Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
i see the grout line but why would that have been part of the photoshop i wonder? weird.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ClassyCanids
FYI

No where near foolproof, but if you receive multiple photos of the same item (jpeg, png, pdf, etc.) and one has a substantially larger file size, then it's probably edited in some way--may not have been a malicious edit, but it's probably been edited. Again, not a foolproof method, but something to easily check for the technically challenged on here.

Thanks for the tip ClassyC.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gdc2
Originally Posted by MPat70
Wow, that was a good tactic on your part asking for the signature, but that was a good attempt to scam you. Hate to admit it but I totally would have fell for it! Now I'm going to really critique pictures!

Im not that tech savvy but there are apps where you can do reverse searches to see if photos are already used online, also not foolproof as they use photoshop to alter originals. I have sold over on ArcheryTalk for years and they updated their system and did away with feedback from previous buyers which was a great system for giving you a little faith in who you were dealing with.

Yeah I notice we have the "good guy list" here but maybe we should start a scam list also, what say you guys?

Last edited by MPat70; 03/03/21.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Get address, send a loose box full of the dogs disposals...

I am cinching my deals by the day, literally won’t [bleep] with anyone who won’t have a conversation on the phone or anyone who hasn’t had a great deal of traffic on the site.

That said, with no relevance to the original poster but with others in mind(good catch by the way) I have sent money recently that took a great deal of time, and also sent items that are still in space with no funds received yet..take a deep breath and communicate, period,

MK
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sad to say with scammers almost everywhere and ups,usps and fedex either losing guns or taking so long to deliver I am really hesitant to buy or sell anything that requires shipping ..
I am only going to buy or sell locally .That will go a long ways toward solving the issues with scammers and dealing with shipping items.
i am by and large going to start buying in local brick and mortar stores as much as possible ,even it it cost more.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I don't use PayPal either..I use Venmo and cash app and Zelle.
So I guess I'm a potential scammer.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
When you place a WTB ad ...you are asking to be scammed...

Always have a phone conversation.

I don't , nor will I , ever do PP or electronic payment.

The GGL here is is BS.... I have had bad experiences with members on it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Caveat emptor.... Especially on WTB ads

A
ATC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ringworm
I don't use PayPal either..I use Venmo and cash app and Zelle.
So I guess I'm a potential scammer.

Why do people say they don't or won't use PayPal but will use Venmo? Venmo is owned by PayPal

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I guess it was almost a year ago I got scammed for $500 on here. I thought I had covered my bases by sending a USPS money order, registered mail. That way I knew they got it and thought I would have recourse being a federal money order. WRONG. Post office did not do squat and police were useless.
After the fact, I learned several things I could have done better like the OP asking for a picture with name and date, etc. but will admit, I would have most likely fell for the picture that was posted. I guess I am going to have to sharpen up yet again as these scum bags get better at trying to screw people.
Thanks for posting.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (222Sako, 257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 160user, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,519
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.