Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#15855578 03/02/21
338Rem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Anyone on here ever dealt with a breeder in Ainsley NE, Rossenbach Ranch Labs? Still in shock from losing Cody, but if I am going to get another Lab, I want to do it by May at the latest. That way I will have the summer to work with the pup. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. And again, thanks for all the kind words last Saturday.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
BP-B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I don’t have the info you need, but I’m sorry for your loss. I lost my black lab Lady to cancer. Nobody ever had a dog more friendly or more loyal. It’s like losing a family member.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Lee_Owens
I don’t have the info you need, but I’m sorry for your loss. I lost my black lab Lady to cancer. Nobody ever had a dog more friendly or more loyal. It’s like losing a family member.

AMEN!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know of a breeder in Michigan who has a litter of Yellows (hunting stock). They were born a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if they have any left. We looked at them, but opted to stick with black. We have a 4 year old black female.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
you mean your not going to get a dog that is some sort of doodle? oh the crimany

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If you want a family dog first, you may not want to buy from a hunting kennel. Those dogs can have a bit too much drive. My two labs have come from family dog lineage. They have been incredible friends, crazy smart, tractable, and calm. Good hunters too.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have two from this kennel. My trainer loved my pups she bought one for herself . https://britlabs.com/
They are chill if you want , but can turn a switch

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
If you want a family dog first, you may not want to buy from a hunting kennel. Those dogs can have a bit too much drive. My two labs have come from family dog lineage. They have been incredible friends, crazy smart, tractable, and calm. Good hunters too.

A good breeder will have their characteristics and traits pinned down fairly well by the time they sell.

We bought from Dustin Retrievers in Montana (there is another location in California) and got exactly what we asked for.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Labs are both good hunting and family. Unless the dog is scatterbrained I had one lab that didn’t really care what we thought

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

It worst than losing a family member, all they want is your attention, and what you get back in return is unconstitutional love. Alot of family members don't do that

IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Sent you a PM

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gemby58

It worst than losing a family member, all they want is your attention, and what you get back in return is unconstitutional love. Alot of family members don't do that

Yep, I'll take my two crazy azzed sorry butt Labs over most family everyday.

FJB & FJT
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I got a lab/plot hound mix and a belgian malinois they both are more loyal than family members

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

A good breeder will have their characteristics and traits pinned down fairly well by the time they sell.

We bought from Dustin Retrievers in Montana (there is another location in California) and got exactly what we asked for.

High peanut butter drive?

338Rem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Here is a thank you to Kingston. He gave me a lead to a Lab breeder in Mich, and I picked out a pup from them. Should pick the pup up around April 5th.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Glad you found the one you wanted. Mine will be 10 and 14 this year. We will be getting another in the next year or so. I live in Michigan and drove down to Duckhill Kennels in TN for the last one. I’ve been so pleased with her that I expect to do the same thing again.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I hear a lot of good about duckhill too. Similar lines between Duckhill, Southern Oak, and TT
My pup ,just turned 1yo is a grandson of Apache Joe.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Belle (Duckhill is near Memphis) is going on 10. Typical of British Labs , she’s smallish at just under 50#. She was easy to train and handles geese fine. Come to think of it, she’s a better retriever than I am a hunter. She often goes to the office with me and is sleeping beside my chair as I type this.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Here is a thank you to Kingston. He gave me a lead to a Lab breeder in Mich, and I picked out a pup from them. Should pick the pup up around April 5th.

I'm so glad it worked out. They look like they'll be great pups. After losing Joe, all I wanted was another yellow male. I was pretty crushed and resisted getting another dog for quite a while. Then I got a call about a litter of blacks. We ended up with a black female. She's a sweetheart, but it resulted in black dust bunnies, rather than the familiar white ones.

She's now four and we decided to get her a pal. We really liked this breeder and the dame, but opted to stick with single color dust bunnies. :-))

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
667 members (1minute, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 75 invisible), 3,156 guests, and 1,469 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.