Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bhemry
The 50 at 200 yds posts, is interesting, same for 22 WMR he did........but what relevance is it to me shooting 99% at 100 yds and under, IDK.

Just illustrates the consistency of the ammo. If you shoot enough 3 shot groups with most "junk" ammo, eventually you'll get one tight group. But by extending the target to 200 yards, and shooting 50 round groups.. you'll find out pretty quickly if that ammo has any inconsistencies. Whether or not that's relevant to you at 50 or 100 yards is up to you

That really is the value of the test. Showing which ones were most consistent. I am still shocked by the velocity spread on some loads. I'd really like to see tests where the shooters buy a brick and sort by weight and appearance. I wonder what that would do.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No doubt you can see trends....and perhaps use to 'extrapolate' info. Yes Paul, Shocking was the word for me as well. Now sorting....who has time for that? Remember the good old days, buy a $10 brick of Fed Lightning and off you go! Lol.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by huntsman22

or say you shoot anything other than a 10-22 or CZ bolt action rifle or hunt anything other than tree squirrels.....

Fixed it for you.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 65BR
No doubt you can see trends....and perhaps use to 'extrapolate' info. Yes Paul, Shocking was the word for me as well. Now sorting....who has time for that? Remember the good old days, buy a $10 brick of Fed Lightning and off you go! Lol.

Ignorance is bliss?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by justsaymoe

Go over there and say how good your rifle shoots with Remington Golden Bullets.......

or say you shoot anything other than a 10-22 or CZ. or hunt anything other than tree squirrels.....

Laughable, at best. I've found there are some of the most knowledgeable people I've ever met on collecting rifles of all makes, identification of models of different rifles, dating , slight model variations, values, ammo information, and whatever you want to talk about...
I think if you go over there with an attitude they won't give you the time of day- which should probably be expected.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B2

Originally Posted by cisco1
Varmint Guy,

Exactly right ! On all accounts.

There can be found a bit of info from the " Clique" the flinty old "Know it all Basturds" ....but don't try to contribute if you ain't one of the Nazi mods' favotites.

Especially the nazi Sophia.

Good place for those that can keep their opinions in their gullet .

I reckon it is alot like kicking through a garbage dump ....you will probably find something.

I don't know much about firearms .....but what little I do know did not come from RFC.

What the hell good is a gun forum that does NOT SUPPORT the 2ND AMENDMENT??????

The Better You Get, The Better You Want To Be...

I find it interesting that such opinions are shared about Rimfire Central. That forum is deeply eroded by a "clique" of Admin Favorites. Frankly, it's a forum that could have been good but has been converted to absolute trash. The way they treat newcomers is completely inexcusable. There is a handful of members who behave like complete a**holes. They are totally and completely enabled by Sophia, the Chief Administrator.

Last edited by HPC1989; 03/02/21. Reason: Misunderstanding

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Great 3rd post.....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Somebody got there butt hurt at Rimfire Central. If HPC1989 thinks this place is a place he won't get his balz busted, he's gonna get an education.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Again, this is all fact. Think about it. Be careful WHAT you post and WHERE you post it. ALSO remember: Just because it's on a forum does not make it factual, except for this post right here."

crazy As a previous poster said . . . .laughable. More than a few "issues" at play here . . . . .

Originally Posted by cooper57m
Somebody got there butt hurt at Rimfire Central. If HPC1989 thinks this place is a place he won't get his balz busted, he's gonna get an education.

Let's hope so.

Last edited by gewehrfreund; 03/02/21.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well back to original topic, I’ve been an active member there for some time now. I’ve gotten answers when I needed them and I’ve learned a ton from there as well as here on the fire. I try to ignore the critically ignorant in both places.

Last edited by JimHnSTL; 03/02/21.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I try to ignore the critically ignorant in both places.

You are a smart fella.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cooper57m

Coop, have you been a meanie over at RFC?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just realized this thread was already a year old and I couldn’t figure out why I hadn’t seen it back last spring. Then I realized while this thread was originally going on, I was laying on a slab in a coma for three weeks. Sorry I came late to the party.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My issue with RFC is a minor one. I can't log in. I was a member for a bunch of years, now when I try to log in my old password doesn't work, and requests for a password change go unanswered. Been like that for a couple years now, so I've given up trying and merely lurk.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
No Cooper 57M, it's a matter of truth. The form is "ran" by a handful of toxic people.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
I just registered on rimfirecentral.com. For whatever reason every time I try to log on it won;t let me. Are any of you guys registered there, and would have any ideas why I can't get logged on.

Did you get it figured out?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They don't much like me there but I have not been banned,
I disagreed with a chosen one and his followers

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
My issue with RFC is a minor one. I can't log in. I was a member for a bunch of years, now when I try to log in my old password doesn't work, and requests for a password change go unanswered. Been like that for a couple years now, so I've given up trying and merely lurk.
Have tried having a PM sent to a mod to change your email? I was having problems registering for a different forum. It was my email blocking the forums emails, like they did with Gunbroker emails.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
the joker delete his post from yesterday?

I like the winchester and smith section over there, thats about all I check out.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 12 invisible), 1,668 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.