-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So the meme seems to be...buy a compact gun for concealed carry, hang a bunch of tactical junk all over it so it's too big to carry...complain that it's obsolete because of size.

GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Originally Posted by Cattledog
G19 isn’t going anywhere, but would like to see Shield offer a mag upgrade as they’ve done for 43x/48.

FWIW, S15 mags are only 1 week backorder, easy to get.

Good to know because I've been on the notify list for months and nuttin. Ordered some on backorder and we'll see what happens.

JL
I believe ordering is key, their fulfillment prioritizes orders over a notify list. Good luck !

Last edited by Cattledog; 03/01/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
Originally Posted by Cattledog
G19 isn’t going anywhere, but would like to see Shield offer a mag upgrade as they’ve done for 43x/48.

FWIW, S15 mags are only 1 week backorder, easy to get.

I suspect that a Shield-type upgrade for the G-19 might not be a simple proposition at all, because the G-19 magazine is already a true double-stack magazine. The Shield upgrade for the G-43x is simply a steel magazine with enough internal room to hold a double stack of cartridges, as opposed to the factory 43x magazine, which holds a stack that is only slightly staggered and is not much more than a single stack magazine.

If Shield, or anyone else, made a steel magazine for the G-19, G-17, etc., the internal volume would be such that you would be making a 2 1/2 or maybe even a triple stack magazine. I would expect that perfect function would be difficult to achieve.

During the high cap ban I bought a steel 15 round mag for the G19.

Piece
of
Chit!

Pretty consistent jams.
Smashed it flat and sent it to the dump.

10 rounds, available on the trigger, beat 15 stored in the butt
of a jammed up gun.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by SargeMO
One has to wonder how much these youtube videos affect sales.

I don't know how they affect sales, but marketing companies sure do see the benefit of having YouTubers shill their clients' products to their audience. MAC just makes his shilling super obvious. And yes, the word "obsolete" basically means nothing at this point. Have a look at this graph by Leviathan media group:

[Linked Image from s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz]

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Saw it yesterday. Left my comments on his ridiculous proposition under the video.

He's getting a lot of grief for it in the comments.

And that’s the whole point...get attention with his assertions...it’s how he makes money. It’s no different than the days of gun writers stimulating newsstand sales to the perpetual beat beat of “.45 vs 9mm!!!!!” “THE 16 GAUGE IS OBSOLETE!!!!!!!” “REVOLVER vs AUTOMATIC!!!!!” “THE 16 GAUGE- PERFECT ALL-AROUND SHOTGUN!!!!!!” “.38 vs 9mm!!!” “THE .38 SPECIAL IS OBSOLETE!!!!” “THE .38 SOECIAL IS STILL THE IDEAL REVOLVER CARTRIDGE!!!”

Can you hear the churning?

I have a few Glocks, from “no Gen” to Gen 5. No Glock is obsolete and the truth still holds that the guy working on wearing out his Glock or any other pistol of any generation is more likely to prevail when it counts than is the guy who obsesses over magazine capacity and other minutiae.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I know that at least one pair of YouTube reviewers was outted for selling favorable reviews. They charged companies $1500-$2500 per review.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Saw it yesterday. Left my comments on his ridiculous proposition under the video.

He's getting a lot of grief for it in the comments.

And that’s the whole point...get attention with his assertions...it’s how he makes money. It’s no different than the days of gun writers stimulating newsstand sales to the perpetual beat beat of “.45 vs 9mm!!!!!” “THE 16 GAUGE IS OBSOLETE!!!!!!!” “REVOLVER vs AUTOMATIC!!!!!” “THE 16 GAUGE- PERFECT ALL-AROUND SHOTGUN!!!!!!” “.38 vs 9mm!!!” “THE .38 SPECIAL IS OBSOLETE!!!!” “THE .38 SOECIAL IS STILL THE IDEAL REVOLVER CARTRIDGE!!!”

Can you hear the churning?

