#15860536 03/04/21
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

HR 1
Another Democrat power grab passes in the middle of the night....
Nothing to see here

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you for contacting me to express your thoughts on the For the People Act. I appreciate you taking the time to share your views with me.

You may be pleased to know that I am a co-sponsor of H.R. 1, the For the People Act, which was introduced on January 4th, 2021 by Representative John Sarbanes. As H.R. 1, the For the People Act represents the highest priority for the House of Representatives. I was proud to co-sponsor and vote for the For the People Act in the 116th Congress, and I urge my colleagues to bring this package up again for a vote in the 117th Congress.

This package of election and government reform legislation will help end the culture of corruption, get money out of politics and ensure that the voices of Iowans are heard in Washington. No matter if you are a Democrat, Republican or an Independent, I believe we can agree that all Iowans deserve easy and accessible voting, fair and transparent campaign finance laws, and responsible and accountable representatives. The three broad sections in the For the People Act – voting, campaign finance reform, and stronger ethics regulations – all help change the culture in Washington to move our country forward.

Every voter in Iowa deserves to have their voice heard, and the For the People Act makes it easier for Iowans to participate in our democracy. I support provisions in the For the People Act that encourage voting like automatic registration, longer voting hours and more chances to vote early or by mail. Protecting our elections and ensuring Americans can vote is the cornerstone of our democracy. That’s why I have also previously voted for much-needed legislation to increase election security and protect voting rights – like the SAFE Act, which would create federal standards to secure our elections; and the Voting Rights Advancement Act, which would restore and revise the Voting Rights Act to guard against efforts to suppress voter turnout.

I will also make sure that the For the People Act ensures Iowa can continue leading charge against gerrymandering by using nonpartisan legislative staff who cannot use targeted political data to find an advantage in redistricting. Last Congress, I worked with members of Iowa’s congressional delegation to amend the For the People Act so that Iowa’s strong anti-gerrymandering laws continue to serve our state, and I intend to make sure this language is retained in the For the People Act this Congress.

I am also glad the For the People Act helps fight back against big money in politics to keep our democracy accountable to Iowans – not corporations and special interests. Currently, our tax code allows groups – like super PACs – to spend unlimited sums on political activities without having to reveal their big-money donors. This package will shine a light on anonymous dark money groups by requiring them to disclose their largest funders. To improve oversight, the For the People Act also empowers the Federal Election Commission to strongly enforce existing regulations.

The For the People Act helps tackles corruption and waste in Washington. Provisions in the bill, such as closing lobbying loopholes and preventing elected politicians from serving on corporate boards all help prevent representatives from serving their pocketbooks instead of the people. I spent a decade at the State of Iowa rooting out waste, fraud and abuse to make sure Iowans’ tax dollars were being used wisely; I want Iowans to know their hard-earned tax dollars are being used to help move our country forward, not fund unnecessary perks for Members of Congress.

In the 116th Congress, I introduced legislation, the Clean Up Congress Act, that takes three steps to root out waste, fraud and abuse by: 1) banning Members of Congress from becoming lobbyists, 2) prohibiting Members of Congress for using taxpayer dollars for first class flights, and 3) preventing Congress from getting a pay raise until they reduce the spending deficit. Iowans deserve better from Washington – and that starts with Congress getting its own house in order.

I believe that regardless of political affiliation, Congress can always look for ways to increase voter participation, hold government accountable, and save taxpayer dollars. One of the most important parts of my job is to listen to the people, and I will continue to keep your thoughts in mind as I continue working to guarantee the people of Iowa’s Third Congressional District have your voices heard.

Thank you again for contacting my office. Please keep in touch with any additional questions or comments by emailing me at https://axne.house.gov/contact. If you would like to receive regular updates from me, please visit https://axne.house.gov/contact/newsletter to sign up for my e-newsletter.
Sincerely,

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They should be forced to read that one aloud from the stage at the ellipse and see what the public thinks.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The Senate handling of this will be interesting to watch,

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
The Senate handling of this will be interesting to watch,

In order to get out of conference for a general vote in the Senate, it needs 60%, assuming filibuster (safe assumption). Unless we have a large number of serious traitors among the Republicans there, it will never get out of conference. The Senate was designed to be a conservative influence, in case radical elements were ever suddenly swept into office in the US Government.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’m confused, I thought HR 1 was that legislation that nigress Rep Cori Bush brought which got defeated by procedural roll call vote by Marjorie Taylor Green.

https://spectator.us/topic/marjorie-taylor-greene-congress-cori-bush-amendment-hr1-felons/

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My bad, the Rep Dem thing was an “amendment” to the HR-1

carry on, nobody get up

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Rule #5 being carried out.

1. Corrupt the young: get them away from religion. Get them interested in sex. Make them superficial; destroy their ruggedness.

2. Get control of all means of publicity. Get peoples’ minds off their government by focusing their attention on athletics, sexy books, plays and other trivialities.

3. Divide people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance.

4. Destroy the peoples’ faith in their natural leaders by holding the latter up to contempt, ridicule and . (speak against, condemnatory utterances)

5. Always preach ;true democracy; but seize power as fast and as ruthlessly as possible.

6. By encouraging government extravagance, destroy its credit; produce fear of inflation, rising prices and general discontent.

7. Foment strikes in vital industries; encourage civil disorders and foster a lenient and soft attitude on the part of government toward these disorders.

8. By special argument cause a breakdown of the old moral virtues; honesty, sobriety, continence, faith in the pledged word, ruggedness.

9. Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext with a view of confiscation of them and leaving the population helpless.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Rule #5 being carried out.

1. Corrupt the young: get them away from religion. Get them interested in sex. Make them superficial; destroy their ruggedness.

2. Get control of all means of publicity. Get peoples’ minds off their government by focusing their attention on athletics, sexy books, plays and other trivialities.

3. Divide people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance.

4. Destroy the peoples’ faith in their natural leaders by holding the latter up to contempt, ridicule and . (speak against, condemnatory utterances)

5. Always preach ;true democracy; but seize power as fast and as ruthlessly as possible.

6. By encouraging government extravagance, destroy its credit; produce fear of inflation, rising prices and general discontent.

7. Foment strikes in vital industries; encourage civil disorders and foster a lenient and soft attitude on the part of government toward these disorders.

8. By special argument cause a breakdown of the old moral virtues; honesty, sobriety, continence, faith in the pledged word, ruggedness.

9. Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext with a view of confiscation of them and leaving the population helpless.

What's this list?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
In May 1919, at Dusseldorf, Germany, the Allied Forces obtained a copy of the “Communist Rules for Revolution.

I've had this for years. It was printed in some article I read and saved it. Very fitting for what we're seeing, don't you think?

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord

carry on, nobody get up

It was just an amendment.

Sheesh.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

carry on, nobody get up

Sheesh.

I can’t be all things to all people all the time. Sheesh

And I did find it for myself.

#thanks4nothing

sheesh X2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hold into the canning lid.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

carry on, nobody get up

Sheesh.

I can’t be all things to all people all the time. Sheesh

And I did find it for myself.

#thanks4nothing

sheesh X2

Try to do better next time, K?

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I mean YOU ARE AN ORACLE and all.

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
In all fairness....he Jimmy Olson'ed himself.

That takes guts.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Raeford

I wonder if VG is an oracle?

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Lowly Kahuna
Wait a dammed minute

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About 3 sentences in where it says "Get money out of politics" was all I needed to read..........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

i think he is jus an oriface

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
124 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,861 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,672
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.