Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15860481 03/04/21
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Got a pkg being sent from the Dallas, Tx area. Fedex was sent the shipping notification on Tuesday morning, but they didn't pick up the pkg until Wed morning, approx. 24 hrs later. Driving time from shipping terminal to the local terminal and then to my house is about 5 hrs.

Fedex sent the pkg northeast for 5 hrs. Now the pkg is 'In Transit', dont know where its headed to, but where it left from is still 4 hrs away. So my pkg has been riding for a known 5 hours, it's 1 hr closer to it's destination, and I dont have a clue where it is headed.

Oh, the pkg was suppose to arrive today, we'll see.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Went to a UPS store, asked what I was shipping? A scope....you mean like a rifle scope. Yes? We don't ship scopes? WTF. Ok. You need to go to our other location across town. I went there, door was locked, sign on door open from 4pm to 6 pm Monday thru Friday. SOBs!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Why make things so difficult for yourself? Life's too short.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Had a package shipped fedex from a town in KY about an hour and a half north of me. Took over a week to get here, spent multiple days in Tennessee. So they basically drove it past my house to Tennessee, let it set for most of a week, then drove it back up here to me.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Esox357
Went to a UPS store, asked what I was shipping?
You should have told 'em "none of your business".....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you think you can do a better job of moving around 6 million packages a day like Fed Ex does, why not start your own shipping company?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sackett
If you think you can do a better job of moving around 6 million packages a day like Fed Ex does, why not start your own shipping company?

I'm paying their price for a service, so I have a right to expect what they advertise. If they don't like people telling the truth about them, that's their problem.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Insure it for over $!K and tell em it's medical equipment.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldman3

I'm paying their price for a service, so I have a right to expect what they advertise. If they don't like people telling the truth about them, that's their problem.

Nice try, first don't blame FedEx for not picking it up on time. Just because a label was created means they are going to have that package. If the label was created too late , well it's on the shipper, not the shipping company.

You are paying for a service, is it a guaranteed time? Or are you just being a whiny person?

And again, if you are so good at logistics, start your own shipping company. If you don't have the balls to do that, just sit back, chill and wait. Life is too short to be wound up over a package and if you get it today or tomorrow.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Got a pkg being sent from the Dallas, Tx area. Fedex was sent the shipping notification on Tuesday morning, but they didn't pick up the pkg until Wed morning, approx. 24 hrs later. Driving time from shipping terminal to the local terminal and then to my house is about 5 hrs.

Fedex sent the pkg northeast for 5 hrs. Now the pkg is 'In Transit', dont know where its headed to, but where it left from is still 4 hrs away. So my pkg has been riding for a known 5 hours, it's 1 hr closer to it's destination, and I dont have a clue where it is headed.

Oh, the pkg was suppose to arrive today, we'll see.

Last year, I had a package ship from Kentucky if I recall correctly. According to the tracking, 3 days past due, the package was shipped to Hawaii. I live in Texas. When it finally did arrive it was 9 days past projected due date.

FedEx also carried a freight item around on their truck for 11 days before delivering it. All 11 of those day were AFTER it arrived in my town/area.......according to their tracking.

FedEx has been the worst freight company our business has ever dealt with. We don't ship thru them & encourage our customers to do the same as many of our items are critical delivery once tendered. They are liars, deceitful & unreliable.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

How does one insure an item or file an insurance claim if the contents of the package was not indicated?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Went to a UPS store, asked what I was shipping? A scope....you mean like a rifle scope. Yes? We don't ship scopes? WTF. Ok. You need to go to our other location across town. I went there, door was locked, sign on door open from 4pm to 6 pm Monday thru Friday. SOBs!

The UPS Store will not ship firearms related anything willingly. It is written in their bylaws on their website. They will receive anything coming into their store. I have a UPS Store box. I receive all of my reloading supplies & guns thru them. But, they will not ship them. I have jacked up UPS.com over it many times. They always present some Snowflake answer without true reasoning. As long as I can receive my items I don't mind going to the UPS Service Centers to ship my gun sales.

