth. All things being equal.

And the reverse, no hair on the head, result of low blood flow, means less thyroid, and selenium, cells die.

not getting into Vit D s effects.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Its a horrible affliction.
Shave and use small scissors myself.

Dont wanta look like an old man that hasn't touched the ear hair or eyebrows in 15 yrs.

Looking like that doctor from Dune and schit and going for the Guiness book offical record holder soon.

Take a fughing weed whacker to that schit dude.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had one last week growing off the top of my ear so long I was able to just grab it and pull it out by hand once I noticed it.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
MPat70 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Don't trim the nose hair, I just get tweezers and yank them out. Nothing to it really.

Last edited by MPat70; 03/02/21.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Dunno. Barber takes care of it. Must be one of those things you notice if you go to a hair salon like a girl.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
If you get real relaxed in a hotel hot tub, you can pluck the hairs out of your asscrack and taint with minimal discomfort.

Little something for the groids when they get it in later.

Only Slummy would think of such sheit. 🤣🤣🤣

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I started getting them in my 40's. Wife plucks them everytime she sees one. Bad part is that I will go to bed and wake up with one of those sombitches that grew out 3/4" long overnight.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,135
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.