I have a few Glocks, from “no Gen” to Gen 5. No Glock is obsolete and the truth still holds that the guy working on wearing out his Glock or any other pistol of any generation is more likely to prevail when it counts than is the guy who obsesses over magazine capacity and other minutiae.

Well said.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would not replace my G26 with either G19 or G48. I can see how civilian would pick G48 for daily carry with factory magazine over G19. There is no question the G48 it is easier to carry all day gun. Glock brought out the G48 in anticipation of 10 cartridge magazine requirement. I think of G48 as obese persons with small hands CWW gun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Obsolete? No sir!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The G48 replaced the G19 for me. I love the gun and I am not a fat guy with small hands.

NRA Life Member
IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Obviously it has become obsolete for Mac, but for the people who have been there and done that it obviously hasn't.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
As soon as all black versions of the 43X hit the market, I bought one. I was enthusiastic, and planned on also ordering some of those 15 round magazines for it. It seemed ideal. Took it to the range, and it cut the heck out of the top of the web of my hand with slide bite. Took it to the rage a few more times, and had the same thing happen, regardless of how I adjusted my grip. I sold it. That never happened with any previous model of Glock that I've shot, not even with my 42 or standard 43. Inexplicable, but it happened. Don't know why.

That aside, I actually preferred the feel of the 19, and have no trouble carrying it concealed daily, so my attraction to the 43X was more novelty-driven than anything else.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Glock 19 is about as obsolete as the .30-06.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
So the meme seems to be...buy a compact gun for concealed carry, hang a bunch of tactical junk all over it so it's too big to carry...complain that it's obsolete because of size.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that myself.

All the extra trash kind of defeats the purpose of going smaller for the carry piece. I have a light on the bedside/house pistol, not on my daily carry.

My everyday carry, lately, is the G19, with tritium sights, and a Hogue grip sleeve. It's a nice clean package that conceals easily, carries easily, shoots easily, has good ammo capacity with standard-length issue magazines.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that myself.

All the extra trash kind of defeats the purpose of going smaller for the carry piece. I have a light on the bedside/house pistol, not on my daily carry.

My everyday carry, lately, is the G19, with tritium sights, and a Hogue grip sleeve. It's a nice clean package that conceals easily, carries easily, shoots easily, has good ammo capacity with standard-length issue magazines.

Right. The 19 is right in that Goldilocks zone.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mac "jumped the shark" on that video.

abusus non tollit usum
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Don't tell Glockdufus.. LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MOGC
I know that at least one pair of YouTube reviewers was outted for selling favorable reviews. They charged companies $1500-$2500 per review.

Yep.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Obsolete has a meaning, and G19 doesn't fit it.

Since I've switched to the M&P 2.0, however, the 4" compact has made the G19 irrelevant to me.

😜

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
One thing that *should* drive down the price of polymer frame handguns is the technology that's appeared since their introduction 40 or so years ago. The high speed, high precision CNC machining centers of today can produce injection molds that are ready to go right out of the machine. Manufacturers are catching on to the fact that there's money to be made by producing and selling high quality polymer framed auto pistols for $300.

I'd bet that the price of manufacturing one is under $100.

As I've mentioned on here, I recently bought a Ruger Security 9 new for $300. It's obvious that it was designed to directly compete with the Glock 19.,..which sells for considerably more. Other manufacturers have came out with quality, low price polymer frame 9mms that closely mimic the size, shape, and weight of the Glock 19.

Taurus introduced a model that was selling in the $200 range before the gun shortage pushed its price up a bit.

I know a lot of people look down their nose at Taurus products. But they've sold a trainload of them and it's hard to find a bad review of them.

Basically, they're a fairly simple thing to produce. Once a manufacturer gets tooled up to produce them they can crank them out like shelling peas.

They're a huge moneymaker,..and the manufacturers who are still selling them in the $500-$600 range are making a killing on them.

But that price range isn't going to last.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 72 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,828
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.