-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard to believe that Rush didn't have a detailed plan, for the show, drawn up and ready to execute. I think the past couple of weeks has just been a sentimental mourning and remembering period. I expect there to be an organized and intentional announcement of the future of the show. I expect a new host to be announced and a tweaking of the format. Don't have any idea who the new host may be. I haven't listened to the show since the day he died, and don't plan to until a "Rush Approved" new show host is announced.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Hard to believe that Rush didn't have a detailed plan, for the show, drawn up and ready to execute. I think the past couple of weeks has just been a sentimental mourning and remembering period. I expect there to be an organized and intentional announcement of the future of the show. I expect a new host to be announced and a tweaking of the format. Don't have any idea who the new host may be. I haven't listened to the show since the day he died, and don't plan to until a "Rush Approved" new show host is announced.

Unless other arrangements have been made, the contract died with Rush. There's a three-hour gap in AM radio to be filled and reruns/best of can only go on for a short period of time.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

He was an optimist. He likely figured that always had one more show in him.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There was a show the week before Christmas that I caught a portion of. When hearing Rush that day I immediately thought it was his sign off show. During that day he thanked the audience for being with him. I was surprised when he came back in the new year.

I lived in Sacramento for a period when Rush was there. I was surprised to hear his voice in 1987-88 when driving through Atlanta one afternoon. After 32+ years, he is missed. But as we all know, death is an appointment we all must keep.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I actually kinda like how they are doing the show. they are bring up clips of rush and having comments on them. its almost as if rush is still here. They also played some parodies today. parodies seems to have went away in more recent years but were a fixture of earlier shows and years gone by. I wish Rush was still doing them the last few years. my favorite is the gorbasm. They don't play it often anymore. They need to do barrack the majic negro again.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Unless other arrangements have been made, the contract died with Rush. There's a three-hour gap in AM radio to be filled and reruns/best of can only go on for a short period of time.

yep , Huge Rush fan, but life is about change. Enough of milking the nostalgia . We're in a war for our culture. No time for nostalgia in war. Time for action.

They've had a year to prepare

Last edited by ribka; 03/02/21.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm sure there is someone that could do Rush's show but it's not any that have filled in and it's not anyone known to the talk show world. Most of these guys filling in for him just can't cut it and don't take it to the libs like it should be done. I find myself thinking I could do a better job at times than they are.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I'm sure there is someone that could do Rush's show but it's not any that have filled in and it's not anyone known to the talk show world. Most of these guys filling in for him just can't cut it and don't take it to the libs like it should be done. I find myself thinking I could do a better job at times than they are.

Its sad they don't have anyone to step in for him

I guess that says a lot about what a talent Rush was.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Rush is ded, move on.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by callnum
Rush is ded, move on.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

yes lets embrace the marxist anti gun, anti hunting beta males like cal dumb

Last edited by ribka; 03/02/21.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ribka
Rush is ded, move on.

Pears sent, please don’t cry.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Rush is ded, move on.

Pears sent, please don’t cry.

ok racist white privileged beta male from the Montana KKK

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jim1611

Its sad they don't have anyone to step in for him

I guess that says a lot about what a talent Rush was.

Rush started at the bottom and kept working. When he died he had built something few have been able to do. Anyone that has ever started a business on their own and went through everything it takes to make it a success understands what Rush did. I've seen far too many times this happens then the business is handed over to family or someone else and it fails. Those new people lack most everything it takes to forge ahead. I am very doubtful any newcomers will just take the reigns of Rush's show and even maintain half of his listeners. If someone wants to step in after Rush they need to do it as he did and I bet he'd say the same.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have been surprised that Rush apparently didn't pre-record a farewell show, or at least a segment. As far as I know (I missed it), his last appearance ended without fanfare. I hope that a good full-time successor can be found. I probably heard more words come out of Rush's mouth than I have of any other person.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (300jimmy, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 2UP, 22 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.