Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have primers in small rifle and large rifle as well as small pistol and large pistol. I have regular and magnum and also have gold medal match and other match primers. Brands include Federal, CCI, Winchester, and Remington.

I'd like to sell some face to face in Eastern Idaho. I'm in Rigby. I'm not interested in selling at last year's prices but I can beat gunbrokers current prices by a decent amount. Prices start at $125/1000 but things like gold medal match 215m will cost more. I also have several types of powder including hard to find stuff like varget. If your anywhere near east Idaho I can make it worth your drive compared to gunbroker.

I am making a profit on these items and realize my prices are high compared to last year. I'm putting it out there for those who would otherwise have to turn to gunbroker and pay even more. Some of these I bought fairly recently and paid $90/1000 at a local shop before tax.

I cannot ship primers or powder.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 03/03/21.
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
I'm in Idaho Falls. Text me if you like. Shawn (208)520-6175
In need of primers and powder.

Last edited by Jetboat98; 03/03/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nothing worse than a scalper. I shop at the same stores you do and the major stores haves been really good about not price gouging. By your own post you are the guy that buys all he can at all the stores even though you don't need it for yourself. That leaves far less for the guys who would like some for themselves. I am not in need of anything but I have lots of friends who do. I would never dream of first screwing those in my own community and second bending over my fellow sportsmen. Heck, I sent a 8lb keg of powder to a friend just because he could not find any where he lives. I have not bought anything local for several months because first I don't need it. But most importantly I want to make sure my friends and neighbors can get what they need. I don't even have a problem with buying to build your stash. But buying to in turn scalp it is pretty shady.

William Berger

"True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Tag

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by M1Tanker
Nothing worse than a scalper. I shop at the same stores you do and the major stores haves been really good about not price gouging. By your own post you are the guy that buys all he can at all the stores even though you don't need it for yourself. That leaves far less for the guys who would like some for themselves. I am not in need of anything but I have lots of friends who do. I would never dream of first screwing those in my own community and second bending over my fellow sportsmen. Heck, I sent a 8lb keg of powder to a friend just because he could not find any where he lives. I have not bought anything local for several months because first I don't need it. But most importantly I want to make sure my friends and neighbors can get what they need. I don't even have a problem with buying to build your stash. But buying to in turn scalp it is pretty shady.

I can think of far worse things than a scalper. And I can think of far more egregious instances of people marking up things they are trying to sell. You oughta calm down a little bit.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can't PM you...over the limit.

Would be interested in seeing what you have for powder and what your prices may be.

Go ahead and PM me if you're interested in the visit.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Tried to pm you, Interested in the 215m's.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
M1,

Thanks for the judgement. I bought most of these primers over a year ago when they were plentiful with the exception of 1 box I recently paid $90 for. I used to shoot over 10,000 rounds per year but no longer do because of health issues. I bought them originally to stock up before the next shortage. I thought I'd offer some of what I'm not going to be able to use now at less than current market rates.

If you don't like my prices then offer your own at less or go away. I still believe in free market capitalism and markets respond better to competition than they do complaining. I'm well under market prices and if I wanted to I could get hazmat certified and sell on gunbroker for a lot more but I tried to offer them up at less than market to the fire first.

I hope you are hazmat certified because if not you just admitted to breaking federal law by shipping your friend 8 pounds of powder. Which means you committed a crime doing your business and you're on here telling me how to conduct my business.

I bought lots of silver in 2009 for $9 an ounce. That doesn't mean I'll sell it to you for that today because your conscience says it's the right thing for me to do.
Nor do I plan to sell my home for what I paid for it when I built it.

If you shop all the local stores you should know that none of them have had much for primers in the last several months. When they do it's a one 100 count box limit and I didn't bother to get my limit.

Theres lots of virtue signaling and hero complexes going around telling other people to give their stuff away but those doing it are never offering their stuff at less than half of market value. I still believe in free market capitalism and would never berate someone for selling something at half the current market rate, but then again I tend to mind my own business. If it wasn't for people reselling their stuff there would be a lot of people unable to hunt or shoot at all. Maybe one day the government will make it illegal to make a profit on sporting goods, except for maybe Walmart and amazon and everyone can go without.

You're not in need of anything but your friends are? I'm not in need of anything and neither are my friends because I took care of them at my cost. I sold some local aquintences primers at $50 recently and then found out they were selling them online for $200-$300 so I'm only giving deals like that to close friends. So as for strangers, I'll leave that up to you to make sure everyone gets a trophy.

I give away more money than most each year but that's charity. For most people these represent wants not needs and they were free to choose to buy all they wanted back when I did. Some realize they missed that chance and appreciate still being able to buy them even if the price has gone up.