Last edited by Reloder28; 03/04/21.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Nice try, first don't blame FedEx for not picking it up on time. Just because a label was created means they are going to have that package. If the label was created too late , well it's on the shipper, not the shipping company.

You are paying for a service, is it a guaranteed time? Or are you just being a whiny person?

And again, if you are so good at logistics, start your own shipping company. If you don't have the balls to do that, just sit back, chill and wait. Life is too short to be wound up over a package and if you get it today or tomorrow.

I was notified the label was printed at 9:05 am.... I guess Fedex doesn't pick up after 9:05 am in the Dallas area.

You are correct, I'm paying for a service that they claim they can deliver. If they cant deliver the service, as claimed, they need to stop making false statements.

Again, I paid their price for a service.

Now let me ask you a question..... If you went to a restaurant, looked at their menu (which is advertisement), paid their price for a steak meal, and they brought you a Peanut and Jelly sandwich instead, would you say anything?

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I bought a brass cleaner, off ebay new. Sent payment PayPal after 10 days I cancelled it,But hey said it had shipped that morning, so ebay stopped the cancellation. It took a few more days to ship, been sitting in Memphis for over a week now. I'm fed up with this chit.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I was notified the label was printed at 9:05 am.... I guess Fedex doesn't pick up after 9:05 am in the Dallas area.

You are correct, I'm paying for a service that they claim they can deliver. If they cant deliver the service, as claimed, they need to stop making false statements.

Now let me ask you a question..... If you went to a restaurant, looked at their menu (which is advertisement), paid their price for a steak meal, and they brought you a Peanut and Jelly sandwich instead, would you say anything?

The label was printed, that is all you know. Just because a label is made doesn't mean the package it ready to ship. It might not have been packaged and been ready to ship until 6PM that night. Buttt, because a label is made, the shipper will "cheat or lie" and say it was shipped when in fact it hasn't because they weren't ready. What does the tracking number show for label made, picked up, etc? Post a picture of it

As for picking up the package, depending on the location, Fed Ex might only stop at that exact location (Dallas area is an asinine statement to say) once a day, which means that it might wait another day. Why not complain about the shipper and have them tell you why it wasn't picked up that night? Again, blame the shipper or whomever created the label, don't blame the shipping company.

And exactly how many days did FedEx tell you it would take for delivery? Fedex doesn't automatically mean overnight.......

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

The label was printed, that is all you know. Just because a label is made doesn't mean the package it ready to ship. It might not have been packaged and been ready to ship until 6PM that night. Buttt, because a label is made, the shipper will "cheat or lie" and say it was shipped when in fact it hasn't because they weren't ready. What does the tracking number show for label made, picked up, etc? Post a picture of it

As for picking up the package, depending on the location, Fed Ex might only stop at that exact location (Dallas area is an asinine statement to say) once a day, which means that it might wait another day. Why not complain about the shipper and have them tell you why it wasn't picked up that night? Again, blame the shipper or whomever created the label, don't blame the shipping company.

And exactly how many days did FedEx tell you it would take for delivery? Fedex doesn't automatically mean overnight.......

Interested to know your answer regarding the steak and peanut butter and jelly sandwich question.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I've been shipping and receiving for 30 years and have never seen such poor service as what we are seeing lately. Fedx has been at the bottom of the barrel longer than most too. The OP isn't whining. He expects better service, as we all should. Your defending fedx sounds like you work for them.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

"Scopes" are used to look at stars.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck
Went to a UPS store, asked what I was shipping?
You should have told 'em "none of your business".....

I NEVER tell them what I'm shipping, if it's even remotely firearms related.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
And exactly how many days did FedEx tell you it would take for delivery?

And if you had read my original post, I said delivery was suppose to be today, we'll see.

If I'm being 'whinney' because I make a statement about how I think a company is being inefficient, then mark me down as such. Hell send me a cap and I'll wear it.

Just so you'll know...... From Dallas area to the local terminal is due east on I-20 and believe it or not, I've seen Fedex 18 wheelers being driven on that road, some going east and some going west.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 71 invisible), 2,928 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,132
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.