Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
If SHTF, I'm starting my own gang and becoming a warlord. I'll launch raids into canada and take all the maple syrup and cheez wiz.

You will get no resistance from me, but you have promise to take the French back home with you, even the ugly ones.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by r_dubya
People are enamored with all kinds of fantasy "SHTF scenarios".... EMP attacks, "the grid going down!", hordes of zombies, etc.... All of which is BS. The Schdt that will Hit The Fan will be the boot heel of tyranny. Ruthless oppression. And if we're lucky... war.

The EMP thing ain't a joke. It's people with no vehicles/ electricity. It could happen..

But WHO would do it??? and WHY? IF such a thing ever happened, it would not be just by itself, for no reason.

About 10 years ago we missed another Carrington Event by a “hair’s breadth” in astronomical terms. It went directly through the earth’s orbital path... about 2 weeks ahead of or behind us, I can’t remember which. But, it was darn close.Had we taken full impact, the majority of the planet would have suddenly become 1850 again!

Not an EMP.....but, the results would be equivalent! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Things will get grim fast. No electric power, no food shipped, no mail, no internet, no fuels shipped. No nothing.
We can get by for a while with our stockpiles, but.

I can see why you would bring this up now considering all that Texas went through the other week.
That was something similar in nature and makes one pause to reconsider their trust in the grid.

it was a short 70 years ago that the rural emc's ran electiricity in our community. had enough power for one light bulb in each room, plus enough to pull a frigidaire.

wood heat, drawed water from a well. an electric clothes iron came later. and then it all began. and here we are now. every room in the house like grand central station.

LOL!

How true.
You know what it's like to rough it then.
I think that half the young people in our country would roll up in a fetal position and cry once their cell phones went dark.

That's one thing I like about camping.
The more rural the better. It feels good to get away from things like that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
If SHTF, I'm starting my own gang and becoming a warlord. I'll launch raids into canada and take all the maple syrup and cheez wiz.

You will get no resistance from me, but you have promise to take the French back home with you, even the ugly ones.

OK, but not the Irish

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Stormin Norman;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day was acceptable and this finds you well.

I'm impressed by your Fenian goals sir, huzzah! wink

While I'm loathe to suggest anyone's taste buds are inferior, I'd opine that there's better culinary items to abscond with than maple syrup and cheese whiz, but they would be an okay start for sure.

Anyways sir, thanks for the chuckle this evening I do appreciate it.

All the best to you all as we head into longer and warmer days.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 03/02/21. Reason: schpell czech

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I hate a cheese wiz hoarding SOB... more than I hate Illinois Nazis.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
People are enamored with all kinds of fantasy "SHTF scenarios".... EMP attacks, "the grid going down!", hordes of zombies, etc.... All of which is BS. The Schdt that will Hit The Fan will be the boot heel of tyranny. Ruthless oppression. And if we're lucky... war.

The EMP thing ain't a joke. It's people with no vehicles/ electricity. It could happen..

But WHO would do it??? and WHY? IF such a thing ever happened, it would not be just by itself, for no reason.

The book I read, they didn't say it was China, Russia or some rough nation..

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

OK, but not the Irish

I left the keys in the front door. laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
" ... I think that half the young people in our country would roll up in a fetal position and cry once their cell phones went dark. ..."

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Pajama Boy says, "I'm not worried. My mommy will take care of me."

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
" ... I think that half the young people in our country would roll up in a fetal position and cry once their cell phones went dark. ..."

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Pajama Boy says, "I'm not worried. My mommy will take care of me."

L.W.

Undeniably True...

Make haste to bring to fruition.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

Lol dammit man, not the Cheez Whiz! You realize how little we have up here in this frozen [bleep], and you still coming for our Cheez Whiz? Just unconscionable,man.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Having personally survived a simulated situation I can attest that camping gear becomes survival gear. Also, having a bug sprayer that has never had bug spray in it makes a decent shower.

[Linked Image from lh3.googleusercontent.com]

Quando omni flunkus moritati
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Having personally survived a simulated situation I can attest that camping gear becomes survival gear. Also, having a bug sprayer that has never had bug spray in it makes a decent shower.

[Linked Image from lh3.googleusercontent.com]

Yes
Works really well. Have that myself at the farm.
Booboo'ed a couple of years ago and left one
full of water and the hose and wand froze and split

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No matter how or when it happens it is too to stock up then.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I’ll just sit here by the coffee pot and watch it all shake loose. I don’t really care to get involved in the fray. What’s left after it’s settled won’t be worth living in anyways.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by chesterwy
I’ll just sit here by the coffee pot and watch it all shake loose. I don’t really care to get involved in the fray. What’s left after it’s settled won’t be worth living in anyways.

My thoughts too. There are fates worth than death.
Post apocalyptic mad max type scenarios don’t really seem like my thing.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Do you think the China Flu was an accident?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Most likely, in the end, the living will envy the dead.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
On the bright side, if we’re talking 100 million dead, I’ll bet that 90% would be democrats! Urban dwellers dependent on big government will not fare well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A year ago we had threads going on the first Covid death and panic buying of toilet paper and bottled water.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

607 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,278
Posts18,448,479
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.