One thing worse than a scalper is someone who tries to dictate and control what strangers sell their property for. I guarantee you that if I sold these for $40-$50 many of the people buying them would flip them at a profit. Some say that would make me a good guy and others would know that would make me an idiot.

Bb

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I cleared out some PMs so I can receive them now.

Bb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am all about making a profit. Have no problems with it at all. I do have a problem with taking advantage of a bad situation to price gouge. Especially in a forum that for years has prided itself on looking out each other. It's a shame you have not recognized that.

William Berger

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Burleyboy
M1,

Thanks for the judgement. I bought most of these primers over a year ago when they were plentiful with the exception of 1 box I recently paid $90 for. I used to shoot over 10,000 rounds per year but no longer do because of health issues. I bought them originally to stock up before the next shortage. I thought I'd offer some of what I'm not going to be able to use now at less than current market rates.

If you don't like my prices then offer your own at less or go away. I still believe in free market capitalism and markets respond better to competition than they do complaining. I'm well under market prices and if I wanted to I could get hazmat certified and sell on gunbroker for a lot more but I tried to offer them up at less than market to the fire first.

I hope you are hazmat certified because if not you just admitted to breaking federal law by shipping your friend 8 pounds of powder. Which means you committed a crime doing your business and you're on here telling me how to conduct my business.

I bought lots of silver in 2009 for $9 an ounce. That doesn't mean I'll sell it to you for that today because your conscience says it's the right thing for me to do.
Nor do I plan to sell my home for what I paid for it when I built it.

If you shop all the local stores you should know that none of them have had much for primers in the last several months. When they do it's a one 100 count box limit and I didn't bother to get my limit.

Theres lots of virtue signaling and hero complexes going around telling other people to give their stuff away but those doing it are never offering their stuff at less than half of market value. I still believe in free market capitalism and would never berate someone for selling something at half the current market rate, but then again I tend to mind my own business. If it wasn't for people reselling their stuff there would be a lot of people unable to hunt or shoot at all. Maybe one day the government will make it illegal to make a profit on sporting goods, except for maybe Walmart and amazon and everyone can go without.

You're not in need of anything but your friends are? I'm not in need of anything and neither are my friends because I took care of them at my cost. I sold some local aquintences primers at $50 recently and then found out they were selling them online for $200-$300 so I'm only giving deals like that to close friends. So as for strangers, I'll leave that up to you to make sure everyone gets a trophy.

I give away more money than most each year but that's charity. For most people these represent wants not needs and they were free to choose to buy all they wanted back when I did. Some realize they missed that chance and appreciate still being able to buy them even if the price has gone up.

One thing worse than a scalper is someone who tries to dictate and control what strangers sell their property for. I guarantee you that if I sold these for $40-$50 many of the people buying them would flip them at a profit. Some say that would make me a good guy and others would know that would make me an idiot.

Bb

Don’t make me call your guy’s bishop!!! Now go read few pages of the Book of Mormon. Then hug it out over a tuna casserole and green jello with carrots in it.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh and funeral potatoes

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I am all about making a profit. Have no problems with it at all. I do have a problem with taking advantage of a bad situation to price gouge. Especially in a forum that for years has prided itself on looking out each other. It's a shame you have not recognized that.

Who the Hell are you? Since when is it up to a short sighted malcontent to criticize someone and what they are selling and at what price?

Produce the same components at 2020 retail prices or shut up!

Originally Posted by 79S
Oh and funeral potatoes

Aren’t you the pillar of perfection? Why don’t you read your own byline and shut up too?

Holy $hit, how you monitoring meddling bunch of do gooders can live with your personal flaws and cast stones is unbelievable!

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Who the Hell are you? Since when is it up to a short sighted malcontent to criticize someone and what they are selling and at what price?

Originally Posted by 79S
Oh and funeral potatoes

Aren’t you the pillar of perfection? Why don’t you read your own byline and shut up too?

Holy $hit, how you monitoring meddling bunch of do gooders can live with your personal flaws and cast stones is unbelievable!

You must be on the liquor and Percocet.. That’s one of hell of a rambling..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Originally Posted by 79S
Oh and funeral potatoes

It's easy. It's called having ethics and integrity

William Berger

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No it's called capitalism, look up the definition, and if you don't need any, it sounds like you have plenty, offer it up to those less fortunate at prepandemic prices

guns to me are like legal crack
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B

Last edited by Burleyboy; 03/04/21.
J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
😆🤣😂

Last edited by Jetboat98; 03/04/21.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 71 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,381
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.