Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheKid
Me and the boy have been picking up a bucketful every couple days. They’re still pretty deep and slow. We’re slip corking so we can fish really slow. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Great picture!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
A bit soon here; we're still in ice-out stages. Only a few lakes open water. Our crappie peak bite is around Mother's Day.

It was probably in In-Fisherman that I read about fishing for them when the ice is receding. It said that if the edges were open water, to throw a jig out onto the ice and bring it back to drop down the face of the floe. Never had a chance to try it, but it intrigued me.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rickt300
I do it almost like the guy in the video except I don't cut through and separate the filet in front of the tail, instead I flip the filet back over the tail and run my knife in between the skin and the meat so I don't have to hold on the edge of the skin to do so. When I am done the part you don't keep is all one piece and goes directly into a trash bag.

Same here, but on good sized fish, whether crappie, bass or speckled trout, I keep the ribs and fry them too.

Theres more meat there than one would think and I grew up in scarce times. wink

Sometimes on small bass or speckled trout I scale them and just fillet off the sides and fry with the skin on one side.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Me and the boy have been picking up a bucketful every couple days. They’re still pretty deep and slow. We’re slip corking so we can fish really slow. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

How big is that lake, Kid. Does it have big 'gills and catfish?

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I wish I was catching crappie. Most of the surface water around here is still in the solid phase. :-(

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
[Linked Image]

Caught these in February in 3 foot of water . Fishing jigs real slow .

That catch would get me a ticket for sure!
Nice haul.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
[Linked Image]

Caught these in February in 3 foot of water . Fishing jigs real slow .

Wow! What part of Tennessee are you in?

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

Good as it gets right there! My boys are too big to want to go fishing with me any more.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The bite is on at Larto lake in Louisiana. Spider rigging with shiners. Daily limit 50 per person

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx

How big is that lake, Kid. Does it have big 'gills and catfish?

It’s a 2acre farm pond Jag. Some big perch and bass in it too. We’re tied up in a nonsense access dispute out at the big flood control pond where we catch the 2 and 3 pound crappie at, maybe we’ll get it ironed out in time to fish them this spring.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I caught two males today and a 6 pound bass got off just before I would have had her on shore. It is soon going to be on in my favorite spots.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We won’t get started fishing here for about a month, but you guys are getting me anxious. ShortActionSmoker did cook up a nice bunch of last years fillets for my birthday dinner a few days ago.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I would be happy eating cornmeal fried crappie 4 or 5 days a week. They are hard to get here in West Texas.

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I would be happy eating cornmeal fried crappie 4 or 5 days a week. They are hard to get here in West Texas.

No sheit, ain't got no water there.😁

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by mirage243
It's on here in Alabama, last week was fantastic, cold front came through on Sunday and Monday and shut em down a little, they'll fire back up today or tomorrow. 3 of us put 90 in the boat on Saturday in less than 3 hours. When the troll is on, it don't get any better.

Nice...

Big trout here in a few week. Upper Potomac.

Typical Bay fish in a month or two.

I'm jealous though. Crappie are fantastic.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,893 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,525
Posts18,452,829
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.